October 31, 2014 | 1444 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Avanti Ultra Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron 1"

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

I am not sure why people hate this! The exterior is pretty with a red/black design, the plates never snag because they aren't fixed, they are like floating on these bubble things and there is also a heating option! I have had drugstore straighteners before that were okay but this iron is soooo much better. You can feel the difference in your hair and know you are using a professional product. I think the best thing is how soft my hair feels after this and how much the damage isn't obvious. I love this iron and will never ever go back to the drugstore brands ever. Definite repurchase. Only con I can think of is if you want your hair super duper duper straight you might have to go over the section 2-3 times instead of once, but I have a feeling you have to do that with other irons too.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by goofyfootbetty

I originally wanted to purchse a CHI iron, but I was talked into purchasing this iron by a Trade Secrets rep.and was sold on the price. BAD CALL>!!! A deal is only a deal if the product is good.
I have naturally straight fine hair. I sometimes like to "sleek it down" on humid days, touch up fuzzy spots before a haircut OR create waves. This Iron SUCKS. It tears at my hair and does not glide smoothly through my already straight hair.. I can only imagine what it does to hair that is naturally curly. Trade secrets would only replace the same iron so I am throwing this iron out and buying a CHI.-- Should have done this in the first place.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Vyliss

I love this I got this Iron to replace my CHI (because CHIs all die after a year...I've had 3)they all did...convinced I would find it inferior and return it as all my past attempts to find a lower priced CHI alternative have failed. I was wrong, the Avanti is amazing. Works as well or better than a CHI, quickly making my wavy hair smooth, straight and shiny with a look that lasts all day. As well, I have had my 2.5 years and it is just now starting to lose it's heat and speed. I am excited to get a new one, with the even higher temp! This time, i am not even looking for other irons. The Avanti is it. All I could want in a flatiron.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by TryHonesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the avanti nanoargent tourmaline iron.

Ever since my CHI broke i got this and my hair started to get really damaged with this thing.

When this goes, Im getting a CHI and will not repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by c3b2a1

I'm not impressed. My mom got a cute haircut and started using my GAMA so I purchased this flat iron at Trade Secrets for around CAD $70, regular CAD $115.00. After one week of using it, the light burned out and the iron stopped heating up entirely. I brought it back to Trade Secrets where they only do exchanges or store credit (on this item anyway). So I got a second one. This is the one I'm using now.
***
PROS: I love the tourmaline and ceramic combo, and it *seriously* heats up. The cord is nice and long, which I love. And of course, it does what it claims to do: straighten the hair.
***
CONS: Major snagging! I don't know if it's because of the moving plates, but it pulls on my hair and rips it out. I tested both this and my GAMA and there is a noticeable difference. My GAMA does NOT yank the hair. If it weren't for this, it would be nearly perfect. The only other downfall is the dial. It's just one more mechanical piece that can go wrong. I always max out the heat setting anyway. If I wanted a low-heat straightening iron, I'd buy a Conair from Walmart.

I would not repurchase this, as a matter of fact, if I could return it I would in a heart beat and get another GAMA.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by mochasplash

hot damn! never again will i go back to babyliss!!
brief description of this iron ;
* Ceramic and tourmaline plates, 1" width
* High heat up to 410 F (210 C)
* Korean ceramic heater quickly heats plates to a default temperature of 355 F (180 C). Temperature can then be adjusted between 210F (100C) and 410F (210C)
* Ceramic and tourmaline gemstones that are infused into the plates are natural sources of negative ions and far-infrared heat that promote healthy, shiny hair
* Surround heat offers endless styling options. Create shiny curls, waves or straight hair with the same iron
* Lightweight, sleek and ergonomic design makes this iron very comfortable to use
* Well-positioned temperature dial is strategically placed to prevent accidental use
* Temperature dial provides multiple heat settings for use on all hair types
* Ergonomic handle with textured surface is designed for a firm hold
* Multiple heat settings
* On/Off switch with indicator light
* 360 swivel cord
* AC 120V used in USA/Canada
* One year limited warranty

i got this for $90 canadian and it was damn worth it! it heats up super quick and is very professional quality. my hair does not get caught at the side of the plates unlike the babyliss pro. my hair glides through with absolutely no resistance or tugging! never had to go through the same piece of hair more than once. i'm so in love with this i will never look back at babyliss or conair (lol)
im so surprised there was no reviews on this on mua.
the cord could be longer and thats the only con i've ran into with this iron. it's definitely a steal, especially with the price!! i was hesitant to buy this cuz of the name, which i've never heard of, then i saw it was part of dannyco, which is also rep by babyliss.
my babyliss seems to die on me every 2-4 years and thats not even using it every day and my warranty was up so i had to get something, and im glad i chose this! i hope this doesnt die on me!!! i would recommend this to every and anyone!!!