Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF20

INGREDIENTS: AQUA/WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ALCOHOL DENAT, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, SQUALANE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TALC, NYLON-12, MALTITOL, LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, SORBITOL BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [MAY CONTAIN: CI 77891, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491, IRON OXIDES]

on 3/23/2015 4:08:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It's a beautiful foundation overall, and it applies quite nicely with a brush. It has a medium coverage and the finish does look silky and smooth. I have combo skin, and it is slightly too dry on my cheeks. Perhaps it is because of that alcohol is a main ingredient in this foundation. You can definitely smell it when pump out of the bottle.

on 3/15/2015 9:17:00 PM

I am really liking this stuff. I'm usually a natural ivory tone, and the 5.5 in this is perfect - it is a neutral color. It covers the redness around the nose area quite well. It hasn't settled into any of the lines around my mouth, nose, or eyes. The finish looks like skin. You cannot tell it is makeup, it blends beautifully and hasn't migrated anywhere but where I put it, and that is without setting powder. It is very pricey, but there is nothing else that comes close to this. I've tried samples of Bobbi Brown which oxidized to a horrid orange, Makeup Forever which settled in fine lines, NARS which looked like a mask, Estee Lauder double wear, which irritated my skin and made me look 10 years older, Color Stay which doesn't cover enough, Estee Lauder max coverage which is too slippery, Max Factor Lasting Finish which is too hard to find, etc. So, the $20 more I spent on this is far less $ in time when you figure all the time you've spent in research, reading reviews, shopping, searching, sample collecting, testing, etc than the cost of just purchasing the one that works.

It is important to look your best when you are getting older, especially at work where age bias is rampant!

This is the best foundation I have ever used, I have tried numerous foundations this is by far the best. It's lightweight, stays on all day and leaves my skin looking flawless 👌👌

on 2/4/2015 12:19:00 PM

My new holygrail foundation! The consistency is watery so it feels so light on my skin. Flawless finish without too much coverage, looks really natural, not cakey at all. When I look at the mirror, I see the best version of my skin! Love it so much! I'm using shade #2 and it's a perfect match for my fair skin. I think this foundation suitable for normal to oily skin.

on 10/23/2014 12:19:00 AM

I wouldn't say that this is my holy grail foundation, but it's pretty close. When I first tried it on in store, I didn't really like it, but I bought it anyways. I left it alone for a few weeks and just started wearing it again. I quite like it now. It glides on and applies extremely smoothly and well. It covers excellently. I usually don't need the second application with this foundation. The only issue that I find with this foundation is that I find it a little runny. I use a sponge to apply this foundation and with most other foundations, it doesn't really absorb a lot of product, but with this one, my sponge gets saturated - which is a little bit of a waste of product...needless to say, since this product is kind of pricey, I'll be using another application method. It doesn't make me oily during the day and I find it really lightweight. I sometimes forget that I'm wearing make up. This foundation (with setting powder) holds up for a good 14 hours without any kind of movement. There is also no oxidization with foundation. If you need to treat yourself, I'd say treat yourself to this one!

on 10/7/2014 2:04:00 AM

I used the designer shaping creme foundation during the winter n absolutely loved it, the shade 6.5 was just perfect for me, which the girls at the counter told me it's been discontinued in Australia, so I decided to give this foundation a try, as soon as I opened it I could smell this strong chemical smell, I looked at the ingredients and I knew exactly why!!
ALCOHOL IS LISTED AS THE THIRD INGREDIENT! If u know the harmful effect of alcohol at this amount in ur skincare, u'll toss it straight away..this is probably the reason why it made a lot of customers break out..
REALLY DISAPPOINTING FOR A COMPANY LIKE G. ARMANY TO COME UP WITH A PRODUCT LIKE THIS AND AT THAT PRICE TOO!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG foundation. I have very pale ivory skin with a slight creamy-yellow tone and it is very hard to get foundations in this shade - if they're light enough they are usually too pink, and many are either too yellow or too dark (eg. the ones in MUF and Smashbox lines)

I have this in shade 2 and it is a perfect match - a very pale porcelain. Shade 4 is slightly darker, but has the same creamy undertone. Definitely worth a look if you have really pale skin paired with brown, green or hazel eyes

I have dry skin and this foundation works well for me and does not sit too badly on my dry patches The coverage is light-medium but very natural looking and not cakey, it has a satin-matt finish. It is quite liquid but dries pretty fast so you have to work quickly when applying If you have major blemishes it will probably be a bit too light.

Packaging is elegant and the pump dispenses the correct amount. It is hard to get the last bit of product out of the bottom, I had to scoop it out with a spatula

on 9/22/2014 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'd been lemming this forever and when I had a discount coupon for Strawberry cosmetics, I bit the bullet and ordered this sight unseen. I pored over reviews and shade recs and ordered 5.5.

Often when something is raved to death, I'm inevitably disappointed (like GA's master corrector - didn't do squat). But I'm very happy to say that this one lived up to all its hype. First,the shade 5.5 is close to a perfect match for my NC25 skin. Not too yellow, not too orange, not too light, not too dark. Just perfect.

Second, the texture is wonderful (watery and lightweight) and the finish is as promised - satin smooth and gave my skin a soft focus effect. It looked like my skin but better, doesn't look like I have any makeup on.

However, while this foundation deserves its 5-lippie rating, if I'm being perfectly honest, I don't think it performs any better than my Kanebo Kate Powderless Liquid for Cover (which is my HG foundation after trying a gazillion, both high end and low end). As a test, I used Lasting Silk on one side of my face and Kanebo Kate on the other. Both shades matched me perfectly. I asked my family members, nobody could tell the difference between the two.

An hour later, the side with the Lasting Silk felt slightly sticky (I live in a humid climate), oxidised a wee bit and there was a little shine. The side with Kanebo Kate felt powdery and still looked satin smooth. In other words, while the Lasting Silk is great, if I'm being picky, it's still being outperformed by a foundation that costs less than half the price.

I don't regret my purchase because as I've said, Lasting Silk is pretty spectacular and there's something lovely and luxurious about the bottle sitting on my dresser. (In fact, I think the desirability of the brand probably adds to its high ratings). But if you're more practical than I am and wanna save a few bucks, try Kanebo Kate's Powderless Liquid for Cover. The shade OC-C matches my NC25 complexion perfectly.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love this foundation. It was my first highend-beauty-buy and so greatful it worked out that way. It gives a nice natural but flawless looking finish and feels lightweight on the skin. Medium coverage but buildable. It lasts all day and does not create lines in your face. I wear Nr. 2 and I have very fair skin. I won't say that the colour match is perfect for all those very very fair skinned girls (I am looking at you gingers ;) because it has a light yellow tone to it.
If you like the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, this is almost the same thing with a slightly more liquid texture and spf, therefore not for photoshoots but everyday great wear.

on 9/3/2014 1:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

First of all, I didn't want to like this foundation. It's incredibly overpriced and will set you back $92 AUD for one bottle (the cheapest I've managed to find it is for $71 AUD on strawberrynet). But I just can't help it, this foundation is hands down the best foundation I've ever used.

It's winter at the minute and I am incredibly pale and have yellow undertones, so finding foundations that suit me right now is an almost impossible task. However, this foundation in shade 2 is absolutely perfect. It doesn't have incredibly strong yellow undertones, however it does not wash you out and make you look like a corpse, which I've found can happen with paler foundations. Unfortunately, this foundation would not be ideal for women of colour as there is a very limited range of darker shades. In place of this foundation for women of colour, I would recommend Luminous Silk Foundation, which has about double the number of shades and a far greater range of darker shades.

On to the foundation itself, it is just wonderful. It has a luminous matte finish, which means that it imitates the skin perfectly while giving the appearance of a healthy glow. It genuinely looks like skin (but better). The texture is quite runny and watery, which I love in a foundation because in my experience it guarantees a smooth application and a more natural finish. This foundation lasts for about 7 hours on me, which is basically almost one full work day. Even then, it only slightly breaks up around my nose, which happens with basically every foundation on me.

I'd say this foundation has a light coverage that can be built up to a medium coverage. Recently, I developed psoriasis on my face. This foundation, while it did not fully cover all of the redness, glided over the psoriasis and did not cake up over any dry skin. It also didn't worsen my skin, which was a massive bonus! Around my T-zone, I do tend to get quite oily during the day, but this foundation does not slip and slide, nor does it break down easily, nor transfer when you touch your face.

I apply this foundation with my Hourglass 2 brush (foundation/blush brush), which really buffs it into the skin, making the foundation look natural and flawless. I've also applied this foundation with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and a Beauty Blender, which both applied this foundation beautifully. I'd recommend using a foundation brush that can really buff the foundation into your skin just in order to get the best results from the foundation.

To sum it up, this foundation is incredible. It looks so natural and luminous, a true your-skin-but-better foundation. It lasts for quite a long time, though not as long as it claims to, in my experience. A truly gorgeous foundation, but at quite an unreasonable price. If you are looking for a nice product to slurge on, I'd recommend this foundation 100%. If this foundation wasn't as perfect as it is, I wouldn't have even dreamed of purchasing. However, I am really sold on it, so I will continue to re-purchase it and just pray that it comes down in price!