November 29, 2014 | 1001 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre Lipstick in Plumful

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Svm23

I bought this lipstick to attend a really formal event and it complimented my makeup and outfit so nicely and it's also turned into my everyday lipstick. I love how versatile it is and is a lovely transition colour from day to night.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Marbon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lovely colour, this colour makes me feel quite sophisticated and it umps a basic plain outfit. Bought this on essiebutton's suggestion (on youtube) and I do not regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by moonbruja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only lipstick I ever seem to wear

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by fassbender

I absolutely love this lipstick. It looks good day and night. It does rub off and fade faster than normal lipsticks, but I don't mind reapplying. It isn't drying so even if your lips aren't exfoliated,

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by harmony7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first Lustre lipstick and I was skeptical that these were just glorified lipgloss, but I was wrong. I wanted a plum shade that is wearable and so I decided to buy this color.

This lipstick applies like butter and has a soft sheen to it that I dont find too shiny. It also doesn't dry my lips out and I find it moisturizing. The color lasted a few hours on me and the shade wore away evenly.

Now onto the shade itself. On my two-toned pigmented lips, it takes a few swipes to get the full shade evenly. On my lips, this color appears less plum and more of a light, pretty plum-pink shade with a hint of lavender. I actually like this because I don't have to buy a separate lavender shade.

This color is best for when I want some color, but I don't want to put too much thought into it. It can also complement heavier eye makeup. Since this color is sheer, it will look different on different people depending on lip coloring, complexion, etc. So in a way, this shade will custom fit to your coloring(lips, skin).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by 1017

The picture of the lips above is pretty much what it looks like on me. It reminds me a lot of Revlon's Sassy Mauve. It is a very pretty pink berry plum shade with emphasis on the pink / berry part and a plummy undertone. It is very pretty. On my NW20 (deep soft winter) skin, almost black hair, brown eyes, mauvey lips this looks very nice and polished. It is neutral enough to go all year round though. The only reason I didn't give this a full 5 lippies is that it just didn't make me go "oh yeah" when I put it on. I just thought, "pretty", average lipstick on me.

I also have Craving, Sweetie and Capricious which I see lumped in with Plumful a lot. Craving is like Plumful's sexier older sister (similar in color, but just has more body and oomph to it). Plumful is a lighter, juicier version of Craving. Both could easily be worn all year, but I prefer Plumful in the spring and summer and Craving in the fall & winter. Capricious is a berry red shade, that works great with my deep soft winter complexion. Sweetie is uber neutral on me, it is an all year round "safe" lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by cmlaporte

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Went to my usual M. A. C. counter looking for the perfect everyday, wear with anything and not have to think about it, work appropriate lipstick. The SA suggested this formula and shade. I was skeptical, at first, but once I applied and saw the effect I was a believer! I think this lipstick shade is most stunning on fair skins with neutral to cool undertones and dark eyes, whether brown or blue. I have very pigmented mauve toned lips, so I am unable to wear most nude shades without looking like an extra for the Walking Dead! This is my kind of neutral and I feel can be worn year round. The Lustre formula is very comfortable on the lips and seems to wear off evenly and not get cakey and gross. My new HG, for the moment.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by etc85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the perfect shade for us pale ladies wanting to achieve the 'english rose' look. This lipstick glides on and keeps lips moist, and gives that 'I've just been walking through a winter forest' type flush on the lips. Beautiful especially for winter and autumn but I wear this baby all year round.
This has good colour payoff and around 2 hr staying power on me. Re-application isn't really a problem as it is easy and no need for mirror.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: nc30-35, warm, yellow, oily

Right now I'm about an nc30

This color is gorgeous!!! On me, it's a rosy medium pink that sometimes looks purple/mauvey in certain lights. Finish is a luster, so this lipstick goes on pretty sheer yet it still is beautiful.

It's the perfect girly, everyday pink lipstick for my skin tone. Moisturizing and doesn't Accenture my lip cracks. Definitely would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh my goodness, I've fallen in love with this colour and the lustre formula. I've initally heard about this specific colour through Essiebutton and she raved about this lipstick. Being naturally curious and since I've never tried a Mac lipstick before (despite the hype it gets from everyone), I finally caved in and shelled out $19.

I do not regret one single penny spent on this lipstick. The colour is just amazing! It's a medium plum/berry shade and I think it would be one of those universally flattering colours. I especially like the lustre formula as you can control the pigmentation whether it be more semi-sheer or full on colour. I found that with the lustres (I have since purchased many other shades in different formulas), it's very comfortable to the point that it feels like there's nothing on the lips. It doesn't dry my lips out and it also doesn't accentuate my dry, flaky patches which is rare with most lipsticks. The only downside I would say is the staying power. I do get a good 4-5 hours of wearing this but I don't mind reapplying. If you are looking for a longer wearing formula, I would go for the cremesheens & mattes. All in all, I absolutely LOVE this colour and I would wear it all season long even though it's more of a fall colour.