Latisse Lash Growth Drops

4.4

The active ingredient in LATISSE is bimatoprost 0.03%.
Approved Use: LATISSEģ is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

on 8/19/2015 10:38:00 PM

It seems like after I turned 30 (4 years ago), my lashes have become shorter and lighter. Since I generally don't wear makup during the day (due to the nature of my work), I wanted to find something that would help my lashes grow longer and be more noticeable without makeup. I asked my dermatologist about Latisse durning my last appointment. Both he and the esthetician said it works amazing. So I decided to give it a try.

I purchased Latisse from my dermatologist for $100. I have no complaint on the price since I'm using this product purely for cosmetic reasons. And since I've found it to work amazingly well, it's definitely worth the price to me!

The first thing the dermatologist told me was to toss the applicators that come with it. I totally agree with him that they are garbage. The bristles are scratchy and the applicator is too big to precisely apply to drops. I have been using a fine point eyeliner brush to apply the Latisse, which works perfect.

To apply, I squeeze one drop into the cap. I then dip my liner brush into the product and line my up upper lash lines like I was applying eyeliner. I have found that one drop is plenty to line both of my eyes. That said, one bottle has actually lasted me a long time with daily use.

The first time I used it I did experience some burning/discomfort on my lids. Since I was pretty irritating, I waited a good four days to try it again. If It was going to continue to be unformatable to use, I wasn't going to continue using it at all. The second time I tried it the irritation was minimal, but still noticeable. So I waited another four days before trying it for one last time. After the third use I didn't notice and discomfort. I then started using it daily.

I have experienced a few side effects, however, they aren't bad enough to cause me to quit using it. The first thing I noticed after about a month of use was a slight dark line on my eyelids where I had been applying the product. Th darkening is incredibly minor, we are talking "tan/red", not black, blue or anything weird. Unless you were inches from my face, you would never notice it.

The second side effect I started to notice about three months after continued use: bloodshot eyes. It took me a while to figure out why I was waking up in the morning with red/bloodshot eyes. Once I finally realized it was from the Latisse, I debated discontinuing using it. But I found that OTC eye drops that "relieve redness" do the trick and make the redness go away. So I apply eye drops in the morning.

The results have been amazing! I've been using it for about four months now. The dermatologist warned me that I wouldn't see real results until about 11 weeks. After about 9 weeks I slowly started seeing longer lashes. And they have continued to grow longer.

I have noticed that my lashes arent all increasesing in length at the same rate. The lashes on the outer corner of my eyes seem to be growing a lot faster. Again, this is something that is probably only noticeable to me.

The huge benefit to having longer lashes is that my lashes look AMAZING with only minimal mascara. After one coat of mascara I have incredible length and beautiful lashes! The other benefit is that longer lashes are a lot easier to curl!

I completely recommend giving Latisse a try. Yes there are side effects, but for me the benefits outweigh the side effects.

on 8/6/2015 2:26:00 AM

This is the only product that will lengthen lashes, the rest are all marketing hype.
However!!!! are you ladies aware of the side effects??? it can cause the colour of your eye (iris) to forever darken...do you really want that?
Also a side effect is darkening of the under eye area?
These two side effects are so not worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it sucks that the serums do nothing ....Latisse took them to court and made them remove the effective ingredient out so all those expensive serums have nothing in them that will lengthen or add volume!!!! all the women saying they have results...its just your mind playing tricks on you or of course in 8-12 weeks lashes will grow so maybe that's all they are seeing......conditioning eyelashes helps mascara to go on smoothly though so im all for that but make no mistake it wont make eyelashes grow quicker or fuller...

Instead just make sure you have good nutrition (f you know you are hopeless just take fish oil tablets, a multi vitamin and one especially for healthy hair and nails Vitamin C, B vitamins such as Biotin (Vitamin B7 or Vitamin H) and Niacin (Vitamin B3).

Use a mascara primer first then mascara this will give you thick long looking lashes,

You can use a serum for eyelashes at night (too heavy to use during day) but none of the expensive ones can prove to do anything!!!! Castor oil or a cheap conditioning serum is fine

Use fake eyelashes for special occasions, the eyelashes that last 4 weeks will be too heavy for your eyelashes and snap them off....unless you can afford to permanently get these done every 3 weeks I would strongly advise not to do it, you will end up with stumps for eyelashes!!!! but if you can afford to do it forever then go for it they look incredible.

and my last tip, comb your eyelashes!!!! it will stimulate growth and used in conjunction with above you will get the best result.

Genetics are responsible for great lashes but the above tips will help....I just get annoyed when women are paying $90 or more for something that will not do a thing other than condition the lashes....blame Latisse for controlling the market! if it didn't have such bad side effects id be getting it in a heart beat but I love my blue eyes too much to risk them changing.

on 7/10/2015 1:34:00 PM

Great product, my lashes grew longer as they stated. Only complaint is the cost and the stiff brushes they give you. Lately I've been purchasing the generic version and have been getting the same results. I get mine from LatisseLashess.com. They sell it for a much cheaper price

on 6/25/2015 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have terribly short, straight, pale lashes and deep set eyes. Naturally, I had to try this product. It didn't sting going on but my eyelids at the base of my lashes felt sensitive the entire time. My eyes were bloodshot every morning. Even though I took the precaution and applied eye lubricant prior to brushing on Latisse with an eyeliner brush. After 4 weeks, I did begin to see a change in my lashes. When I applied mascara for the first time in a month, my left lashes were 2-3 mm longer than they were previously and my lashes were beginning to darken. Regrettably the eye redness and lashline tenderness was just too much. I looked hung over every morning and then, I developed dark circles under my eyes. I'm going to be 47 next month. I rather have short lashes than horrendous dark circles and puffy bloodshot eyes. I stopped using Latisse this week. My eyes are no longer puffy and bloodshot in the morning. The lashline tenderness is resolved. I'm now praying the dark circles fade. Going back to castor oil.

on 6/21/2015 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I'm pleased with my natural lash length, but who doesn't want to to pump it up a bit? I purchased Latisse and I can vow for it's efficiency. It works very well and others even noticed the increase in my lashes. I have purchased it twice. However....
When I bought this, one of the receptionist's at the Dr.'s office I purchased it from told me to NOT use the applicators it came with, as they end up using more of the product than is actually needed. Instead, she suggested I use an eyeliner brush. Which leads to my second gripe....This product is ridiculously expensive. It works, but I don't think it's necessary to spend this much. I have been using RapidLash, at a third of the cost, and am pleased. For this reason, I will not purchase Latisse again.

on 6/10/2015 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Started using latisse 2months back and am loving it! Although some of my lashes are growing stupidly longer than others, but hey, at least my lashes are groooooowing! Im so happy!

Basically I will drip 2 drops into the cap and used the applicator dip in and go along my top eye line, when theres still some left I will carefully apply over my brows. It worked beautifully thus far. Yes, gonna be careful not to touch the tip of the bottle with our dirty hands, so I will always use a alcohol swab/wipe to clean my hand and brushes(if I'm reusing the brushes)

I got it at $89.90 from a www.lovelumigan.com introduced by a friend!! Its definitely worth the try! just my 2cents. =D

on 5/9/2015 12:02:00 PM

I've been using Careprost for about 2 years now and couldn't be happier with the results. Over the years, I've purchased from various stores and it wasn't until last summer that I found my latest store and they were the only ones that actually knew how it is supposed to be applied. Before, I was putting drops into the cap of the bottle and dipping the brush there and applying. This is a huge mistake and I was basically asking for an infection. Just like Latisse, you have to avoid having the tip of the bottle touch anything. The second you double dip, its basically contaminated, and once you put the cap back on, you could potentially contaminate the entire bottle. I learned all this from inquiring almost everyday from TimelessBeauty101 who was patient enough to give me all the specifics. They included the same eyelid brush that I used to get from Latisse, not an eyeliner brush which requires more drops as it doesn't spread out easily on the eyelid.

A bottle may last over 2 months but it loses its effectivity and can possibly be bad for the eyes. Once a bottle has been opened, it can't be used for such a long period of time as it may initiate infection.

Putting 3 or more coats of mascara can be a potential cause of fall out after cleaning your eyelashes. Gentle care is much needed to keep it from falling out. Wash it gently and one or two coats of mascara will do its magic.

In a nutshell, find a company who can communicate properly in regards to what they are selling to eliminate improper usage of the product which causes infection and contamination.

on 5/6/2015 1:07:00 PM

I got Latisse since my lashes are skimpy and was hoping for more lashes. I used for about 1 month and had to stop using it. If you are thinking of using the PLEASE BE CAREFUL. I now have dark brown rings around my eyes and on my eyelids my eyes are itchy,The whites of my eyes are bloodshot from broken capillaries and worst of all- I now have blurry vision . I have since found out that these are all SIDE EFFECTS. I really wish I never tried this and could have done other things with the 175.00 it cost me. I'm hoping that my vision will improve and that these awful circles will lighten. I now look like I haven't slept in months. Beware of this product, I really did want it to work but it's not .

on 5/1/2015 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the red hair curse of having a very fair complexion and blonde (see invisible) lashes and brows. After seeing some info on Latisse I went in search of it. At $125-$179 a bottle from my doctor I thought I would see if I could find it anywhere for less and I did! I Google searched "Latisse online" and found https://www.shoplatissemd.com/ where they have it for almost half the price. Just to be sure it was the real Latisse (I donít need my lashes falling out or to grow a third eye with fake stuff) I found the customer service line for Allergan, Latisseís manufacturer, and they gladly gave me a list of their authorized retailers. ShopLatisseMD checked out so I purchased a 5ml bottle for only $98! WINNING!!! Did I mention it was delivered within days too? The decided to share 1 drop between each lid once a day and it lasted 20 weeks which was awesome! I figure I can drop $.70 a day for amazing lashes considering I spend more than that on coffee alone. A girl needs her Starbucks! I just purchased and started another bottle because I am definitely seeing results and they say itís 16 weeks to full growth potential. I can without a doubt say that I am beyond pleased with my results thus far and others have noticed as well. Bye, bye short and invisible lashes! I now feel comfortable going out without mascara always on and that is a relief for my AM routine. I havenít experienced any side effects so I would absolutely recommend this product to others and this retailer. Two orders so far and no complaints. Lash heaven!

on 3/13/2015 3:01:00 PM

I can't speak for Latisse but I used the generic version, Careprost which is the same thing. I'm not using it anymore because I got lazy. I have typical Asian lashes (stick straight and they point down). I've used 2 bottles up already. Around the 4 week mark of using it, I noticed that my lashes were definitely thicker and longer. Around a month and a half, my lashes were super long! People at work and my family asked me if I was wearing fake lashes (even when I didn't apply mascara). On days when I didn't wear makeup I would just curl my lashes and I would instantly look awake. I love the effects that Careprost gives!! I would definitely repurchase and use again and again, but it's kind of difficult for me to get ahold of (I had to meet with someone on Kijiji..... sketchy?) However, be warned that it does make the skin around your eyelid darker and your dark circles even more prominent.