MAC Lustre Lipstick in Plumful

4.4

on 8/17/2015 4:33:00 PM

Love this. It lives in my purse. I have very fair skin and this is a nice plummy color that is very easy to wear.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

A great sort of bold but not too out there color! I wear it with simple eyes and it makes my lips really pop without being outrageous. I love the color, the moisture, the finish...it just needs pretty frequent reapplying. I will definitely purchase this again. Never thought I'd love a purple color!

on 5/3/2015 11:50:00 AM

The color is great but it's gone in two seconds. I far prefer Captive for its low maintenance. Plumful isn't bad but it reminds me of burts bees tinted lip balm- just more pricey. If I understood MAC's return policy, this might be the first one I'd take back. Perhaps I had wrong expectations for lustre lipsticks but this was just a letdown. Great color but constant reapplication required- not for me!

on 2/9/2015 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a beautiful lipstick. The color is a medium pinkened plum that has medium to semi-opaque coverage. The formula is moisturizing, creamy, smooth, and feels so nice on the lips. It isn't very long lasting on the lips (only about 3.5 hours with eating and drinking) but this type of formula isn't meant to be long lasting so that doesn't upset me. I love to wear this look monochromatically with this lipstick, NARS Sin blush on the cheeks and subtly in the crease of the eye, black liquid eyeliner, tons of black mascara, and a flawless base. I recommend this lipstick highly.

on 1/28/2015 10:01:00 AM

I was trying on a bunch of lipsticks at Mac and saw immediately that Plumful made me look more healthy, vibrant and alive than any of the other ones I had tried. Do not be fooled by how it looks in the tube (a deep plummy purple)--it actually looks magenta on the lips and is a ton more pink/neon than I expected. Which I like SOMETIMES but sometimes is too magenta. However, it does make your lips pop and your face look more awake.Great for winter too as it gives that wine-stained look.

on 1/11/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my go-to lipstick. It is just sheer enough to be enjoyed year-round and the colour is SO beautiful! It is such a versatile plum that looks so nice with neutral eyes, making it extremely wearable on any day. It's an opaque toned-down purple in the tube but applies on the lips more of a mauvy plum. It fades gracefully - the shine wears off in about 2 hours for me but the colour hangs around for longer (becomes mauve pink on my lips) before I have to reapply after eating/drinking as you would expect from a lustre finish. Absolutely will repurchase.

on 1/4/2015 6:44:00 AM

Love this - a gorgeous texture and creamy finish
Comfortable to wear on the lips and a pretty shade that suits day or night.
Colour can build into a deeper shade but it also looks lovely as a sheer and 'barely there' tint.
Lasts well and still looks good as it fades.

on 10/25/2014 6:22:00 PM

I bought this lipstick to attend a really formal event and it complimented my makeup and outfit so nicely and it's also turned into my everyday lipstick. I love how versatile it is and is a lovely transition colour from day to night.

on 10/2/2014 10:45:00 AM

Lovely colour, this colour makes me feel quite sophisticated and it umps a basic plain outfit. Bought this on essiebutton's suggestion (on youtube) and I do not regret it.

on 8/7/2014 10:39:00 AM

The only lipstick I ever seem to wear

Recommended for Medium Skin