Lancome Lancome Juicy Tubes

3.5

BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, RICINUS COMMUNIS OIL / CASTOR SEED OIL, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL DIMER, DILINOLEATE, SUCROSE ACETATE ISOBUTYRATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, LINALOOL, CALCIUM CARBONATE, CALCIUM SULFATE, SODIUM SACCHARIN, SILICA, LIMONENE, CITRAL, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL OIL, CI 15850 / RED 7, CI 77491, CI 77492 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

Ah Juicy Tubes. Reminds me of ten-ish years ago in college and my friends and I sharing our collection of Juicy Tubes before going "out" for the night. I guess the mid-2000s was the heyday of this particular line of gloss, but I still love it. Obviously, there are many MANY imitators/peers at lower price points. These tend to be very sheer, glossy glosses with not a ton of color payoff, but in my limited experience they are almost universally wearable. You don't have to plan your whole makeup look around your lips, which I like. Although the gloss is a bit tacky on the lips, it is not too watery nor too thick. In the glittery shades I have tried, the glitter is so fine it's perfectly acceptable for any occasion. I am loving the slanted plastic applicator which doesn't get gooky and nasty like some wands, and actually enables you to apply with some precision if you wish. Juicy Tubes forever!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The price hurts and I normally like lip glosses in tubes with wand applicators but this is my one exception. I also usually prefer tinted lipgloss and avoid glitter but here it looks great. (The colours are not very obvious and are more about great scent and taste).
I freaking love this lipgloss so much. Sometimes with the super shiny and long lasting glosses you have to sacrifice comfort. Not here. Juicy tubes stay on but feel great on the lips. Thick lip glosses can sometimes be extremely hard to spread on the lips or on the opposite end are a gooey oozy mess. Not here. When you squeeze it out it keeps it shape until you start applying it on your lips. I still can't get over how awesome they are. This is definitely not the kind of lipgloss I go for which just makes it even more remarkable. I love them lots and if they ever get completely discontinued I would be so upset!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A thick, perfumed mess and, if your shade contains glitter, it's even worse. Better to stick with the drugstore tubes if you're into squeezable glosses. These aren't top notch by any means. They smell okay, sometimes, but that's not their purpose. I won't be buying any more.

on 12/12/2014 8:20:00 PM

3. Nice fruity taste and fragrance
4. Last forever on your lips

on 11/29/2014 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I am not much of a lip gloss person, but I have tried various glosses from sets or gifts and these are by far the worst. They are the stickiest and thickest I've encountered (even stickier than much cheaper drugstore counterparts) and leave your lips feeling tacky. I am also not a fan of the squeeze tube dispenser which can sometimes lead to too much product.

I have tried to wear various Lancome glosses several times, and it has always been an unpleasant experience. I imagine this is what it would feel like to have a never-drying glue sitting on your lips.

I would not recommend these to anyone.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It's very thick, sticky, gooey and perfumed. The glitters in the gloss even have this gritty feel.

on 10/12/2014 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I would buy IF I could find! Lancome has an event at Shoppers Nov. 1st to Nov. 16th if you spend ONLY $36 you get $137 FREE gift...which has a Juicy Tube....sooo I figure its well worth one rouge absolut !

on 10/8/2014 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received 2 sample sizes of this stuff in a Clinique purchase. The packaging reminds me of the cheap, drugstore gooey lip glosses I used to use obsessively in high school.

This formula is VERY thick and gooey. It is very shiny on the lips. The colors I used (one was a true pink, the other a subdued red/coral) were highly pigmented, but the glossiness made the high color less intense. So there was a lot of color and gloss in one application.

I'm not a fan of gooey, thick lip glosses. I'm not much of a lip gloss person anyway, but this formula was really overkill for me. The color was nice, and if you're into the seriously shiny lip-thing then go ahead girl and get down with your bad self.

I will say that after about an hour and a half, this gloss would sink into my lips and leave them feeling very tacky and sticky. After full removal of the sticky gloss remnants, lots of flaking and dead skin would come off my lips. This is probably not the gloss for sensitive ladies or those with lower maintenance taste in lip color.

on 9/17/2014 3:23:00 PM

not my favorite. i have one of these in a pale pink shade (forget the name) and as i am fairly pale, it looks flattering. i like that the shimmer isn't "glittery" per se in the fashion on cheap glitter glosses from the 90's and early 2000's. also, this gloss doesn't bleed (it shouldn't, at $18).

but their its virtues end. pricey, unpleasant (subtle at least) smell, and - the kicker - feels drying!!! it's a gloss!! this shouldn't happen!!

this product had a lot of potential and i had wanted to try it since it first came out. not worth the hype at all.

on 7/4/2014 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This lip gloss is just wonderful! It is very long lasting and extremely shiny, which is what I look for in a gloss. Some may not like the slightly sticky texture, but that's what it takes to have a long wearing gloss. They have multiple colors and finishes...I'm not a fan of the extra shimmery ones because they can tend to feel a bit gritty, but the slightly shimmery and creme ones feel amazing.

Popular Lip Glosses