October 2, 2014 | 1727 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF20

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by celticcavegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my HG foundation. I have very pale ivory skin with a slight creamy-yellow tone and it is very hard to get foundations in this shade - if they're light enough they are usually too pink, and many are either too yellow or too dark (eg. the ones in MUF and Smashbox lines)

I have this in shade 2 and it is a perfect match - a very pale porcelain. Shade 4 is slightly darker, but has the same creamy undertone. Definitely worth a look if you have really pale skin paired with brown, green or hazel eyes

I have dry skin and this foundation works well for me and does not sit too badly on my dry patches The coverage is light-medium but very natural looking and not cakey, it has a satin-matt finish. It is quite liquid but dries pretty fast so you have to work quickly when applying If you have major blemishes it will probably be a bit too light.

Packaging is elegant and the pump dispenses the correct amount. It is hard to get the last bit of product out of the bottom, I had to scoop it out with a spatula

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 4:09:00 AM More reviews by monlim

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'd been lemming this forever and when I had a discount coupon for Strawberry cosmetics, I bit the bullet and ordered this sight unseen. I pored over reviews and shade recs and ordered 5.5.

Often when something is raved to death, I'm inevitably disappointed (like GA's master corrector - didn't do squat). But I'm very happy to say that this one lived up to all its hype. First,the shade 5.5 is close to a perfect match for my NC25 skin. Not too yellow, not too orange, not too light, not too dark. Just perfect.

Second, the texture is wonderful (watery and lightweight) and the finish is as promised - satin smooth and gave my skin a soft focus effect. It looked like my skin but better, doesn't look like I have any makeup on.

However, while this foundation deserves its 5-lippie rating, if I'm being perfectly honest, I don't think it performs any better than my Kanebo Kate Powderless Liquid for Cover (which is my HG foundation after trying a gazillion, both high end and low end). As a test, I used Lasting Silk on one side of my face and Kanebo Kate on the other. Both shades matched me perfectly. I asked my family members, nobody could tell the difference between the two.

An hour later, the side with the Lasting Silk felt slightly sticky (I live in a humid climate), oxidised a wee bit and there was a little shine. The side with Kanebo Kate felt powdery and still looked satin smooth. In other words, while the Lasting Silk is great, if I'm being picky, it's still being outperformed by a foundation that costs less than half the price.

I don't regret my purchase because as I've said, Lasting Silk is pretty spectacular and there's something lovely and luxurious about the bottle sitting on my dresser. (In fact, I think the desirability of the brand probably adds to its high ratings). But if you're more practical than I am and wanna save a few bucks, try Kanebo Kate's Powderless Liquid for Cover. The shade OC-C matches my NC25 complexion perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by libertine1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation. It was my first highend-beauty-buy and so greatful it worked out that way. It gives a nice natural but flawless looking finish and feels lightweight on the skin. Medium coverage but buildable. It lasts all day and does not create lines in your face. I wear Nr. 2 and I have very fair skin. I won't say that the colour match is perfect for all those very very fair skinned girls (I am looking at you gingers ;) because it has a light yellow tone to it.
If you like the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, this is almost the same thing with a slightly more liquid texture and spf, therefore not for photoshoots but everyday great wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by shamelessme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, I didn't want to like this foundation. It's incredibly overpriced and will set you back $92 AUD for one bottle (the cheapest I've managed to find it is for $71 AUD on strawberrynet). But I just can't help it, this foundation is hands down the best foundation I've ever used.

It's winter at the minute and I am incredibly pale and have yellow undertones, so finding foundations that suit me right now is an almost impossible task. However, this foundation in shade 2 is absolutely perfect. It doesn't have incredibly strong yellow undertones, however it does not wash you out and make you look like a corpse, which I've found can happen with paler foundations. Unfortunately, this foundation would not be ideal for women of colour as there is a very limited range of darker shades. In place of this foundation for women of colour, I would recommend Luminous Silk Foundation, which has about double the number of shades and a far greater range of darker shades.

On to the foundation itself, it is just wonderful. It has a luminous matte finish, which means that it imitates the skin perfectly while giving the appearance of a healthy glow. It genuinely looks like skin (but better). The texture is quite runny and watery, which I love in a foundation because in my experience it guarantees a smooth application and a more natural finish. This foundation lasts for about 7 hours on me, which is basically almost one full work day. Even then, it only slightly breaks up around my nose, which happens with basically every foundation on me.

I'd say this foundation has a light coverage that can be built up to a medium coverage. Recently, I developed psoriasis on my face. This foundation, while it did not fully cover all of the redness, glided over the psoriasis and did not cake up over any dry skin. It also didn't worsen my skin, which was a massive bonus! Around my T-zone, I do tend to get quite oily during the day, but this foundation does not slip and slide, nor does it break down easily, nor transfer when you touch your face.

I apply this foundation with my Hourglass 2 brush (foundation/blush brush), which really buffs it into the skin, making the foundation look natural and flawless. I've also applied this foundation with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and a Beauty Blender, which both applied this foundation beautifully. I'd recommend using a foundation brush that can really buff the foundation into your skin just in order to get the best results from the foundation.

To sum it up, this foundation is incredible. It looks so natural and luminous, a true your-skin-but-better foundation. It lasts for quite a long time, though not as long as it claims to, in my experience. A truly gorgeous foundation, but at quite an unreasonable price. If you are looking for a nice product to slurge on, I'd recommend this foundation 100%. If this foundation wasn't as perfect as it is, I wouldn't have even dreamed of purchasing. However, I am really sold on it, so I will continue to re-purchase it and just pray that it comes down in price!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by dorechip

pretty good for oily skin

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Totski

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I liked this foundation - long lasting, mildly transfer-resistant, held off shine around the nose for about four hours, just the right finish of matte-but-not-flat. Pricier end of the spectrum, nice acrylic bottle that doesn't weigh too much (Guerlain), dispenses just the right amount, I liked the smell, blends well with either beauty blender or flat-topped kabuki brush. It did not sit on my pores making beige spots around my nose.

For my yellow-toned complexion, 5.5 was the right shade but the tone was too pink. 4.5 is yellow but too light, 6.0 is too dark. I tried 5.0 but it was still pink. I really liked this foundation, it's a shame I couldn't find a match.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by cosmelim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, what i don't like about this is shade. I mischose the shade. Yes it's ok cause it is my fault. HOWEVER, why is the name of this foundation lasting silk? It's lasting power is so so bad. I was in panic after I saw mirror in 3hours. I don't recommend people who have oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by thatasianchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I broke out at the end of the day after using it for the first time. Then, I went back to my Chanel Perfection Lumiere for a week and decided to give this a try again. Results: this time I got two cystic acne. Darn! One lippie for the matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just tried this today for the first time, and OMG I adore it! I am NC30 in MAC and got the shade 5.75 which is a warm-toned light to medium shade. The consistency is runny because it is a liquid, but it applies very easily and blends well. Better to stipple it all over before you start buffing it, or you could apply it with a damp sponge. The coverage is medium with two pumps but it covers almost everything and still looks like skin, I mean EXACTLY LIKE SKIN. Very lightweight, very natural, and dries to a semi-matte finish that when you touch your face right after applying it, you won't feel that it exists, feels like your skin. Although this is matte, it is not cakey and does not emphasize dryness or pores which I sometimes suffer from with matte foundations.

Suitable for all skin types, I think. Dry skin might need moisturiser under it.

Does not photograph well using flash because of SPF 20, but is a great foundation for the day because it is undetectable under natural day light.

Could be compared to L'oreal True Match in finish, but this one feels lighter on the skin and does not have any tackiness and remains matte for a good time (I mean skin in general gets oily throughout the day whether with foundation or not, this does not have oil control, but, at least, it does not add any extra oiliness to your skin, so if you are very oily, you will get oily no matter what, but if you are normal you will stay normal)

A great buy! (see photo)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Clara1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic foundation. It gives a smoothing matte finish, covers well but still leaves skin looking very clean and natural. It's a great, natural looking colour. I find this to be very long lasting on my young combination skin, which is quite rare. The only flaw I can find is the SPF as i prefer a foundation not to flash back, but it's not enough to stop me giving it 5 stars.. an excellent foundation.