April 19, 2014 | 1888 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Rejuvenating Silver Label BB Cream SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by beautykrazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. I need everything that this offers - high sunscreen, primer, coverage, moisture, skincare etc. and I need them on a budget ha! This covers all those needs, truly. I can skip moisturiser, sunscreen, primer and tinted moisturiser, I really can skip them all when I use this. It gives the coverage of a good tinted moisturiser without being grey and suits my skintone (pale) really well. I don't think tanned or dark skin suit this but it depends what you use over the top...but it suits my very pale skin perfectly. I also have the Premium version and that's a little too dark or yellow or something. I prefer this one. It sinks into the skin so to the touch you feel you have nothing on - which beats the heck out of a lot of the sunscreens I've tried. Leaves no greasy or thick residue, just a comfortable slightly dewy finish. With a little concealer I can skip foundation on a good day, but this is an excellent primer if I need foundation. Even my horrible L'oreal True Match (which I'm trying to use up) going on beautifully with this underneath. Really impressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by sm92soel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great bb cream. Thick and creamy, blends nicely and provides the fullest coverage you can imagin with great lasting power. I wanted to love it soo much but the color didnīt match me. Itīs ghostly white and has the most hideuos grey achy undertone to it. Made me look ill. (Iīm an nc25 in mac for reference.) And since it only comes in one color thereīs not much you can do.. Such a shame. Would probably work great for pale people though!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by sylveirettes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This used to be my HG bb cream back in 2009. I loved it so much I always wore it everyday. It didn't break me out (my skin was, and still is, very, very, very oily and almost nothing works on me. no mattifying products nor primers. on top of that, i'm also very acne prone), had a decent oil control, EXCELLENT coverage (covered almost ALL of my skin imperfections it looked so porcelain i wanted to cry), and overall brightened my skin despite this having slightly greyish undertone (but it's also quite yellow so it matched me nicely).

I would wear this from morning to night, my very oily skin only looking dewy and the make up still looking great. I would remove my make-up after my activities ended for the day. Often I was too exhausted and ended up falling asleep without cleaning up, but in the morning i didn't get any pimples even though i forgot to wash my face.

I was so in love with this bb cream i would recommend it to anyone who bothered to hear, lol.

This was my HG, yes, until they reformulated it.

I stopped buying bb creams because i switched to foundations, trying out many products until my skin was starting to react against Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation (which, at first, I thought was my HG too. I loved (still do) its finish and coverage more than anything but sadly it made me break out horribly after two months of continuous usage). so after thinking i decided to switch back to bb creams again. I just bought this reformulated dr. jart (black packaging with silver sticker with white carton box) yesterday thinking its formula was still the same with the one in silver squeeze bottle. boy was i wrong. the consistency was so much runnier, i can't say the coverage was medium to full like it used to be, on the contrary, it was light to medium (with the fact that the consistency is runnier also. the old version was very thick and a bit hard to spread). the finish was slightly dewy. the oil control was NOTHING, an hour later my skin was already a pool of oil again. It's pretty pricey here in Indonesia, too, around $35 or IDR 400k.

i just tried the reformulated version once and my skin didn't react to it until now. will update my review later after continuous usage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by bracelet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this got reformulated in a black bottle which is what I will be reviewing.

I mainly bought this for oil control which I think is pretty decent as far as BB Creams go. I can see a tiny bit of shine on my forehead after about 4 hours (Winter, primer + powder) but I am also very oily. It's a pretty thick consistency and is medium coverage which can be buildable for fuller coverage.

I am about NC 30-35 and this BB Cream is definitely too pale for me, but only really noticable in flash photography. It also makes your skin/face look flat because of the heavier coverage so I definitely recommend bronzer to bring back dimension to your face. The shade is more on the yellow side which works for me.

I live in Canada so it's pretty expensive (around $30 on eBay) but I think it's the best BB cream I've tried so far in oil control and coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Eldeliciamua

This is such a good bb cream I recommend it to so many friends and family! I like coverage so I was slightly skeptical about this but after i put it on my mouth hit the floor and it was my skin but perfect! I do get the occasional spot so I would say conceal if needed also it poses a problem for those of us who have a tan body but a ghostly face because it kind of blends in to how your skin is however this is my go to no make up makeup base.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Surfaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My first BB cream and oh well, definitely not for yellow undertones. It made me look SO pale, and I mean unhealthy, greyish pale, even my boyfriend noticed that my face looked grey, and boyfriends don't normally notice this kind of stuff.
The coverage was really good though and I wouldn't have needed anything else if the color did match. Wish they had a choice.
The texture is nice and thick, I had no problems blending it with my fingertips, gives a nice dewy finish and didn't make me look oily (ahem, Youngblood mineral foundation).
Overall, nice stuff with SPF and great coverage, but the color is plain scary.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Pros:
-fairly decent coverage that you can build up. I would say its around medium coverage
- covers acne/red areas quite well
- very very smooth application, glides on like a second skin
- gives an initial natural and slightly dewy finish

Con:
- No staying power. Throughout the day this stuff slid off my face and I just looked very blotchy by the end of the day.
- No oil control. Made me look and feel incredibly oily. The initial dewy look starts to turn into greaseball after a couple of hours even after I had set it with powder.
- Felt very tacky on my skin even after 10 mins of waiting for the stuff to set on my face. If I touched my face, the bb cream would imprint right off on my finger. When I tried to set it with powder, I could feel how sticky the bb cream was and felt like the powder was just sticking to the cream.

This may work beautifully for people who have normal-dry skin but as for oilier folks, I would advise you to try with caution. I think it's still useable, but clearly not for summer. I'm going to save this one for winter and hope it works better for me then, I give this 3 stars because for the price I paid, I expected a lot more from it.

UPDATE: as it turns out Dr. Jart had reformulated their bb cream. My review is based on the new reforumlated version (it comes in a black tube).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by makeuptron3000

I have very oily and very sensitive/red skin. I use this as my everyday makeup. It doesn't make my skin flare up and covers the redness well without looking 'caked on'. I do get an oily nose and chin after about 6hrs, but that is pretty good for me and my extremely oily skin. So if you're only moderately oily or combo I think this would work for you. It matches my skin colour pretty well NW20 and I wear a bit of mineral powder over the top. All in all i think its very good for the price approx ~ $16US on eBay.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by jaaamz

I have an extremely hard time finding foundation. Everything I've tried in the past flakes up on my skin making it look dry and horrendous. This is literally the only product that I can honestly say works for me. It goes on creamy, has full coverage without looking like it, and lasts the entire day. My skin looks dewy and hydrated, and there is no oil to be found on my face throughout the day. LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by dellywoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I quite like this BB - it covers my rosacea quite well and any blemishes to the point I barely need concealer. I'm NW15 and the colour match is just fine, however it does leave my face feeling quite mask-like and flat. It almost has a sort of chalky feel. I have combo skin and have noticed no issues on my oilier patches with it staying fairly matte there, it does cling to drier areas.