Latisse Lash Growth Drops

4.4

The active ingredient in LATISSE is bimatoprost 0.03%.
Approved Use: LATISSEģ is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

on 3/13/2015 3:01:00 PM

I can't speak for Latisse but I used the generic version, Careprost which is the same thing. I'm not using it anymore because I got lazy. I have typical Asian lashes (stick straight and they point down). I've used 2 bottles up already. Around the 4 week mark of using it, I noticed that my lashes were definitely thicker and longer. Around a month and a half, my lashes were super long! People at work and my family asked me if I was wearing fake lashes (even when I didn't apply mascara). On days when I didn't wear makeup I would just curl my lashes and I would instantly look awake. I love the effects that Careprost gives!! I would definitely repurchase and use again and again, but it's kind of difficult for me to get ahold of (I had to meet with someone on Kijiji..... sketchy?) However, be warned that it does make the skin around your eyelid darker and your dark circles even more prominent.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Love it. It works. Longer, darker, and more curled lashes that look almost fake with mascara. My mom asked me if I was wearing false eyelashes.
Although it says not to, I've used it on my lower lashline and the ends of my eyebrows with milder but pleasant results (I had to trim one of my lower lashes, it got that long). I'm nearing the end of my first bottle of CAREPROST and am reordering from online store beautybylarkins net for only $25 ,because I cant be without.

Definitely use a thin eyeliner brush and wash often. The plastic applicators that come in the (excessive) packaging soak up and waste the drops.

on 3/5/2015 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

It definitely works for me.

I buy the generic Careprost for significantly cheaper than the Latisse. One bottle lasts about 8 weeks and I use one drop every night. (I will go to 3x a week after 16 weeks.)

I threw out the enclosed brush and bought the $1 ELF lip brush and cut off half the bristles. I put a drop on a clean surface, use the brush, and then rinse it out afterward and let air dry.

The growth is great. Not crazy-great, but I am very, very pleased. (I'm about 10 weeks in and it took about 6 to really see a difference.)

I had red, itchy eyes for a few weeks but it went away. No burning or stinging, though.

I will post pictures in my profile after 16 weeks.

on 2/28/2015 7:43:00 PM

I was using Careprost and went to my eye doc and he wrote me a script for Lumigan which is Latisse just without the fancy name or price. My co pay was 3$ and I got refils! No more ordering overseas or paying 24$ in the U.S. for this girl. I'm very happy with this product I did a whole timeline review with the careprost so no need to rewrite my journey you can read it if you wish. Just what I do at night. After I wash my face and it's dry I use a liner brush I like RT's non silicon fine liner brush. I put one drop not touching it to my brush on. Then I line each eye I do use a second drop but I think the 2 together equal one full drop because I'm very sparing with it. The rest I use on my eyebrows and yes, it works there too.

My lashes are very long and full and not spidery at all! I do maintain my lashes by using this 3 times a week. I love using mascaras I love that I don't need them very much because my lashes are darker. I stopped for a while and my lashes remained dark and full just not as long. Once I started it again the length came back. My doc gave me the .01 percent which is good because i can go up so that takes care of the tolerance issue for me. So if your just starting this you have the option of a lower dose and can work your way up. I think it makes sense to do that anyway because with most meds you start slow and work your way up.

I'm just happy I can get this at my local cvs no problem. I love the product itself and my lash line did and still has a light pink tinge to it. But it doesn't look bad it kinda enhances my eyes. Plus I wear liner so I'm not over concerned since I've been using this over 2 years. Also I am very pale with green eyes and yes the colour change is a side effect I still do not have it 2 years later. This is a relatively safe medication but it should be treated as such. It's a beauty product but it should always be treated as a medication. Like washing my brush I do it after every use. Eye drops can get contaminated very easily so cleanliness is key. If you wash your hands, your brush if you use that instead of disposables and treat it as a medication you can have great lashes pretty safely and effectively. I love this product and wouldn't think of discontinuing it unless my doc told me so. I highly recommend it!

on 2/18/2015 12:28:00 PM

I figured I needed to give a review in hopes that others would maybe want to try Latisse but were too scared away by the price.
I began using Latisse in July, 2014. Of course I had to go to my eye doctor to get the RX; there was NO WAY I would use knock-off or something else that wasn't meant for this purpose. Totally scared by reviewers that said their eyelashes fell out, etc. While I'm all for saving a buck, good lord ladies, this is your EYES we are talking about here.
Anyway, paid full price, $160, for a 5 ml bottle and a bunch of brushes it comes with. How I used it (based on other reviewers, thanks ladies!): place one drop in the cap of the container, use one brush to apply to upper lash line of both eyes. (just kind of mash/swirl the brush around to pick up the medication.) That's it. I figure the preservatives in the formula and the fact that I am applying this to clean eyelids, and using a new brush every night, will keep my eyeballs happy and infection free.
The result after about 8 weeks: OMG lashes that my teen daughters are envious of! I kept up daily use until about 16 weeks, then tapered down to every-other night for maintenance. I did notice some rogue lashes growing in the inner corners of my eye that were kinda weird, but nothing anybody else would notice unless they had the 10x vision like the mirror I use, LOL. That first bottle lasted me until December 2014. Seriously, lasted 6 months. So, all things considered, it can be really affordable. My co-worker Linda was so impressed that she is now trying it. Give it a shot!
I still use mascara of course, to REALLY get vavavoom lashes.

While Latisse works wonderfully, my insurance company wonít cover it because it is cosmetic. I priced it at our local pharmacies. It would be about $170. for each bottle, which lasts about 8 weeks. I could get it online through a Canadian pharmacy for about $135. a bottle. SoÖI will not continue using Latisse, as much as Iíd like to, because I canít justify the cost. Iím certainly hoping that I will continue to see these long lashes for a long time to come. Once you stop using it, your lashes eventually go back to the way they were before the treatments. Latisse is applied on your eye lid at your upper lash line. I did use some on my eyebrows because they were thin also. This is not a recommended use for Latisse. Iím just sayiní.

I found out that Latisse is a glaucoma medication that caused growth in eyelashes. So, you don't want to get this in your eyes. It could change the color of your eyes if you get it in your eyes repetitively. I did not have any eye color changes. I loved this product and would use it again, if it became affordable and/or covered by insurance.

on 10/8/2014 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I purchased a generic bottle of this through a group order and the price was less than $20. It came sealed and with an expiration date. I applied it extremely sparingly every other night for a few weeks along my upper lash line. Unfortunately I couldn't keep using it. It caused extreme redness, peeling and irritation where I applied it. The skin around my eye began to turn red at the outer corner and my eyes were unbearably itchy.

It also caused a brown speck of pigmentation on my iris which has never gone away. I suspect this may be due to the presence of brown and amber melanin deposits that green-eyed people have to begin with.

I do have sensitive eyes; they are light green and even my optometrist mentioned to me that people with green eyes seem to have the most sensitive eyes out there. My friend who also has green eyes used Latisse purchased within Canada and ran into the same problem. I know this is just anecdotal but I would caution ANYONE WITH GREEN EYES PLEASE BE CAREFUL using this. Unfortunately the redness around my eyes took about three months to completely fade.

on 9/30/2014 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

After decades of looking for an HG mascara, I realized that even the best could only do so much with my extremely short lashes. Especially post-menopausally, they were also starting thin out. The Latisse helps keep lashes from falling out prematurely and though I've only been using it (religiously) for seven weeks, I am very pleased with the results. The other night I kept rinsing my eyes, trying to wash off the mascara when I realized they were my naked lashes, a third longer than they have ever been!

It works very slowly but it does work. Obtaining it was very easy. My friend referred me to her dermatologist. I filled out a medical history form and met with a nurse practitioner for half an hour, at no charge, if I bought the product from their office. It was $120 (discount of about $4 since the company gives the doctor a price break) for a teeny little bottle in a very big box. The NP recommended that I use my eyeliner brush, put one drop in the cap of the bottle and dip the brush. That is enough for both eyes and a run through my thinning eyebrows, too. The side effect of darkening of the iris, she said, only happens to people who use the product for glaucoma and actually put drops in their eyes. My eyes are dark brown anyway, so not an issue. The darkening of the lid line hasn't happened to me, but the NP said her patients who experience this like the eyeliner effect.

As I said, it's over packaged. It comes with brushes that waste the product and do not place a thin line. And it is pricey, but I've spent more than three times that much over time on mascaras that don't do much for me. I can't wait to see full results at 16 weeks and I plan to use this for the rest of my life. Side note: The NP said that after 12 to 16 weeks I can start using it every other day or so, making the cost that much less.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is available via prescription from a dermatologist. It is expensive, but it works....really well! The only reason I don't use this product anymore is because there is a side effect where it can turn blue or green eyes brown. To me, this is not worth the risk of losing my green eyes!

on 8/31/2014 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

About 3 years ago I began getting mink lash extensions and every 3-4 weeks, I got a refill. Eventually I stopped getting them to save money and notices that my lashes were really really sparse. Began wearing strips and didn't like them because I felt like they were pulling out more lashes. I didn't want bald spots yet couldn't live without lashes, so eventually I went to a different lash lady while taking hair and nail vitamins. After a few months of going to her, she got them to grow back. I guess her technique was safer which makes sense the same way some hairstylists are better with installing and removing hair extensions than others. Sadly my new lash lady relocated. At this point i was aware that going to another lash lady could damage my lashes so I was really sad. She recommended that I try latisse and another lady that is good with lashes... but I never made it to the new lady because Latisse grew my lashes out so much!

Initially, I noticed small hairs growing in and my lashes didn't feel so flimsy and thin. I actually felt some resistance when I touched them!

Weeks later, the lining of my lashes looked dark and I could see some length beginning to curl upward. Although it was thin, I was excited because it was only a matter of time before the hairs at the lining grew longer.

At this point, I'd began to use lengthening mascaras. I was pleased. Still didn't look as amazing as lash extensions, but worked!

Eventually my lashes were long enough that I didn't feel the need for lash extensions. Which is great since I practically relied on them for years. I didn't want to do any damage to my new lashes.

Whenever I want to glam up, I do use strips. I found a technique for applying and removing them that doesn't pull at any of my lashes. Honestly, I think the strength of my new lashes from the latisse help me properly apply lash strips now. Back when they were weak and flimsy, the glue seemed to get onto my natural lashes making it easy for me to accidentally pull them out. Now, I feel like the glue hardly gets on my lashes at all. I'm sure my new technique is a factor, but I wouldn't be surprised if some credit can fairly go to my results from using Latisse.

I will always keep this stuff.
I use it about 4x per week, for about 6 weeks. Then take time off and start over. I really want to use it daily for 12 weeks to see what results I get, but I am forgetful of this product.

I also use it on my brows. No miracles, the results take longer than the lashes, but the hairs do get longer and I am happier with my natural brows than I have ever been. If they actually made my brow hairs thicker then it would be a miracle. I do not use an extra drop for my brows. I just use whatever is left over from the lashes.

Note: I use the applicators that come with latisse. I just cut half of the bristles off of the applicator first. I've had my bottle forever. I think it expires this month. So you know I've had it for a long time! I've been using it for about a year maybe 18months...can't remember exactly.

Top Rated Lash Treatments