September 17, 2014 | 1720 users online

Shampoo - Alterna - Caviar Anti-Aging Brunette Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by natalie225

This shampoo works well. I like that just a little goes a long way and it lathers really well. What I love most about this product and I feel justifies the price is that it does keep my carmel highlights from getting orange, red, or brassy. I often find that my carmel highlights quickly fade to an unwanted color, but this keeps my brunette color and highlights looking shiny and healthy. Gives my hair nice body and volume as well. Not my HG, but does the job well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I bought this along with the matching conditioner and i can honestly say i didnt like it. They were priced at around 29 in the UK so 60 for the set. For that price i expected my hair to be amazing and it just wasnt- i really have much better results with pureology, fructis and herbal essences...Firstly i have to point out that I have hair extensions (very good quality, real hair) and i also dye my much lighter brown hair a darker warm brown. I wanted my hair as well as the extensions to feel silky soft and for my color to last longer but i got neither. The colour faded as usual, my roots felt oily and i felt i had to wash my hair every day it just seemed greasy and 'over loaded' with this shampoo and cond. I prefer much 'lighter' products. I gave them away to a family member in the end as they were so expensive i couldnt bring my self to just bin them but im so disappointed :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by sdelman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was lucky enough to buy this product at 50% off. The actual shampoo is a pretty pearly blue. I normally need a lot of shampoo for my thick hair, as I have TONS of it. However, I ended up only needing a small amount to produce a nice lather. I also love the ocean smell of this shampoo. I let the shampoo sit for a couple minutes. After rinsing, my hair felt a little bit dry. I also used to brunette conditioner and after the pair, my hair was so soft and silky. I had the best blow-dry in my life after using these two. It is very expensive, but a little bit goes a long way and the price is worth it for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I'm a fan of a few different sulfate-free shampoos, including this one, but after finishing a bottle, I really can't say it's superior to less expensive versions. This particular product is not only sulfate free, it also contains no parabens, mineral pol, phthalates, gluten or paraffin. It claims to brighten the hair, as well as prevent those brassy tones - it was that particular claim that caused me to buy this, as I'd just gotten very subtle light brown highlights woven through my very dark brown black hair.

Does it keep the color true? It seems like it, yes. Alterna also claims that this shampoo has UV protection, but I'm less likely to believe that, as it's a shampoo - something I rinse away. Perhaps the conditioner would be a different story.

It smells good (very light and fresh), and lathers well, for a sulfate-free product. However, I have to use more than what my stylist told me I'd need to use, in order to get it to lather and clean. I think I paid $39 CAD for this, which still shocks me. Frankly, I can't justify the cost - it's good, but not $40 worth of good.