September 19, 2014 | 1606 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF20

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by libertine1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation. It was my first highend-beauty-buy and so greatful it worked out that way. It gives a nice natural but flawless looking finish and feels lightweight on the skin. Medium coverage but buildable. It lasts all day and does not create lines in your face. I wear Nr. 2 and I have very fair skin. I won't say that the colour match is perfect for all those very very fair skinned girls (I am looking at you gingers ;) because it has a light yellow tone to it.
If you like the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, this is almost the same thing with a slightly more liquid texture and spf, therefore not for photoshoots but everyday great wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by shamelessme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, I didn't want to like this foundation. It's incredibly overpriced and will set you back $92 AUD for one bottle (the cheapest I've managed to find it is for $71 AUD on strawberrynet). But I just can't help it, this foundation is hands down the best foundation I've ever used.

It's winter at the minute and I am incredibly pale and have yellow undertones, so finding foundations that suit me right now is an almost impossible task. However, this foundation in shade 2 is absolutely perfect. It doesn't have incredibly strong yellow undertones, however it does not wash you out and make you look like a corpse, which I've found can happen with paler foundations. Unfortunately, this foundation would not be ideal for women of colour as there is a very limited range of darker shades. In place of this foundation for women of colour, I would recommend Luminous Silk Foundation, which has about double the number of shades and a far greater range of darker shades.

On to the foundation itself, it is just wonderful. It has a luminous matte finish, which means that it imitates the skin perfectly while giving the appearance of a healthy glow. It genuinely looks like skin (but better). The texture is quite runny and watery, which I love in a foundation because in my experience it guarantees a smooth application and a more natural finish. This foundation lasts for about 7 hours on me, which is basically almost one full work day. Even then, it only slightly breaks up around my nose, which happens with basically every foundation on me.

I'd say this foundation has a light coverage that can be built up to a medium coverage. Recently, I developed psoriasis on my face. This foundation, while it did not fully cover all of the redness, glided over the psoriasis and did not cake up over any dry skin. It also didn't worsen my skin, which was a massive bonus! Around my T-zone, I do tend to get quite oily during the day, but this foundation does not slip and slide, nor does it break down easily, nor transfer when you touch your face.

I apply this foundation with my Hourglass 2 brush (foundation/blush brush), which really buffs it into the skin, making the foundation look natural and flawless. I've also applied this foundation with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and a Beauty Blender, which both applied this foundation beautifully. I'd recommend using a foundation brush that can really buff the foundation into your skin just in order to get the best results from the foundation.

To sum it up, this foundation is incredible. It looks so natural and luminous, a true your-skin-but-better foundation. It lasts for quite a long time, though not as long as it claims to, in my experience. A truly gorgeous foundation, but at quite an unreasonable price. If you are looking for a nice product to slurge on, I'd recommend this foundation 100%. If this foundation wasn't as perfect as it is, I wouldn't have even dreamed of purchasing. However, I am really sold on it, so I will continue to re-purchase it and just pray that it comes down in price!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by dorechip

pretty good for oily skin

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Totski

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I liked this foundation - long lasting, mildly transfer-resistant, held off shine around the nose for about four hours, just the right finish of matte-but-not-flat. Pricier end of the spectrum, nice acrylic bottle that doesn't weigh too much (Guerlain), dispenses just the right amount, I liked the smell, blends well with either beauty blender or flat-topped kabuki brush. It did not sit on my pores making beige spots around my nose.

For my yellow-toned complexion, 5.5 was the right shade but the tone was too pink. 4.5 is yellow but too light, 6.0 is too dark. I tried 5.0 but it was still pink. I really liked this foundation, it's a shame I couldn't find a match.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by cosmelim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, what i don't like about this is shade. I mischose the shade. Yes it's ok cause it is my fault. HOWEVER, why is the name of this foundation lasting silk? It's lasting power is so so bad. I was in panic after I saw mirror in 3hours. I don't recommend people who have oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by thatasianchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I broke out at the end of the day after using it for the first time. Then, I went back to my Chanel Perfection Lumiere for a week and decided to give this a try again. Results: this time I got two cystic acne. Darn! One lippie for the matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just tried this today for the first time, and OMG I adore it! I am NC30 in MAC and got the shade 5.75 which is a warm-toned light to medium shade. The consistency is runny because it is a liquid, but it applies very easily and blends well. Better to stipple it all over before you start buffing it, or you could apply it with a damp sponge. The coverage is medium with two pumps but it covers almost everything and still looks like skin, I mean EXACTLY LIKE SKIN. Very lightweight, very natural, and dries to a semi-matte finish that when you touch your face right after applying it, you won't feel that it exists, feels like your skin. Although this is matte, it is not cakey and does not emphasize dryness or pores which I sometimes suffer from with matte foundations.

Suitable for all skin types, I think. Dry skin might need moisturiser under it.

Does not photograph well using flash because of SPF 20, but is a great foundation for the day because it is undetectable under natural day light.

Could be compared to L'oreal True Match in finish, but this one feels lighter on the skin and does not have any tackiness and remains matte for a good time (I mean skin in general gets oily throughout the day whether with foundation or not, this does not have oil control, but, at least, it does not add any extra oiliness to your skin, so if you are very oily, you will get oily no matter what, but if you are normal you will stay normal)

A great buy! (see photo)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Clara1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic foundation. It gives a smoothing matte finish, covers well but still leaves skin looking very clean and natural. It's a great, natural looking colour. I find this to be very long lasting on my young combination skin, which is quite rare. The only flaw I can find is the SPF as i prefer a foundation not to flash back, but it's not enough to stop me giving it 5 stars.. an excellent foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by DomaXo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

Great foundation. It feels light on the skin, gives very good coverage, not a full though. When I apply it, my skin looks super smooth. Very blendable foundation. It didn't break me out and I love the colour which is 4.5 (I am NC 15-20 in MAC). It lasts quite a long time on my oily skin, maybe not as long as my EL double wear but it lasts 8-9 hours for sure. It doesn't look cakey but natural and I love it. I know its expensive but this is a very good foundation.
It really feels like silk on the face. Very impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

Out of all the GA foundations I've tried this came the closest to fitting the bill as it had a nice matt finish. Unfortunately it settled a little into lines and was too pale (they didn't go above #7).