July 29, 2014 | 2075 users online

Lips - Kevyn Aucoin - The Liquid Lipstick--Aurelia

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by veevixxen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product. It's described as a liquid lipstick and it is a great hybrid between a gloss and a lipstick. You apply it like a lipgloss and you can layer the color. You can get sheer coverage or heavier coverage on you lips depending. The previous review said that she doesn't get enough product off of the applicator. I think it's so that you can layer on the product. A little goes a long way for me. Sometimes I want to look like I have sheer color on my lips and other times I want a thicker application of Aurelia.

The color is very pretty - it's a rosey pink that is feminine without being bright. I love it for the daytime as it complements my skin tone and makes my lips look finished, yet natural. The scent is light and sweet and reminds me of cake batter.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love liquid lipsticks and was really distressed when Clinique discontinued theirs. When I saw KA had one I decided to try it. It's an expensive ($27) little product that comes in a lipgloss tube with a doefoot applicator (not a brush, which is what they show on the website). The color I have, Aurelia, is just as described and pictured on the KA website--a delicate strawberry pink, no shimmer, on the cool side. It's thick and pretty sticky, and it does not apply well with the doefoot applicator because 1. not enough product comes out of the tube on it, so you have to dip several times to get a single application, and 2. it's so thick that the applicator doesn't do a good job of spreading the product evenly. I tried a rather soft, floppy lip brush for application which wasn't the best, so I'm going to try a firmer brush next time. But once you get it on, it is gorgeous. The color is lovely--soft and feminine--and has a beautiful full-coverage satin (not quite glossy) finish. And even when the shine wears off, the color is left behind and it stands up under lip balm. It is quite moisturizing, which makes my lips look fuller without plumpers or shimmer. There is a scent--sort of fruity/sweet--I can't identify exactly what it is, but didn't find it annoying. Although I will keep this, I would not repurchase due to the expense and the difficulty of application.