August 22, 2014 | 1124 users online

Lash Treatments - Latisse Lash Growth Drops

Approved Use: LATISSE® is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by crissyh0812

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a cosmetic critic and I study which product is good for skin type and so forth. When I came across Latisse, I just fell head over heels in love with the result of this product. However, price became an issue as a bottle last only 2 months. So I started googling a generic product. I found a few but Careprost is popularly used by everyone so I ordered and transitioned to the product in no time. That was 4 months ago, my lashes are still pretty amazing to this day. Didn't experience redness or irritation. I apply it every 2 days for maintenance. I get mine from crystalbeauty101, their customer service is very impressive, they get back to all my inquiries very quickly. They are located in u.s. which makes it easier to establish trust as far as using my credit card online. Plus I get my order within couple of days! Another thing, don't put the solution in the cap as it can contaminate the solution in the bottle. Apply a drop of Careprost directly to the brush and make sure you wash the brush before and after every use. Also, applying morning and evening doesn't expedite the results, so just apply it every night after washing the face and when it's free of any make up. I hope my review helps a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by CSEW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used Lumigan/Latisse for only 7 weeks and I'm actually stunned by the changes I've experienced. My lashes used to be medium/dark brown and now they're black. They used to be thin, that is I didn't have a thick lashline, but now they're much thicker. And using a magnifying mirror I can see more new lashes coming in. The difference in length is the most amazing part. My eyelashes are a good 75% longer! It used to be that without mascara they weren't that noticeable unless you were close to me. Now without mascara they are impossible NOT to notice, even from a distance. I've heard that it can take 16 weeks to see maximum growth. I really can't imagine what mine will look like in another 2 months if they continue growing at the rate they have been! I know not everyone will see the changes I've had in such a short time, but for me, this stuff is absolutely amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by shelbyfahey70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Latisse and then careprost for about 1 year now and couldn't be happier with the results. Over the years, I've purchased from various stores and it wasn't until last summer that I found my latest store and they were the only ones that actually knew how it is supposed to be applied. Before, I was putting drops into the cap of the bottle and dipping the brush there and applying. This is a huge mistake and I was basically asking for an infection. Just like latisse, you have to avoid having the tip of the bottle touch anything. The second you double dip, its basically contaminated, and once you put the cap back on, you could potentially contaminate the entire bottle. I learned all this from inquiring almost everyday from crystal beauty 101 located in U.S. who was patient enough to give me all the specifics. They included the same eyelid brush that I used to get from Latisse, not an eyeliner brush which requires more drops as it doesn't spread out easily on the eyelid. They also do free shipping, send me a message if you want to get the online supplier I use.

A bottle may last over 2 months but it loses its effectivity and can possibly be bad for the eyes. Once a bottle has been opened, it can't be used for such a long period of time as it may initiate infection.

Putting 3 or more coats of mascara can be a potential cause of fall out after cleaning your eyelashes. Gentle care is much needed to keep it from falling out. Wash it gently and one or two coats of mascara will do its magic.

In a nutshell, find a company who can communicate properly in regards to what they are selling to eliminate improper usage of the product which causes infection and contamination.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't ever want to be without this product. Takes the full 3 months to really see the effect but once your lashes have grown you will be amazed. For reference, I'm Asian with really short, thin, sparse eyelashes.

Pros:
-lashes are at least twice as long after using for 3 months

Cons:
-I am experiencing one noticeable but negligible side effect; I feel a bit more pressure around the lash line for about an hour after applying. It's slight and I'm not worried but did want to mention
-lashes almost IMMEDIATELY go back to normal if you stop using. I ran out and I'm pretty sure my lashes were completely back to their anemic self after 2 to 3 weeks

Like others, I use a really thin eyeliner brush (I have several but the one I like the very best is a disposable one that Nordstrom has), place one drop into the cap well and apply to both eyes. I find one drop is more than enough for both upper eyelids and some around the ends of my eyebrows.

Others have mentioned darkening around the eyes so I make sure to NOT close my eyes when applying and really apply it only to my upper lash line. You'll get some on your lower lashes just through blinking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

My Mother & I haved used Latisse off & on for the past few years. It absolutely works to lengthen, thicken & darken your lashes. The best advice I have is to toss those junky, rough brushes included in the package and use a small eyeliner brush. Be sure to thoroughly clean it after each use & you will save so much product & it will last much longer. Although Latisse is not FDA approved for brows, I have successfully used it to fill in a sparse area that I'd always had. There are a few bothersome effects of Latisse, but they are not bad enough to justify I stop using it. The eyelid area where the serum is applied does take on a sort of dark pinkish color. This gradually disappears when you stop using Latisse. I personally have these little white baby hairs that now grow in the corners of my eyes. They do irritate my eyes so I have to pluck them, yes it hurts like crap because you're not used to plucking there. Latisse says to not use the serum on the lower lashes, but don't worry ladies because the serum will work it's way to the lower lash when you close the eye. The lower lashes may actually get too long & need to be trimmed because they can irritate your eyes. The biggest side-effect my optologist warned me about was the possibility of iris darkening. My eyes are naturally this strange green/blue/gray with a yellow ring around the pupil. She said people like me (with eye colors on the cusp of others) are most succeptable to a color change. My eyes have not changed, I try my best not to get the serum in them but it happens sometimes. My eye doctor did say she has never had any of her patients experience a change in iris color. I wish Latisse wasn't so expensive, I've paid anywhere from $90 to $140 for a bottle. By switching to a small eyeliner brush I can get one bottle to last about 3 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by PurplePuppy

I've been using Latisse for almost 2 years. I am not going to repurchase it anymore. My lashes are quite a bit longer, but I actually feel like they are thinner and lighter! When I started using Latisse people would comment on my lashes because they were so dark and thick, but they were short! Now I don't get any comments on my lashes, like I said, they are long, but they are very light in color. I wanted Latisse so I could stop using mascara, but it didn't really work out perfectly for me. Plus, the side effects are getting annoying. At first the dryness and itching didn't bother me much. Well, the itching stopped mostly but the dryness persists! I also feel like there is more pressure on/in my eyeballs, it is a weird feeling and that is the true reason that I'm not going to continue with Latisse. Increased ocular pressure can be a side effect, I'm not sure if that's what I'm feeling, but it freaks me out way too much.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by underage

This is a review for LATISSE not the generic. I have been using it for a little longer than a month. There has been some growth but definitely not as much as I expected. I use it pretty consistently. There have been a few nights I forgot to use it but I don't know if it would even make a difference. I have blue eyes and there has been no change to my eye color. No darkening on the eyelid either. My eyes have been drier than usual but nothing too bad. I use an eyeliner brush to apply like most people mentioned. I wouldn't purchase this again. I will just wear false lashes when I go out because the effects are not that dramatic for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by vivapandora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so I've only been using Careprost (generic same as latisse) for 3.5 weeks, but lashes definitely got thicker and darker after about 2 weeks. Periodic itching first week or two, but it went away.
Can't tell if lashes are getting longer, but they look pretty good with mascara. I will update as I've used it longer.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by botticellia93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After only three uses, I developed the eyelid darkening that Allergan warns about. On me, this will not pass for eyeliner; rather, it looks like mottled purple bruising, complete with veins, covering an area just wider than the application site. Not a good look! It "may be reversible," we'll see. Meanwhile, I'll never use this again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Rie60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I order my careprost online @ $12.57 a bottle with free shipping- it takes a bit to get here (Im on day 6 of waiting and expect another 6 days until delivery) but for the amount I save, as long as I don't run out in the meantime I'll be good to go. I love it ( tried latisse before) but my eyelashes to go a little wonky in direction when they get very long. Then I just have to back off a bit!