August 30, 2014 | 1839 users online

Lash Treatments - Latisse Lash Growth Drops

Approved Use: LATISSE® is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by kathyMcDonald

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I want longer lashes. I have very thin lashes and would like thicker and longer lashes. I have gotten false lashes in the past which pulled out my real lashes and left them almost bald. So, I ordered 3 bottles of Idolash and it help up to this point.

Based on the pics posted, I realized that Idolash is not going to get me the results I want. So, I started researching for Latisse alternatives because I can't afford the real deal and ran across a few forums on Careprost as being the perfect Latisse alternative. I ordered 3 bottles of Careprost(received 1 free Fiber mascara) and OMG my lashes LOOK FANTASTIC! I bought from beautybylarkins.Net and they delivered in 2 days. LOVE IT....4 WEEKS NOW AND EVERYONE FROM MY WORK(spa) has been asking if I did extensions...THANK CAREPROST and beautybylarkins.net ....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by shelbyfahey70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Latisse and then careprost for about 2 years now and couldn't be happier with the results. Over the years, I've purchased from various stores and it wasn't until last summer that I found my latest store and they were the only ones that actually knew how it is supposed to be applied. Before, I was putting drops into the cap of the bottle and dipping the brush there and applying. This is a huge mistake and I was basically asking for an infection. Just like latisse, you have to avoid having the tip of the bottle touch anything. The second you double dip, its basically contaminated, and once you put the cap back on, you could potentially contaminate the entire bottle. I learned all this from inquiring almost everyday from crystal beauty 101 who was patient enough to give me all the specifics. They included the same eyelid brush that I used to get from Latisse, not an eyeliner brush which requires more drops as it doesn't spread out easily on the eyelid.

A bottle may last over 2 months but it loses its effectivity and can possibly be bad for the eyes. Once a bottle has been opened, it can't be used for such a long period of time as it may initiate infection.

Putting 3 or more coats of mascara can be a potential cause of fall out after cleaning your eyelashes. Gentle care is much needed to keep it from falling out. Wash it gently and one or two coats of mascara will do its magic.

In a nutshell, find a company who can communicate properly in regards to what they are selling to eliminate improper usage of the product which causes infection and contamination.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by NataliaHouston2014

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I want thank you to MUA ...Before read here about latisse and careprost I had small lashes..and NOW Iove it.----Glad I bought the Generic LATISSE this time because I saved almost $100( I think careprost grow my lashes faster anyway)

I bought from beautybylarkins.NET
received in 2 days
--I BOUGHT FIVE bottles and I receive ONE FREE MASCARA.( 3D FIBER) plus I received in 2 days my products.

Usage: 1 drop in the well of the cap for each upper eyelash and both brows. Always washing both cap and brush after application.
WEEKS ONE & TWO: Nothing noticeable, a little dryness of the eye, a bit of redness and some eye gunk in the morning. A weird kind of itching – not exactly a scratchable itch, but like a random prickly feeling and if I rub, there’s a feeling as if the skin where I APPLY Careprost is being “stretched”. (Wishful Thinking: Isn’t itchiness a sign of HAIR GROWTH?)

WEEK 2-3: Wait a minute! Something is going on up there. I swear, maybe its hopeful imagination but it seems I have a little bit of lashes; they seem a bit longer, fuller and darker with some curl! Also, my brows seem to be filling in where I’ve enthusiastically plucked over time (or is it growth due to the fact that I’m NOT plucking?) hmmm. My eyes have been quite dry and bloodshot this week. That itchy/stretchy feeling is there when I lightly rub. There’s no indication of a brown, red or purple line where I apply – that’s a good thing!]

WEEK FIVE: I’ve started using an EYELASH CURLER, my lashes reach the top of the eyelash curler – don’t remember that happening before. They’re certainly not brushing against my SUNGLASSES nor do they reach my eyebrows, but wow – something is going on here! Can’t wait for that ‘promising’ week 8 that everyone seems to talk about. =) Itchy feeling seems to be subsiding.

WEEK SIX: LOL I have one single lash that is longer than all the others on my left eye. I’m definitely noticing the growth, darkness and curl and my eyebrows have filled in nicely. The itchiness and dryness has subsided and thankfully as of yet I don’t have that pigmentation line that has been reported. I finally broke down and put on some mascara. All I can say is “WOW”! It feels really good to have lashes - I’m so excited! [Five Week photo on profile]

WEEKS SEVEN THRU ELEVEN: Nothing dramatic these past few weeks. (at least I don't think so, but of course I see myself everyday LOL) They're still longer than they were when I began, but that "promising" Week 8 didn't seem to bring with it staggering results. I did notice, however, during Week 8 that my left eye lashes were kind of 'bunching' together in sections and pointing to the side; I had to manually seperated them. My right eye lashes don't keep curl despite my use of an eyelash curler and they seem shorter than the left; but they still look nice. Let's see what happens in the weeks to come.

13 WEEKS---I am now convinced that this product really works. If for some weird reason growth were to cease, I can at least attest to the fact that it did work. I hope that doesn't happen though! I recommend Careprost to any PATIENT person who desires longer lashes and is willing to put the time and effort into achieving them. I tried Latisse in the past; however, I couldn't afford to continue purchasing it after a couple of months in which I didn't see any growth at all. Another thing I noticed about Latisse is that during those two months of use, each bottle lasted EXACTLY 30 days...My first bottle of Careprost lasted exactly 11 weeks.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by crissyh0812

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a cosmetic critic and I study which product is good for skin type and so forth. When I came across Latisse, I just fell head over heels in love with the result of this product. However, price became an issue as a bottle last only 2 months. So I started googling a generic product. I found a few but Careprost is popularly used by everyone so I ordered and transitioned to the product in no time. That was 4 months ago, my lashes are still pretty amazing to this day. Didn't experience redness or irritation. I apply it every 2 days for maintenance. I get mine from crystalbeauty101, their customer service is very impressive, they get back to all my inquiries very quickly. They are located in u.s. which makes it easier to establish trust as far as using my credit card online. Plus I get my order within couple of days! Another thing, don't put the solution in the cap as it can contaminate the solution in the bottle. Apply a drop of Careprost directly to the brush and make sure you wash the brush before and after every use. Also, applying morning and evening doesn't expedite the results, so just apply it every night after washing the face and when it's free of any make up. I hope my review helps a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by CSEW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used Lumigan/Latisse for only 7 weeks and I'm actually stunned by the changes I've experienced. My lashes used to be medium/dark brown and now they're black. They used to be thin, that is I didn't have a thick lashline, but now they're much thicker. And using a magnifying mirror I can see more new lashes coming in. The difference in length is the most amazing part. My eyelashes are a good 75% longer! It used to be that without mascara they weren't that noticeable unless you were close to me. Now without mascara they are impossible NOT to notice, even from a distance. I've heard that it can take 16 weeks to see maximum growth. I really can't imagine what mine will look like in another 2 months if they continue growing at the rate they have been! I know not everyone will see the changes I've had in such a short time, but for me, this stuff is absolutely amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't ever want to be without this product. Takes the full 3 months to really see the effect but once your lashes have grown you will be amazed. For reference, I'm Asian with really short, thin, sparse eyelashes.

Pros:
-lashes are at least twice as long after using for 3 months

Cons:
-I am experiencing one noticeable but negligible side effect; I feel a bit more pressure around the lash line for about an hour after applying. It's slight and I'm not worried but did want to mention
-lashes almost IMMEDIATELY go back to normal if you stop using. I ran out and I'm pretty sure my lashes were completely back to their anemic self after 2 to 3 weeks

Like others, I use a really thin eyeliner brush (I have several but the one I like the very best is a disposable one that Nordstrom has), place one drop into the cap well and apply to both eyes. I find one drop is more than enough for both upper eyelids and some around the ends of my eyebrows.

Others have mentioned darkening around the eyes so I make sure to NOT close my eyes when applying and really apply it only to my upper lash line. You'll get some on your lower lashes just through blinking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

My Mother & I haved used Latisse off & on for the past few years. It absolutely works to lengthen, thicken & darken your lashes. The best advice I have is to toss those junky, rough brushes included in the package and use a small eyeliner brush. Be sure to thoroughly clean it after each use & you will save so much product & it will last much longer. Although Latisse is not FDA approved for brows, I have successfully used it to fill in a sparse area that I'd always had. There are a few bothersome effects of Latisse, but they are not bad enough to justify I stop using it. The eyelid area where the serum is applied does take on a sort of dark pinkish color. This gradually disappears when you stop using Latisse. I personally have these little white baby hairs that now grow in the corners of my eyes. They do irritate my eyes so I have to pluck them, yes it hurts like crap because you're not used to plucking there. Latisse says to not use the serum on the lower lashes, but don't worry ladies because the serum will work it's way to the lower lash when you close the eye. The lower lashes may actually get too long & need to be trimmed because they can irritate your eyes. The biggest side-effect my optologist warned me about was the possibility of iris darkening. My eyes are naturally this strange green/blue/gray with a yellow ring around the pupil. She said people like me (with eye colors on the cusp of others) are most succeptable to a color change. My eyes have not changed, I try my best not to get the serum in them but it happens sometimes. My eye doctor did say she has never had any of her patients experience a change in iris color. I wish Latisse wasn't so expensive, I've paid anywhere from $90 to $140 for a bottle. By switching to a small eyeliner brush I can get one bottle to last about 3 months.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by PurplePuppy

I've been using Latisse for almost 2 years. I am not going to repurchase it anymore. My lashes are quite a bit longer, but I actually feel like they are thinner and lighter! When I started using Latisse people would comment on my lashes because they were so dark and thick, but they were short! Now I don't get any comments on my lashes, like I said, they are long, but they are very light in color. I wanted Latisse so I could stop using mascara, but it didn't really work out perfectly for me. Plus, the side effects are getting annoying. At first the dryness and itching didn't bother me much. Well, the itching stopped mostly but the dryness persists! I also feel like there is more pressure on/in my eyeballs, it is a weird feeling and that is the true reason that I'm not going to continue with Latisse. Increased ocular pressure can be a side effect, I'm not sure if that's what I'm feeling, but it freaks me out way too much.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by underage

This is a review for LATISSE not the generic. I have been using it for a little longer than a month. There has been some growth but definitely not as much as I expected. I use it pretty consistently. There have been a few nights I forgot to use it but I don't know if it would even make a difference. I have blue eyes and there has been no change to my eye color. No darkening on the eyelid either. My eyes have been drier than usual but nothing too bad. I use an eyeliner brush to apply like most people mentioned. I wouldn't purchase this again. I will just wear false lashes when I go out because the effects are not that dramatic for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by vivapandora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so I've only been using Careprost (generic same as latisse) for 3.5 weeks, but lashes definitely got thicker and darker after about 2 weeks. Periodic itching first week or two, but it went away.
Can't tell if lashes are getting longer, but they look pretty good with mascara. I will update as I've used it longer.