Yves Saint Laurent #4 Pur Raspberry

4.3

on 6/4/2012 2:12:00 AM

I purchased this at a duty free store at the HK airport which I'm sure is much cheaper than purchasing it from a beauty counter in Sydney. When I first tried it on, I thought it was too bright for daily wear so I stopped using it for abit until one day, I was looking through my cosmetics when I came across this and decided to try it on again. I fell in love with it instantly which confused me since I was not into the shade in the beginning. The staying power is very weak since it is a lip gloss but the color is so pigmented and my lips just look so juicy with the gloss on. A warning though, it is VERY sticky. I had a few incidents where my hair got stuck on my lips and it was pretty icky. I would repurchase it for the color and the lovely watermelon scent!

on 2/2/2012 9:50:00 PM

YSL are my favourite glosses, they are pigmented and their texture and quality is top notch. This a staple for me and I have actually used it up! It gives me the perfect luscious "demure lolita" lips! I adore the colour, it's a beautiful pop of watermelony? I especially love this shade during summer nights, especially when I'm on a Greek island (yes, I'm nostalgic for summer!!!) and do not want to overload on the make up (except for a lot of bronzer) or when I feel like a girlie, pouty lip :)

on 11/27/2010 9:28:00 PM

Using this for a bout a year very sparingly , fantastic gloss but can be hard to wear. I would never go for a bright highlighter esque pink like this myself, although i'm trying to become more out there colour wise I usually stick to very brown pinks, or warm reds. My brother bought this, a ysl mascara, eye quad, bronzer and nail pen for me for christmas. He said that he just told the SA at holt's that he had a tanned sister with black hair and a pale sister with blonde hair and she pretty much picked everything for him. I mention this because this doesn't look so hot on me in the dead of winter when I am truly pale. I used it immediately of course at christmas dinner and it just looked very unnatural and unflattering. However this summer when my body was very tanned and I was using bronzer and sell tanner on my face to keep up this looked great also i did micelle phan's valentines tutorial last winter and it looked really good with the monochromatic pink look. This can really wash you out without blush or just a lot of general colour on your face which is weird because when i do a bright red it looks best without. I should also emanation that in person this reads very warm like a yellow almost coral pink. Now for the actual formulation..... I am in love i smells fantastic i don't really get a raspberry hit more of a general fruitiness but it still has that kinda classic lipstick smell at the same time. It is also extremely pigmented , i would say its like a mix between a liquid lipstick and a lipgloss. Also the packaging as always with saint laurent is absolutely stunning and i am not embarrassed to whip this out.

BL: love this lipgloss formulation, cant wait to try new colours i just don't really need a bright pink in my makeup collection right now but if i did it would be this

on 8/16/2009 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this Gloss Pur. I have been wearing this non stop nearly everyday all summer this year. I apply a neutral pink lipstick beforehand for more pigment and then this on top with a lip brush. It makes my lips look luscious and smooth and I love the pinky/watermelon colour. HG.
It's the 2nd last one in the pic, click for a larger view. Please take note the pic I uploaded is not mine but from member: Pilinya which I found whilst browsing the pics section on mua.

on 8/4/2009 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I didn't like this, mostly because of the color, a straight up medium toned neutral bright pink. I had hoped it would be more of a warm pink from the swatch photos. It was just too bright for me. The smell was something I also did not care for, a gross melon smell. I am a huge fan of Dior glosses and this is not as good as the Dior - smells/tastes bad, and has a goopy texture. Also I think the Chanel Aqualumieres are similar but without the bad smell.

on 3/26/2009 9:40:00 PM

I feel like this is TLC (Popster) on heavenly steroids. It goes on so smooth and lasts for hours. I totally appreciate the lack of sparkle. HG.HG.HG.

Popular Lip Glosses