October 31, 2014 | 859 users online

Shampoo - Philip Kingsley - itchy flaky scalp shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by hohohoitsme

I absolutely hated this product. If I could give it zero lippies I totally would.
My scalp is extremely sensitive- after years of neglecting (oh dear) I finally started to wash my hair properly, etc. (Trust me, a lot of people don't wash their hair properly.)

I was extremely desperate back then and thought I'd give this ago.
But gosh, it was awful. After I washed my hair (properly, mind you) my scalp felt extremely dry, and I had a fair amount of flakes on my hair. I then followed up with the scalp tonic by the same brand- which by the way. WAS HORRID! It did nothing for me compared to the one that my GP had prescribed for me (the reason why i brought it was, I felt that my scalp may be getting too used to that product, and felt the need to switch; and boy was I wrong.)

If your scalp is sensitive as mine is, I really don't recommend you use this.
I ended up saving up for Aveda's moisturizing shampoo & conditioner. IT'S HEAVENLY! I shall be writing a separate review on it. In a nutshell: after a few washes, my dry scalp cleared, my flakes cleared, and the conditioner is a bliss to use. It's very easy to wash off (which is great for people like me who aren't used to using heavy conditioners) Word of caution though-- Aveda's moisturiziing shampoo may weigh your hair down, so I suggest you use a clarifying shampoo every week to balance it out. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by streeetdoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Expensive shampoo, but worth every cent. I've been using this shampoo for years, and always get the salon size. Over the years, I've dabbled in other anti-dandruff/anti-itch shampoos, but always come back to this!! Has a faint apple scent, and doesn't strip the hair of color, which is a plus. Doubles up as a very gentle cleansing shampoo as well, so great to remove product buildup with.The older versions used to be thicker and you have to use more to lather up, but the newer versions are runnier in consistency and an absolute pleasure to use. I used to have a really flaky scalp, and the flakes were very big pieces and using this shampoo over time has cured me of this! Thank you PK!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by eme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's the only thing that's helped me. I periodically switch to cheaper shampoos and the itch comes back. It works

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Anitag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This used to be a HG for me but as with all scalp condition shampoos after a while (if you don't rotate them) they stop working. This was ok as long as i used it with the scalp tonic for Itchy scalp. It did more for the itching than the flakes - both contain pirotone olamine. Since then I have found L'orel anti-dandruff with salanium sulphide does a much better job and costs a fraction of the price, however it does strip your hair colour a bit whereas the PK is safe for coloured hair. I do still use this now and then but I don't think I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by eponine121

Packaging isn't overly appealing, and its expensive! But, it has helped y sensitive itchy sore scalp, and nothing else i have tried has helped. Smells nice, light scent of apples, and leaves my hair soft and shiny.
Been using it for about a year now, and each time i try a different shampoo mu scalp gets bad again, so i am sticking to this even though its very expensive.