October 25, 2014 | 1701 users online

Hair Removal - Schick Quattro for women Trimstyle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by troo12

I bought this years ago and have maybe used the razor side once or twice. The trimmer side, however, gets a lot of use. I like how you can adjust the height/length of the trim. Aside from its intended use, I also use it on my arms! I have a tendency to get ingrown hairs so I don't want to shave them. I've replaced the batteries maybe three times since I've gotten it, so I'd consider it a pretty good deal!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 5:04:00 AM More reviews by vesperholly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My first one broke after 6 or 7 months, I was keeping it in the shower and water must've gotten in. But the trimmer is so fabulous that I bought another one just to keep in a drawer. At $9 a pop, it's worth it to buy for the trimmer alone. I suppose you could buy a more expensive lady parts trimmer that is only a trimmer. However, I never see them in stores, and they're at least twice the cost of this one.

The razor end is just as good. The weight of the trimmer helps give a closer shave (similar to the weight of Intuition razors) and I get very few nicks from Schick blades. Gillette's Venus was like having a cat shave my legs. Replacement cartridges cost more per pound than gold, so wait for stackable coupons from Target and the manufacturer, or BOGO sales at drugstores.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by MissLori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The razor is great - gives a nice close shave. Loved the suction cup holder for the shower wall. I found the trimmer to be mostly worthless though, and ended switching to a less bulky version of the 4-blade shaver.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolutely love this trimmer, I sort of wish it didn't have the razor on the other end and was sold separately. Works very well, is nicely sized, and handles easily. The guard determines the height of the trim, and it is easy to adjust, Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this trimmer/razor combo. I've purchased two of these, the original teal one and later the limited edition purple. Nothing wrong with the first one, I just really liked the purple :). This is battery operated, just for the trimmer. The razor part doesn't vibrate. The trimmer is surprisingly effective and non-irritating. It comes with a guard which I honestly never realized with my first one. When I got the second one and actually read the package I saw that the guard can be removed and moved to different positions. Genius! For the razor half I use Schick Quattro Sensitive refills. As long as I have been using this I have had zero irritation, nicks and cuts. It works fabulously on legs, underarms and bikini area and I get a close, smooth shave every time. The price is a total steal for the performance. Highly recommended.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by curlylaura

I've had two of these things and both have broken on me after about 6 months. They are good while they work but I'm going back to a normal hair trimmer and a Venus Razor. The blades are also not as good as the Venus ones, I don't get a close enough shave. But I do say get the mens replacement blades because you get 4 for the same price as 3 of the womens ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by chipshumptydumpty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I had this thing for exactly a year now and I love it so much now! I used to have the normal shick quattro until I dropped it and it broke so I decided to get this one as a replacement. I hate to shave my bikini area to often cause I get a lot of ingrowns so I use this to keep it clean. The trimmer without the guard (that thing really is useless) cuts the hair so short it looks like a 3 day grown so I'll usually do this and when I really shave it all, this makes the job easier. It works great in the shower and stopped working only once but it was the batteries fault. Shick quattro is way better than Venus in my opinion because it glides more so their's less irritation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Aud222

I love this razor/trimmer. The razor cartridges come in sensitive skin as well, which don't cause irritation. The trimmer is magic. Gone are the days of scissors dedicated to my bikini line. I agree that longevity is not its strong point (I've had to replace mine once in about 2 years), but it's fairly cheap and useful, so I can't complain.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by CookieMonster222

It's a really nice idea, and it's ok but I'm not hooked on it. I mainly bought it for the trimmer end, however it just wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Although I could live with the loud buzzing noise, the trimmer itself just didn't trim as close as I would have liked. I really liked the razor end, it gave a very smooth shave without irritation. However for the price I could of paid if it hadn't been on offer, plus the price it costs to buy replacement blades for the razor, I would rather stick to two separate disposable razors.

EDIT: I used it again and this time I found the trimmer to be actually rather good. It's great for quickly trimming your bikini area. Plus, it doesn't cost a lot to buy replacement blades that last for ages. I wouldn't use it with the guard on though as I find that part to be pretty useless. Other than that, I've now decided it's worthy of a 5..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by sorrels88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product only for the trimmer, I didn't continue to use the razor after it dulled. The trimmer is a really handy tool for keeping everything neat and short down there. I used to use scissors to trim, but could never do a neat job.
There is a plastic guard at the end of the trimmer that can be adjusted to allow for different lengths of trimmed hair. I use the shortest length if I want to wax, or take the guard of completely if I'm just going to shave or leave things natural. It's easy to use and small enough to maneuver around delicate parts.
The only reason I rated it as a 4 was that it mysteriously died after about 6 months of use. Though, it could be possible I accidentally exposed the inside to water. I will be buying a new one soon.