Goldwell Definition Color & Highlights Shampoo

on 12/2/2009 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This Shampoo is expensive. Did it keep my color? It helped. This was during the summer when the sun takes a beating on hair color. A little goes a long way. But, it seems as though it is not rinsing all the way but apparently it is. I am not a big time swimmer nor do I sit in the sun
for long periods of time. I usually have a baseball hat on playing sports so I can not say that the sun really could damage my hair much.

I must admit I prefer the smells of Garnier, Aussie, Bed Head, Clairol Herbal Essense, Sauve Knock offs....

This smells of a combination of old fashioned chemical relaxers and citrius.

Will I buy it again? No. It was one of those moments when the hairstylist says "Your hair really needs this Goldwell blah blah blah..."
And my response is to just buy it because I am too weak to say no.

One of my FAVORITE shampoos!!!

on 3/28/2007 5:40:00 AM

I should have stuck with this shampoo instead of switching to Nexxus Botanoil. (sigh, I love to try out new stuff...) This shampoo was gentle but cleansed very well and left my hair lightly scented. Pairing with Goldwell Definition Color and Highlights Conditioner had kept my colour treated hair healthy and shiny. A very good quality shampoo that does what it says on the bottle!

on 12/12/2006 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This really dried my hair out...Before I started using this I was using TreSemme shampoo for red/brunette hair and my hair looked really healthy, but since I've started using the Goldwell my hair has really dried out and looks dull. Oh well, back to square one!

on 10/28/2006 11:25:00 AM

I just bought this stuff last week and am very unimpressed. I paid $17-I know, don't ask me why, and I hate the smell, and I feel like it actually dulls, drabs, and darkens my highlighted brown/blonde hair. I will never repurchase and I want to get rid of this stuff quickly. I also bought the conditioner-yuck!

on 5/15/2006 9:00:00 PM

Being in the beauty bussiness for years, I've tried many many shampoos. This the one I always come back to and have stayed with for the last two years.
Goldwell has recently repackaged, claiming no major formula changes(other than removing the AHA's supposedly) so I will see if I need to alter my review after I've used it for a while!
Otherwise this is my HG shampoo and conditioner!

on 2/23/2006 1:16:00 PM

Smells great, but doesn't clean my hair well. Builds up quickly.

on 1/28/2006 10:19:00 PM

This product is double listed, so I will repeat my review here. I LOVE this. I stumbled upon it after trying numerous shampoos to prevent fading of my lowlights (Pureology, A&G, Graham Webb, etc.), and I'm so glad I did. This works 10X better than all the others I've tried. My colour lasts *significantly* longer since I've been using this. It's very gentle, has a subtle pleasant scent, and leaves my hair soft, conditioned, and manageable but not weighed down. You have to lather up twice to really get a good lather and properly clean your hair, but I always do that anyway (I've read the first lather just removes dirt and oil and the second is what actually cleans). A great find and not too expensive either. I've repurchased it twice already.

on 1/19/2006 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of my favorites... and as a hairdresser I have tried many different shampoos for my colortreated hair. My hair is soft and shiny after usin this. I love the new Color definition light, that even better! Gives some fullmess, but more shine and softness

on 1/14/2006 8:20:00 PM

Wonderful Shampoo! Makes your hair smell sooooo good and sooooo soft! I always try new shampoos, but, I always go back to Goldwell.

Popular Shampoos