September 19, 2014 | 1824 users online

Lash Treatments - Latisse Lash Growth Drops

Approved Use: LATISSE® is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by JoyConway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hi girls,
First let me say this is a VERY preliminary review. My first notes using this for 2.5 weeks.
No burning
No itching
No eye redness or dryness
No eyelid discoloration (yet)
No iris change (my eyes are brown)

My eyelashes have stopped falling out and previously WERE itchy but not any more. I had gaps in my lashline and lashes looked sparse and thin. Seem to be growing back in and lashline looks a bit more "solid".
Btw, Mention that you see this review and get a MASCARA gift from beautybylarkins.net (if you order careprost)

Definitely ditch the applicator brushes. They are thick, hard and unuseable AND they soak up all the solution. I keep a small Pyrex plate in the bathroom and use ONE drop dropped from a small distance (no contact contamination) and a very thin eyeliner brush that I redip into drop to apply to both eyes. There is still enough left on the plate to run an eyebrow brush through and do both brows. Obviously clean brushes and plate with antibacterial soap after and air dry. Do NOT use bottle cap to put drop in, you are dipping the brush into this after contact with your eyes and then putting cap back on bottle. Bacteria WILL migrate from cap to bottle contents.

I had tried RAPIDLASH previously and had RAPID results. I also had sharp stabbing headaches at the temples across from the eyes (I don't usually get headaches and these were stabbing), I also had my eyelashes break off and fall out after three weeks. It was scary bad. I began rubbing my Creme de la Mer into my lashes and brows at night after stopping the Rapidlash and wow, it worked miracles. Highly recommend this to anyone.

Also too, if you want gorgeous lashes you have to use a good, gentle, conditioning mascara. Elizabeth Arden Ceramide and Sisley are the best I've found. Christian Dior mascara made my lashes go bye bye.

I use every night. I have some lashes that are antenna long, but the growth is very irregular. Also too, my lashes were super thick at the beginning and now they seem to be getting extraordinarily thin. I have a few growing in weird directions, not so many that my mascara won't apply though. I have some redness in lower outer corners of eyes, but concealer takes care of that. I will continue to use nightly for another two months and see where it goes, but right now my lashes don't look great. Significantly thinner, perhaps just a phase. We'll see. I will report back.I also buy from beauty by larkins net and they are from Jeffersonville,Indiana and they delivered in two days.
*9/18/2014:WOWWWW! My lashes are so long my mom, who I hadn't seen in a few months asked if I was wearing falsies, and this was in the A.M. pre-makeup. You really do have to hang in there and go through the ups and downs to hit the 4 month magic mark. I have to look twice in the mirror in the a.m. I look so much younger, eyes bigger, less tired all due to my long THICK DARK lashes. Lashes are much thicker (individual hairs) more of them and long, long, long. I've even trimmed a few that were way ahead of the others. Well worth the money. Bottle lasted me 4 months using a thin eyeliner brush to apply. Lashes can go in dif. directions because I'm a side sleeper, the right eyelashes can very in because the hairs are so strong and coarse and get pressed into position when I sleep, but not a biggie, I just use a mascara brush that is the brush but with tiny comb like teeth to bring back into position.

Wish I could give it a thousand lippies!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by michellep426

I used Latisse in the past and it did increase my lashes! I seen a difference after a week and after a month it was noticeable. I discontinued it because it made my eyes SO dry and itchy and red. I love lashes... I think having good looking lashes is one of the most important things to your look. I came across Younique 3D Fiber lashes... and WOW. This stuff is amazing! It increases your lashes by 300% INSTANTLY not to mention it's completely affordable and as easy to use as putting on mascara. Where has this stuff been all my life? Go to www.youniqueproducts.com/michellehare to check it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by CarlaHaas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best product ever.Long lashes super fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by MeganRodewald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is available via prescription from a dermatologist. It is expensive, but it works....really well! The only reason I don't use this product anymore is because there is a side effect where it can turn blue or green eyes brown. To me, this is not worth the risk of losing my green eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by CocoaSkinChi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

About 3 years ago I began getting mink lash extensions and every 3-4 weeks, I got a refill. Eventually I stopped getting them to save money and notices that my lashes were really really sparse. Began wearing strips and didn't like them because I felt like they were pulling out more lashes. I didn't want bald spots yet couldn't live without lashes, so eventually I went to a different lash lady while taking hair and nail vitamins. After a few months of going to her, she got them to grow back. I guess her technique was safer which makes sense the same way some hairstylists are better with installing and removing hair extensions than others. Sadly my new lash lady relocated. At this point i was aware that going to another lash lady could damage my lashes so I was really sad. She recommended that I try latisse and another lady that is good with lashes... but I never made it to the new lady because Latisse grew my lashes out so much!

Initially, I noticed small hairs growing in and my lashes didn't feel so flimsy and thin. I actually felt some resistance when I touched them!

Weeks later, the lining of my lashes looked dark and I could see some length beginning to curl upward. Although it was thin, I was excited because it was only a matter of time before the hairs at the lining grew longer.

At this point, I'd began to use lengthening mascaras. I was pleased. Still didn't look as amazing as lash extensions, but worked!

Eventually my lashes were long enough that I didn't feel the need for lash extensions. Which is great since I practically relied on them for years. I didn't want to do any damage to my new lashes.

Whenever I want to glam up, I do use strips. I found a technique for applying and removing them that doesn't pull at any of my lashes. Honestly, I think the strength of my new lashes from the latisse help me properly apply lash strips now. Back when they were weak and flimsy, the glue seemed to get onto my natural lashes making it easy for me to accidentally pull them out. Now, I feel like the glue hardly gets on my lashes at all. I'm sure my new technique is a factor, but I wouldn't be surprised if some credit can fairly go to my results from using Latisse.

I will always keep this stuff.
I use it about 4x per week, for about 6 weeks. Then take time off and start over. I really want to use it daily for 12 weeks to see what results I get, but I am forgetful of this product.

I also use it on my brows. No miracles, the results take longer than the lashes, but the hairs do get longer and I am happier with my natural brows than I have ever been. If they actually made my brow hairs thicker then it would be a miracle. I do not use an extra drop for my brows. I just use whatever is left over from the lashes.

Note: I use the applicators that come with latisse. I just cut half of the bristles off of the applicator first. I've had my bottle forever. I think it expires this month. So you know I've had it for a long time! I've been using it for about a year maybe 18months...can't remember exactly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by shelbyfahey70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Latisse and then careprost for about 2 years now and couldn't be happier with the results. Over the years, I've purchased from various stores and it wasn't until last summer that I found my latest store and they were the only ones that actually knew how it is supposed to be applied. Before, I was putting drops into the cap of the bottle and dipping the brush there and applying. This is a huge mistake and I was basically asking for an infection. Just like latisse, you have to avoid having the tip of the bottle touch anything. The second you double dip, its basically contaminated, and once you put the cap back on, you could potentially contaminate the entire bottle. I learned all this from inquiring almost everyday from crystal beauty 101 who was patient enough to give me all the specifics. They included the same eyelid brush that I used to get from Latisse, not an eyeliner brush which requires more drops as it doesn't spread out easily on the eyelid.

A bottle may last over 2 months but it loses its effectivity and can possibly be bad for the eyes. Once a bottle has been opened, it can't be used for such a long period of time as it may initiate infection.

Putting 3 or more coats of mascara can be a potential cause of fall out after cleaning your eyelashes. Gentle care is much needed to keep it from falling out. Wash it gently and one or two coats of mascara will do its magic.

In a nutshell, find a company who can communicate properly in regards to what they are selling to eliminate improper usage of the product which causes infection and contamination.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by NataliaHouston2014

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I want thank you to MUA ...Before read here about latisse and careprost I had small lashes..and NOW Iove it.----Glad I bought the Generic LATISSE this time because I saved almost $100( I think careprost grow my lashes faster anyway)

I bought from beautybylarkins.NET
received in 2 days
--I BOUGHT FIVE bottles and I receive ONE FREE MASCARA.( 3D FIBER) plus I received in 2 days my products.

Usage: 1 drop in the well of the cap for each upper eyelash and both brows. Always washing both cap and brush after application.
WEEKS ONE & TWO: Nothing noticeable, a little dryness of the eye, a bit of redness and some eye gunk in the morning. A weird kind of itching – not exactly a scratchable itch, but like a random prickly feeling and if I rub, there’s a feeling as if the skin where I APPLY Careprost is being “stretched”. (Wishful Thinking: Isn’t itchiness a sign of HAIR GROWTH?)

WEEK 2-3: Wait a minute! Something is going on up there. I swear, maybe its hopeful imagination but it seems I have a little bit of lashes; they seem a bit longer, fuller and darker with some curl! Also, my brows seem to be filling in where I’ve enthusiastically plucked over time (or is it growth due to the fact that I’m NOT plucking?) hmmm. My eyes have been quite dry and bloodshot this week. That itchy/stretchy feeling is there when I lightly rub. There’s no indication of a brown, red or purple line where I apply – that’s a good thing!]

WEEK FIVE: I’ve started using an EYELASH CURLER, my lashes reach the top of the eyelash curler – don’t remember that happening before. They’re certainly not brushing against my SUNGLASSES nor do they reach my eyebrows, but wow – something is going on here! Can’t wait for that ‘promising’ week 8 that everyone seems to talk about. =) Itchy feeling seems to be subsiding.

WEEK SIX: LOL I have one single lash that is longer than all the others on my left eye. I’m definitely noticing the growth, darkness and curl and my eyebrows have filled in nicely. The itchiness and dryness has subsided and thankfully as of yet I don’t have that pigmentation line that has been reported. I finally broke down and put on some mascara. All I can say is “WOW”! It feels really good to have lashes - I’m so excited! [Five Week photo on profile]

WEEKS SEVEN THRU ELEVEN: Nothing dramatic these past few weeks. (at least I don't think so, but of course I see myself everyday LOL) They're still longer than they were when I began, but that "promising" Week 8 didn't seem to bring with it staggering results. I did notice, however, during Week 8 that my left eye lashes were kind of 'bunching' together in sections and pointing to the side; I had to manually seperated them. My right eye lashes don't keep curl despite my use of an eyelash curler and they seem shorter than the left; but they still look nice. Let's see what happens in the weeks to come.

13 WEEKS---I am now convinced that this product really works. If for some weird reason growth were to cease, I can at least attest to the fact that it did work. I hope that doesn't happen though! I recommend Careprost to any PATIENT person who desires longer lashes and is willing to put the time and effort into achieving them. I tried Latisse in the past; however, I couldn't afford to continue purchasing it after a couple of months in which I didn't see any growth at all. Another thing I noticed about Latisse is that during those two months of use, each bottle lasted EXACTLY 30 days...My first bottle of Careprost lasted exactly 11 weeks.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by crissyh0812

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a cosmetic critic and I study which product is good for skin type and so forth. When I came across Latisse, I just fell head over heels in love with the result of this product. However, price became an issue as a bottle last only 2 months. So I started googling a generic product. I found a few but Careprost is popularly used by everyone so I ordered and transitioned to the product in no time. That was 4 months ago, my lashes are still pretty amazing to this day. Didn't experience redness or irritation. I apply it every 2 days for maintenance. I get mine from crystalbeauty101, their customer service is very impressive, they get back to all my inquiries very quickly. They are located in u.s. which makes it easier to establish trust as far as using my credit card online. Plus I get my order within couple of days! Another thing, don't put the solution in the cap as it can contaminate the solution in the bottle. Apply a drop of Careprost directly to the brush and make sure you wash the brush before and after every use. Also, applying morning and evening doesn't expedite the results, so just apply it every night after washing the face and when it's free of any make up. I hope my review helps a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by CSEW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used Lumigan/Latisse for only 7 weeks and I'm actually stunned by the changes I've experienced. My lashes used to be medium/dark brown and now they're black. They used to be thin, that is I didn't have a thick lashline, but now they're much thicker. And using a magnifying mirror I can see more new lashes coming in. The difference in length is the most amazing part. My eyelashes are a good 75% longer! It used to be that without mascara they weren't that noticeable unless you were close to me. Now without mascara they are impossible NOT to notice, even from a distance. I've heard that it can take 16 weeks to see maximum growth. I really can't imagine what mine will look like in another 2 months if they continue growing at the rate they have been! I know not everyone will see the changes I've had in such a short time, but for me, this stuff is absolutely amazing!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't ever want to be without this product. Takes the full 3 months to really see the effect but once your lashes have grown you will be amazed. For reference, I'm Asian with really short, thin, sparse eyelashes.

Pros:
-lashes are at least twice as long after using for 3 months

Cons:
-I am experiencing one noticeable but negligible side effect; I feel a bit more pressure around the lash line for about an hour after applying. It's slight and I'm not worried but did want to mention
-lashes almost IMMEDIATELY go back to normal if you stop using. I ran out and I'm pretty sure my lashes were completely back to their anemic self after 2 to 3 weeks

Like others, I use a really thin eyeliner brush (I have several but the one I like the very best is a disposable one that Nordstrom has), place one drop into the cap well and apply to both eyes. I find one drop is more than enough for both upper eyelids and some around the ends of my eyebrows.

Others have mentioned darkening around the eyes so I make sure to NOT close my eyes when applying and really apply it only to my upper lash line. You'll get some on your lower lashes just through blinking.