December 20, 2014 | 1604 users online

BB Cream - Gowoonsesang - BB cream SPF 30 PA++

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2014 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Kylalala

This bb cream has a nice consistency and blends quite well , but the problem is that after i have applied the bb cream on my face i look like a vampire, its just look so GREY on my skin , it didnt feel as light as i thought it would on my skin and it feels sticky and heavy . I think i have only used this product like 3 times since i bought it and i just dont really like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by stace06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

With heavy heart I write review another failed BB cream. Sometimes it seems like I will never be able to find a BB cream that provides coverage and won't break me out!

I bought a sample pack from Sasa and this is the first one I tried from the pack. My experience:

# Immediate breakout - I have had it on my face for 16 hours and by about the 8 hours, pimples were forming by the time I took it off at home, I had a few angry red pimples around my upper lip, chin and sides of my forehead.
# Clogs pores - my recently exfoliated skin looks very blocked this evening after I cleaned my face, especially my nose area
# Not hydrating - my skin was very dry, tight and a woman's worse nightmare - fine lines appeared after I cleansed my face
# Did not match my skin - I am an NC15-20 and while the consistency was lovely and offered decent coverage after a dusting of powder, there was a clear difference between the yellow undertone of my neck and the grey shade of my face.

I recommend people with sensitive, dry or acne prone skin to tread with caution when using this one. While other products can break me out - this one had super natural powers in terms of how much and how fast it reacted on my face.

This is the second time I have tried this one with 4 weeks in between and both times resulted in an angry red dry inflammed face - I don't think I will be going back for number 3!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I would repurchase this product, but I would hope they come up with a better tint for this long term.

The Pros:
-Great texture (relatively matte)
-Great smell
-Good brightening ingredients
-Good value (size is decent for a bb cream 1.7 fl. oz.)

The Cons:
-Grayish tint (very gray, requires a lot of blending)
-Not very moisturizing (will require a moisturizer underneath)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by HelloMabel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the best BB creams I've tried. TONS of concealer-like coverage, and the colour matches my skin really well. A little goes a LONG way. I had been using it daily, over Cetaphil oily skin moisturizer, and with a tiny bit of MAC Studio Fix (N4) over top. It looked great, tons of matte coverage, and didn't get too oily throughout the day.

I've been breaking out a lot lately though, and now I'm trying more natural foundations/makeup routines. I still use Dr. G when I'm going out for dinner, to clubs or special events because of how awesome it covers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by IrynaHarpy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm 54, have normal skin with an oily T-zone and, even though I'm very much post-menopausal, I'm still highly prone to huge, cyst-like pimples on my chin (in fact, these types of skin problems become worse after menopause than the lighter menstrual breakouts we experience when we're younger).

My skin doesn't need much coverage as, fortunately, it's still fairly evenly toned. If it weren't for the need for a good SPF, I'd definitely prefer just to dust on a little face powder to mattify my complexion as, unless you have a lot of imperfections to conceal, I seldom find that any foundation-like cosmetic is flattering on older skin & gave the heave-ho to all my beloved foundations when I was about 50.

Nevertheless, I've never found a high SPF moisturiser that doesn't leave a grease mask in its wake and the idea of reapplying every few hours is utterly ludicrous when you're wearing even just powder, so I was interested in trying out a couple of BB creams when I became aware of them a couple of years ago. Yes, I know that they all have some nasties in them (some more than others), but a few of these 'nasties', their primary ingredients, are what provide the SPF protection. On balance, living in Australia, I'm more concerned with melanomas than longer term potential problems that may or may not arise from long term use.

BB creams have now become an obsession. I've tried out 5 kinds so far but this is a hands down winner. The coverage is good, without looking like a mask which screams attention to every saggy area, pore and deeper-set wrinkles that aren't really visible until you pop a foundation on. It's buildable for lighter areas of discolouration (red blotches around the nose, etc.), although I still need to use a concealer for really nasty pimples still glowing red.

I wore this through summer and didn't suffer any breakouts in areas I've always had problems with during the greasy, humid season. All of the other BB creams in my array ended up being bypassed because it was so reliable and easy to use.

COLOUR: This is definitely for the pale-skinned amongst us (I vary between an NC15 & an NC20, although my skin tone has changed and is probably getting towards an NW20 to avoid looking washed out nowadays). Dr. G does have a slightly greyish cast, but it does a far better job of blending into my natural skintone within 20 minutes, much more so than any of the other BB creams I've tried. It doesn't oxidise or dull on me even after a full day of wear at the hight of summer. Yes, I do have to blot throughout the day and touch up with translucent powder, but definitely less regularly than I would without it. If I do feel that it's looking too pale or greyish (and we all have days where we look like death warmed over), I'll brush on a coloured powder with ever-so-slightly pinkish undertones to freshen my complexion rather than use my preferred genuinely translucent powder.

All BB creams leave varying degrees of a plastic-like finish. They may claim to be matte but they're not the kind of matte I like. They're welcome to call them a 'glow' but it looks like 'plastic film' to me, so a setting powder is a must for my liking. When I haven't set the Dr. G, it still holds well throughout the day so, if you prefer not to use a powder over it, it'll still wear well and remain waterproof until you take it off with a good cleanser.

I'm still going to try out Missha Signature CC BB Cream (in white as it's supposed to finish without a cast) and is SPF43/PA+++ but, if that doesn't work out I'm definitely going back to Dr. G!

*Edit* I've noticed various comments from women having become concerned about the ingredients in BB creams and having opted for 'healthy' alternatives such as mineral and herbal alternatives. Beware: 'mineral' and 'herbal' does NOT mean healthy. Before buying such products, check the ingredients lists check them against EWG org or the Good Guide in order to establish how 'healthy' they are. I promise that you're in for a shock when you find out how many serious toxins they contain. Ultimately, it comes down to much of a muchness so, please, don't be duped into believing that you're doing something good for your health (not just your skin's health) by confusing 'natural' with 'good for you'.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by gurms

I've been looking for a bb cream that could control the oil, have SPF and match my skin tone without being too heavy, which this did. The only downside was that it broke me out, not even the regular pimples I usually get but the annoying, under the skin buggers that take much longer to clear up. Needless to say, I won't be repurchasing since the only bad thing is that it causes pimples for my skin since I wanted to cover some problem areas, not create more.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by cordy123

I used to love this products like crazy! It's my HG!! I do not leave house without it. I have been using this products like 3-4 fours. it is AMAZING!!! Totally amazing!!

However, recently I went to a beauty showcase and it opened my eyes as in all the harmful ingredients in makeup/ cosmetic.
Talc and paraben are not so safe according to them. I did my own research and found mixed results.
In the end, for the sake of my skin, I ditch this product *heart broken*
I do realise that this product can dry up the skin a little bit (still way better than other BB cream I have tried on).
So, I am using mineral makeup now.
I hope my skin will clear up and become better.

The thing is, I have been using this products for years, it didnt break me out. But ,who knows that kind of changes it has been doing to my skin.
My skin has gone worse, I notice. I cant really say this is the result of this BB cream, but i do have my suspicion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by SpiritOfHalifax

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried so many bb creams. Dr G is my favorite, I find that the consistency is thick when I first squeeze it out of the tube and when I apply it, it goes on kind of thick-looking at first but it melts in to my skin and literally just ends up looking like my skin, it doesnt look like I have anything on my face, it adapts to my skin tone, it evens it out and it makes my skin look and feel hydrated. I'm 37 and my skin is on the dry side, other bbs tend to accentuate the lines around my eyes when I smile, this one doesn't.

*edit* i meant to add the type of Dr G bb cream i used as there are several and they all work differently. I bought a sample package that had all 5 types of Dr G bb creams and the one I gave 5 lippies to is the "primer BB Protector SPF 38". Its the hardest one to find online which is really disappointing. Its in a grey tube and looks almost identical to the "Hydra Intensive Blemish Balm SPF 30" but they have totally different results. The primer BB is expensive in its full size but I can't imagine anyone being disappointed if they found it and tried it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by mayyami

The Dr G BB cream is actually quite good at evening out the skin tone. It is a bit grey but tends to neutralise a bit. It looks really natural. I apply this over my moisturiser in the morning and set it with powder. Even doing this, I find that it does not last very long on my skin it starts to fade a few hours after application and has very little coverage by perhaps 6 hours? And for a full day at work this is not good enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by archtenshi66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SASA! yup bought it there like last year and still trying to use it up. mainly cause I get lazy and either don't put on make up (running late to scl) or put on a little ( pea size = you get a lot from a little)

Coverage: 7/10 Buildable for concealer

Lasting:8/10 pretty good but will start to reveal patchy blemishes (recovering pimple) if u sweat at a club. No seriously, that's the only time it slipped. I do set it with a light hand of powder.
oil: Summer = Set T-zone Winter = I don't need to cause it sets to a Matt and but still hydrated on my dry/oily t-zone skin

Con: i did start having little bumps all over my face since this summer and I am switching to Mineral foundation for a while till I figure out what is happening...