December 19, 2014 | 1644 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Positively Ageless Lifting & Firming Daily Moisturiser - SPF30

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by the_borg_queen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This lotion is very rich, so I would not recommend it if your skin is oily or acne prone. I started using this lotion after I ran out of my Decleor experience d' le age radiant day lotion. I didn't have $80 to shell out on moisturizer so I found this at Target for around $17.
My skin is dry and sensitive and this didn't irritate my skin at all. I was concerned about this because I've had really bad reactions to drug store / low end skincare in the past.
I love the rich and silky texture of the lotion, which is more like a cream. A little goes a long way with this product and I've noticed that the pump dispenses a little more than I may need, so I try to go easy on the pump. Maybe half a pump is sufficient.
I like the fact that it has a high sunscreen included. It smells very pleasant and leaves my skin fresh, moist and very soft. It's perfect under foundation, no dry flaky patches.
I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by happylynngilmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

background: 28 years old/combo/Irish-scandanavian/some acne scars/fine lines starting at eyes/I do wear sunscreen everyday.

I bought this at Target, as they no longer carry the Aveeno Active Naturals SPF 30 daily facial moisturizer, and I wasn't going to be anywhere near Ulta for a while. I thought, if they just exchanged soy for shitake and called it a new product, how different can it be? VERY! It does smell nice, but the pump is crazy-the first time I pumped it like a quarter size came out! I really have to be careful not to push it all the way down, otherwise it's a giant waste. I didn't experience any stinging like others, but I did get bad, bad cystic acne all over, and this was the only thing I changed. I slathered on Mario Badescu buffing lotion and that got me through the week until my regular Target trip and I could return it. For $18 I was really hoping for a better product. The Aveeno I usually use is only $11! This product made me really sad. A trip to Ulta is now in order!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Terese4444

Stung my cheeks and by my eyes! Also clogged my skin which is unusual for me. Dud!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by theparsley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy moly, this stuff stings! It made my eyes water for a long time after application. I have combo skin that leans towards the dry side. I didn't purchase this for the "lifting and firming" promises, but for the high spf. When dispensing this out of the pump, it seemed coated in oil! I gave it a shot on my face however, but was rewarded with a very terrible breakout with whiteheads. I tried using it as an eye cream instead but the sting/watering eyes was just too much. And it gave me acne on my EYELIDS. Stay away!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This review if for the Aveeno Active naturals positively ageless Day youth perfecting mousterizer SPF 30. It's under this other title in the review because the packaging matched what I have

I bought this product because it had shiitake mushroom, which Origins also use in their mousterizers.
The product is in a pump dispenser which I think is very sanitary and prevents oozing, etc. Actually looks expensive to make!
High SPF -30, UVA and UVB
Smells terrific-I like fragance in my products-I'm not sensitive to them and do not cause me problems.
It is expensive 22+USD. But if it works, then ok, right?

Cons: To me, it appears to be just a sunscreen, and for that I can buy higher SPF at lower prices
Shiitake extract is one of the latter ingredients so there's no much to brag about here
If you have combination /oily skin, you will find a bit greasy.
If you use a foundation above this, make sure that the foundation is also not a moisturizing one (unless you have dry skin and therefore need it) because it will feel greasy
If you have combination / oily or oily /acne prone sking, be careful
I would not use it for additional protection under a tinted moisterizer-too greasy
I tried it also under an oil free tinted mousterizer and it was greasy
I would love to keep but at this price and with so many others in the drawer, is hard to justify the price. hope this helps

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by threejane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I do a lot of snowboarding, dirtbiking, and jetskiing and I need something with a high SPF to protect my face. In comes Aveeno...WRONG! Don't get it anywhere near your eyes or they will be burning and stinging for an hour. It's very strongly fragranced and it doesn't sink in at all...I feel like I put spray-on sunblock on my face and never rubbed it in. I resorted to putting it on and then patting it off ten minutes later with toilet paper, which I'm sure impacted the SPF rating, but it was the only way that I could put on makeup without having it all slide off and smear. I don't even wear foundation, but this would make my mascara smear, my powder disappear, my eyeliner non-existent, my eyebrow pencil laughable. I like Aveeno products (I particularly like the Ageless cleanser and the night cream), but I think the high SPF addition to this day cream makes it too difficult to absorb into my skin. Not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by lectriceye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was surprised to see all the negative reviews for this product. I really love this stuff and consider it one of my HG products. It is the only moisturizer that DOESN'T break me out. I can't use any drugstore lotion such as Olay or any of the other popular brands. So when I found this stuff I was really excited! I should say that I have dry and sensitive skin so maybe if your skin is more on the oily side this could be too rich. For me it's just right. I use it all year round with no ill effects. It has a nice fresh scent goes on light and silky and just makes your skin feel better. I couldn't live without this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by xogingerox

BAD PRODUCT
firstly, this is the first moisturizer ive tried that has broken me out! i have combo/oily skin (tad drier on tops of cheeks) and no worrisome acne as i have thankfully passed hormonal rollercoaster that was puberty. olay, body shop, avon, evoo, origins (moisturizer only) has never done harm to my face and so i thought i was completely safe from ever donning the 'sensitive' skin title. this product proved this theory incorrect. pimples EVERYWHERE. was a serious pepperoni pizza face from using this product for 1 week. i didnt change my other parts of skin care regimine except this, and BLAM, skin hell. also, other minor parts, too thick and thus difficult to spread, the friggin product wouldnt come out of the bottle when i pressed the top of it 1000 times and it kinda..smells like mushroom (expected due to shitake ingredient) and expensive for drugstore
maybe its because im still kind of young and dont need 'harsh' ingredients in my skincare routine. i dont kno
imo, if you do not suffer from any severe skin maladies + are young + have had decent success with 'basic' moisturizers (such as olay as mentioned) then steer far far away from this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by rr2004

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Glad to see I'm not alone. Have used this product for just three days and today it really burned! My face turned red almost instantly. I washed it off after just a few minutes. Could tell yesterday that something was wrong. One eye was tearing up like crazy. And my husband said he noticed yesterday that my face looked a little red. Returning it this weekend.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by usernameusername

I've had good experiences with Aveeno before. I used to buy it on sale because it's a slightly more expensive drug store brand. I was interested when the Shiitake moisturizer came out but then had a HORRIBLE experience. I don't have typically sensitive skin yet this moisturizer burned the skin on my cheeks by the 4th day. The skin was literally burned into, very painful and embarrassing. I guess it must be the shiitake complex because as I said, I've never had problems with Aveeno before. The burns went away a couple weeks after discontinuing use.