July 29, 2014 | 2156 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Cream Eye Shadow in Malted

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Tokyo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this shade! I tried Shore first and tried very hard to love it, but it always ended up looking like I was wearing concealer on my lids. Malted is the perfect shade--maybe slightly more pink (in a good way) and just looks like nice, even lids when worn alone. Easy to layer other shades over this, as it is very neutral. Perfect in every way.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by ali8388

I've had this product for a few years, and it's my go-to summer shadow. It really doesn't budge, and could even work as a primer/base. On really hot days it might crease in my lids, but only after a long day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

This pale neutral colour really "wakes up" lids in the most natural and flattering way. Typically these lid colours are too yellow or pink. This one does have a smidge of a pink undertone but to the right degree. I pair this with Berry Noir in the crease and the new long lasting Mahoghany liner which is very close to Caviar gel liner but without any of the hassle. This look is the perfect balance for a red lip.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Never in a trillion years would I have chosen this shade for myself, but as I explained that I was looking for a shade that would knock back the darkness on my eyelids but not look artificially bright, the SA at the counter recommended I try this. Had I not let her apply it, I would have never believed how incredibly effective this is at doing just that - my eyelids but oh so much better. (I thought I was more of "Shore" type) Prior to this product, I had to use 3-4 (corrector, primer, shadow, sometimes powder) to achieve a similar effect - and that would inevitably crease within a few hours. If I want to brighten the area, I can add some paler eye shadow but on its own, its really great as well. Adding a touch of shimmer in the inner corners really brings this to life. (I get the type of look that the model in the Brightening Nudes ad has). Inevitably, I need less concealer as well - always good!

I am NC/NW20 and find the shade more "pinky nude" than "mocha beige". This is the one product I am willing to let awful packaging slide because its just so effective at cancelling my eye circle/darkness. If you too suffer from this, don't let the unexciting nature of the colour distract you - please do try it to see if its as successful as it has been for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I originally gave this 5 lippies, changed it to 2 lippies, now I'm changing it back to 5 lippies. I thought this was creasing on me, but it turns out that you have to put on a light coat for it not to crease. If I do one light coat, wait awhile, then put another light coat over it, it won't crease. Malted is a matte cream shadow. On me, it just shows up the same color as my skintone (I'm an NC25 for reference). These cream shadows seem to hold the color of whatever powder shadows I apply over them better than a regular primer. There is .12 oz of product in this compared to .17 oz in a MAC paint pot.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Love2Laugh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Malted is the perfect neutral color for my lids. When I want to look like I am not wearing any shadow, I wear Malted. It never creases on me, and keeps my oily eyelids from causing my powder shadows to crease. So, sometimes I use it as a base for powder eye shadows. Malted makes my eyes look like the rest of my skin. My eyelids have darkened from age, but when I put Malted on, it looks like the way my eyelids looked in their 20's. This is such a versatile color because it can be used more than one way; I will definitely repurchase this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by NLilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A very neutral 'nude' brown colour that comes on lighter. Dries quickly and stays in place all day. A great base for the eyes (I am quite pale, maybe NW15), a kind of my eye lids but better colour.. looks like I have nothing on when wearing this, no shimmer, but gives me a more 'bright awake' look. Evens out the colouring really well. Really useful to have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a perfect nude beige for the eyes. The formula is creamy and yet ultra long wearing. It has no shimmer or glimmer! this is perfect for my summer needs when I don't want ES which sweats off or comes unhinged when I go out in the sun.. plus, my dermatologist said the consistency is heavy so it really acts as another sun blocker for the eyelids.

I still think BB can come out with an easier to use packaging and which has that inner lid which will prevent the product from drying up (like MUFE and some of BB's creams).

meanwhile this is a terrific color for anyone who wants a light nude beige ES.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by coolbabe377

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Malted is great all by itself. When I put Malted onit completely disappears, and Im left with perfect eyelids with NO imperfections. It's great for those Saturdays when I'm doing errands and want a totally natural look.

I also love using Malted as my base when I want a warm look. One of my favorite combinations is Malted with Mink in the crease and as liner and Bone (powder) as a highlighter.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by mommer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great multi-tasker. I use it as a base as it evens me out and leaves a great canvas for other shades. On an everyday basis though, I wear it all by itself as it gives just a hint of color and keeps my lids matte for a natural look. It's a staple for me.