After finding this on eBay for around $15 dollars (much less than the RRP), I couldn't resist buying, after hearing that this is silicone free and meant to be great for dry skin.
Firstly, I have really dry skin that needs a lot of moisture to make sure my skin doesn't flake throughout the day. The primers I have come across all seem to be oil-controlling, which I don't need in the slightest.
The product is slightly citrus scented, and goes on really smoothly. When I put this on I actually feel like I'm doing something good for my skin instead of slathering it in pore-clogging chemicals.
It works best if you give it 2 - 5 minutes to settle in, and foundation just goes on like a dream over the top of my rough acne-scarred skin.
I can't see very much of an improvement in lasting power, but it's definitely better than if you didn't put the primer on (I set with a setting spray anyhow).
I highly doubt this could work for oily skin, even combo might find it too 'dewy'.
I'm taking points off for the regular retail price, it's a bit much, but I always find it cheaper.
And also for the use by date (which is 6 months apparently), I would only ever use it up entirely in that amount of time if I used it religiously.
But all in all, fantastic product, and finally.something that works well with my insanely dry skin! Would absolutely repurchase.
Does not stay on your face! It was peeling off as I was patting on tinted moisturizer on top of this! And it didn't do much for my face either.
I love the consistency of this primer. It made my foundation look so smooth and even! I love this primer!
Awesome primer by Korres that is surprisingly free of silicone. The texture it leaves would make you believe otherwise. The scent was a NICE surprise. I usually do not use fragrant products but I do enjoy this. I have very normal to dry skin so a primer isn't a must for me but I like to use it under mineral foundations. I hope they make a version with SPF in it for the day. The packaging is eh.
I've gone through about 80% of a tube of this and I know I won't spend $30 on it again. I love Korres products; their Mango Butter lipsticks are wonderful, and their Wild Rose Moisturizer is my HG. I think this brand is wonderful, but the face primer falls flat.
- Never once did this break me out or irritate my rosacea skin
- My makeup looked no worse with this on underneath it
- The scent is lovely
- The ingredients are natural
- My makeup looked no better with this on underneath, and furthermore, I feel that it did nothing to make my foundation glide on any easier. I have small pores except for on the sides of my nose, and this did nothing for them either.
- I saw no improvements in my skin after using this primer for over three months. This particular product is supposed to improve your skin's texture and tone, but it did absolutely nothing for me. I believe a product should do what it says it should do, particularly if you're paying a little extra for it.
- Sometimes this made my face feel a tiny bit tight when I put it on. Again, I have dry skin, so I really don't need my face to feel any tighter than it already is!
- For $30, you sure don't get very much.
Overall, Korres is a great line, but this particular primer really isn't on par with many of their other skincare products. For those with dry skin, I highly recommend trying Hourglass's No. 28 Primer Serum. It does exactly what I had hoped the Korres primer would do and then some! It's more expensive, but the results are fantastic, and worth the cost.
I feel like this would be a very decent primer for someone:
1. With mature or dry skin (seems to double as a moisturizer)
2. Who doesn't wear alot of makeup (the more makeup I put on top of the primer, the more it melts off my face by the end of the day) and
3. Whose skin does not tolerate silicones (silicone free).
Not a repeat buy for me, as I only fit #3.
Thicker than the Anti-aging primer by Korres (less liquid and more cream quality), and it dual functions as a primer and moisturizer. Great for dry skin, but if your skin is TOO dry, make sure you exfoliate and moisturize so as to avoid flakiness and similar issues. It has helped to heal my acne prone and sensitive dry skin. I did not have success using it under Lancome's Photogenic Lumessence (piling, ugh), however it looks great under my Bare Minerals original formula powder foundation.
This primer is very liquidy and moist so you have to give it a bit more time to dry before applying your foundation. It reminds me a lot of Napoleon Perdis Pre Foundation Autopolit primer in texture and smell. This might be good food someone with really dry skin.
I prefer gel like primers like Smashbox's Photo Finish Foundation Primer, Lancome's La Base Pro and my favorite for now, MAC's Prep and Prime.
Been using this for months. I can definitely tell the difference when I don't use it. I can see fading on the chin, nose, cheeks and forehead when I don't. The most noticeable place is my chin. Not sure if it helps my oily skin or makes the application smoother. Doesn't seem to be breaking me out either.
This is the first silicone-free primer I've used, and I have to say I love it! It looks and feels more like a moisturizer or lotion than a primer, and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy or dirty. It lets my makeup glide on and stay put for the whole day. I like the fact that its packaged in a tube, as it lets you use all of the product and not waste any. I will definitely repurchase.