December 22, 2014 | 1872 users online

Treatments (Face) - Aveda - Enbrightenment

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by ericawins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is very sensitive and breaks out easily when irritated by a product. I was really hoping that this would not irritate my skin, but it did. I have been using the entire system every day for one month. At first, I really thought I loved it. It helped fade some discoloration I had due to previous sensitivity-induced acne. But, slowly, more and more pimples started to appear. Now I have blemishes popping up all over. I think this would be great for someone who has discoloration and does not have breakout prone, sensitive skin.

Sigh.

I am really bummed, because I love Aveda's hair care products. I really wanted my skin to like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Skin type: Combination; not very sensitive; Asian with some freckles and a few purplish acne scars and uneven skin tone.

This review is for the ENTIRE line (4 steps) used together. I think that the negative reviews are a result of people using only one or two of the products. It really pays off to use all 4 steps, day and night, or it may not have much effect. This is an expensive line, but I was lucky to be given a full travel set of the Enbrightenment line as a promotion from a spa, complete with cleanser, toner, serum and cream.

I've been using this for 2 months, and have noticed that my skin has started looking brighter and healthier. It is winter right now, and I always have problems with dry patches with an oilier t-zone.

Cleanser: lightly foaming. Gently cleanses.
Toner: cleans off excess dirt/make-up
Serum: absorbs into skin and tightens pores nicely
Cream: thick cream that hydrates without breaking me out.

Overall: When used all together, I think this line has helped in reducing the colour of my acne scars and brightened/evened out my skin tone. It's not a miracle product line by any means, but I do think my skin is not as dull as it looked after the summer and fall weather change.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

This review is for the Serum - it made me breakout in tiny little zits all over my face - even where I never usually breakout. Plus it looks like it's making my pores become clogged.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by LuckE3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the creme only. I got it to use on my face to heal some acne scars I had on my chin. I was bummed because after a couple days of use I started breaking out like crazy and figured I had just wasted $55. However, determined to get some kind of use out of this stuff, I applied it some old stretch marks I had on my hips. Now these were large, white ones that had been there for about 10 years (they showed up when I had my teen growth spurt). After two weeks of using the Enbrightenment Creme, I am shocked at how much less noticeable they are! These are marks I was told I would have to pay big bucks to get lasered. I have used Retin A cream on them in the past and it did nothing. So, I would suggest trying this stuff on scars and seeing if it helps. I cannot use it on my face because of the breakouts, but I will likely buy another jar to continue to fade the stretch marks.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by DanielJ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE
After trying it for a few weeks I believe it's causing my skin to get lots of tiny little white pimples, the size of pinheads. Since not using it for a few days they have gone down. I am so so disappointed.
_____________________________

I just used the Anthony Logistics Clay Mask and Billy Jealousy Liquid Sand exfoliator - my skin looked great. Shine free, silky smooth and not too tight. I thought i'd apply this Aveda product on half my face to see if I was imagining the greasy effect I'd experienced the other day. Skin immediately went slightly red and looked greasy. No dewy glow or 'enbrightening'. I don't even have sensitive skin. I was expecting my skin to really absorb this product and look dewy and fresh, but it just looked shiny and greasy. Not nice.
Very disappointing for such an expensive product. I definitely won't be able to wear this out!
I will update this review in a few weeks if my skin 'brightens'.

Only thing I like is the natural ingredients, the hygienic and eco friendly packaging (though it doesn't have a lid?) and the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Crystalj007

I got the serum as a sample from Aveda. I gave it to my mom because she has several age spots to get rid of. After she used it consistently for a week, she found her age she had been putting it on peeling off. I found that pretty impressive (I did see this myself btw). I would def. purchase if I had any age spots to get rid of. Good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by AshleyTennessee

I love the smell of the enbrightment line since it is not overpowering with flowers and it also feels good but this line did not help lighten or remove any freckles at all . Loved the cleanser and toner .

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by MalMal

I bought the entire Enbrightenment line when it first came out and the serum and the lotion (not the creme) are the only things I wouldn't get again. I don't think the serum works very well, but my mother loves it and a dark spot on her face is gradually going away. So I guess it's okay, I just don't really like it for me. The cleanser and the toner are my favorite so if you want to try out enbrightenment, go for those products.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2009 3:04:00 PM More reviews by little7elf

I used this product everyday consistently for 3 months, morning and night (basically every time that I washed my face or showered). It is a beautifully scented slippery serum that goes on shiny and slightly tacky but then absorbs well (think mederma). I saw nothing happen and in the first month of use but continued since it wasn't harming my skin. After my second month I would say the lines around my forehead appeared ever sooo slightly lighter but only if I looked super hard (and no one else noticed a difference). I would have to say that this product barely works and for the price tag, it's a bit hard to justify. I can get something from the dermatologist for a much better price (especially with insurance) and have it work 10x better. I guess if you're really into using only natural products and don't mind paying a premium for results that could take up to a year to fully notice then this could be an option.?

EDIT: Taking it up from 2 lippies to 4 after using this for quite some time, I would say the difference was actually noticeable (serum used in conjunction with mask and wore spf during the day)

EDIT 2: The mask has really made a difference in the brightness of my skin. If I go too long with out it, my skin looks very dull. My dad asked why face was so bright (with a concerned tone in his voice), he thought I was getting chemical peels. Nope, just this potent mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2009 8:36:00 AM More reviews by bilaug

I origionally received this as a sample & chose to purchase it because I love the feel of it & I do feel it is working. You need to give it more than 2 weeks to see a difference!
It sinks into my skin, non greasy or tacky & easy to apply makeup over it.