December 18, 2014 | 1392 users online

Bronzers - Laura Mercier - Illuminating Powder - Moroccan Bronze

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've tried several bronzers and have never been happy with any of them. This is truly an exception. No orangey, overdone color. It says it's limited edition, so when it's no longer being sold I'll have to search for a new HG bronzer =(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Schelli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

just like that last reviewer said, this one is great on us pale girls, looks soft, not dirty or orange. I very rarely ever use bronzer, but this looks very pretty on me, like I got a little bit of sun without overdoing it.

Great product!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 3:11:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a gorgeous color for paler girls. It is not too orange, not too red, not too shimmery (there is shimmer and a bit of an overspray)- the Moroccan Bronze gives a golden, slightly peachy glow on my NC15 skin. I could also see this being an excellent highlighter or MSF-type powder for darker girls. Laura Mercier's bronzers are some of the best (if not the best for PPPs), and Moroccan Bronze is no exception. This powder is quite sheer, and I apply using a bronzer brush. Even with a stiff brush it isn't overkill, unlike most bronzers on pale girls. I have used it every day since I got it, which says a lot- normally I keep a few bronzers in rotation. Color wise, it reminds me of a more golden version of LM's shimmer bronzer, or a very lightly applied Cargo Medium. Five lippies for being so easy to use and foolproof.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 11:56:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

This bronzer was part of a new collection LM has out for Spring-Summer 2009. I have tried quite a few bronzers from different companies, but none have really worked for me the way I wanted. They have been either too light & shimmery and eventually fade, or the color just isn't right on my skintone (NW20). I did like BB Bronzing Powder in medium, but it seems to disappear off my face for whatever reason. Well, I have finally found one that is not too shimmery, not too orange, not too light, and doesn't do a disappearing act on me after a few hours. (Drum roll, please!) It is LM's Moroccan Bronze! Yay! This is a very nice pressed powder that comes in a square compact with four different-colored squares of bronzer inside one big square. There is a little shimmer over the whole square, but nothing like a shimmer block or a MAC MSF. Moroccan Bronze has a very subtle shimmer with a nice color payoff that lasts on my face ALL day. As soon as I apply it to my cheeks, it seems to brighten my skin and make my eyes look brighter, similar to when I have a real tan on my face. I really like this! I feared it might turn to orange on my skin, but I have checked this out in natural light and indoor lighting, and so far, I have only detected a *hint* of orange one time in a public bathroom. (Could have been poor lighting there, tho.) Even then, the color wasn't horrific, and it seemed to agree with my coloring.

Anyway, if you are in the market for a good bronzer, I would say this one is definitely worth checking out! I paid about $35 for it at the LM counter in Bloomingdales- and it is Limited Edition- so don't wait too long to try it! continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No