February 28, 2015 | 1946 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Line Fan Brush

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2015 6:23:00 PM More reviews by opbxr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This brush is absolutely awful. Very dissapointed in the quality of this brush.

The bristles are soft, but the brush isn't nearly dense enough to pick up any product. It just flops around and is incredibly difficult to use. Good luck applying any facial products with this or using it to blend (I use fan brushes to blend out nose contouring), because this brush does nothing.

Even though this is only $3, it's absolutely garbage. Usually elf has better quality products, but this was an absolute flop. It amazes me to come onto makeupalley and see just how many people like this brush, because it's awful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Works great to dust away any mascara flakes after combing lashes. Very, very soft. I adore that it has a great cover that actually stays on too. Mine does not shed. Very inexpensive. Comes with a sort of a case.

CONS: None for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by southberry31

Many people are saying that they don't like this product. personally I think it is a wonderful brush. I use it to apply my The balm Mary Lou-manizer highlight. Also from time to time I will use it to apply a very pigmented blush like the WnW coloricon. It is a bit flimsy but I don't mind. This is a hit or miss brush IMO.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

Errmmm... Soft enough but way too sparse.
Got the professional fan brush. Same difference. Nothing fantastic. Works alright not great. Cheap is cheap. In every sense. Yucks. And it is shedding like crazy. Pretty soon it's gonna be like an old peacock... With not feathers~

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by luverchick

i only use this once in a while to whipe off any light flaking on my face....but that i can do with any other brush honestly

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by leslie7622

I only use this to apply a light finishing powder under my eyes and dust any fall out from the eye shadows. The brush is very sparse and doesn't pick up a lot of product. But its perfect for getting some powder directly under the eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by drsweety1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand how anyone could ever like this brush. It's awful. The bristles are just way too flimsy so be effective at applying or even dusting off any sort of product. On top of that, once you wash it, the hairs sort of form clusters and it loses its "fan" shape. Isn't that the whole point of the brush? I haven't had any problems with any other studio line brushes, but this one was disappointing . I'm only giving it a two because it didn't completely fall apart. I suggest you save the few dollars it costs.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by mothalicka

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ordered this brush online after hearing about how nice highlighters look when applied with a fan brush. I was, and still am, so disappointed. This brush has VERY sparse hairs and will not pick up enough product. (I used it with MAC Lightscapade and Soft and Gentle.) This brush is very cheap, but save your money!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 3:43:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This brush is flimsy and really doesn't even brush away hairs on my face that have shed from my other brushes. Doesn't pick up or distribute product. I normally love elf brushes but this is a waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I like using it to apply highlighter with. Other than that, I haven't really found any other use for it.

I don't necessarily think that this brush is a must-have. However, it is pretty okay to have around nonetheless.