August 20, 2014 | 1975 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Korres - Silicone-Free Face Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by curlygirl45

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Cover FX discontinued my favorite face primer and I took a chance with this product. I can't use silicone so already a point in its favor. Smells great but fades quickly, goes on lightly and foundation goes on smoothly. I have combination dry and oily skin and also get weather-related allergies when the Santa Anas arrive twice a year so a primer that can handle all that is great. Will definitely rebuy (as long as it's not discontinued!).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by darleenieweenie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh. I did not enjoy this so much. I bought it in December and just returned it in April. I've tried to like this product and use it once in a while to give it another chance and I just didn't bother with it after a while. It feels nice, smells okay, however, I feel like it goes on like lotion. I have dry skin and you'd think this product is good, but like I said, it's just like lotion and to pay $30 for something similar to a lotion, just wasn't worth it. Staying power? My makeup lasts just a little bit longer, but as a primer, I'd expect more lasting power, pore-filling, and worth of my money.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Hautepants

I really like this primer. Goes on nicely, feels great on my face, and makeup applies nicely after it's on. It also makes my makeup stay in place for long periods at a time. I love that it's silicone free as well.
Awesome.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by blondie2cute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

BREAKOUT CITY!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

So disappointed with this primer! This was my first purchase from Korres and unfortunately, they have left a bad impression for me. This primer is worse than doing nothing- it makes my skin look WORSE. Even though it is winter and my skin is drier than its usual oily mess, this primer makes me look so oily when I have foundation on top (tried a few different ones to make sure it wasn't the foundations fault...). The texture looks strange and separated and it highlights every fine line and flaky piece of skin that I didn't know I had! I'm better off without any primer if my face feels this icky.... :(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by jackchi24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this primer for about three weeks and I'm very happy with it! This is the first primer I have ever used and I picked it since it doesn't have silicone in it and is supposed to be better for your skin. I don't use my morning moisturizer anymore since this is moisturizing enough. It also sinks into your skin and dries very fast which is great! I used to put on my moisturizer and have to wait five to ten minutes for it to dry before doing my makeup. I use the korres mineral powder foundation over this primer and it goes on nice and smooth.

The only thing I don't like about this is that it doesn't cover pores completely. It helps, but I have some pretty big pores on my chin now for some reason and they are still noticeable after using this primer, but they do seem a little better. I never had an issue with makeup not lasting on my skin, so I wasn't using this to help my makeup last longer, but I can definitely report that my makeup still looks really good at the end of the day after using this. This hasn't caused breakouts either, but I'm on accutane now so I don't think anything I put on my face is really causing breakouts anymore, thankfully :)

Definitely recommend this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by cricricri11

I am not a big specialist over primers. Having said that, i break out super super extra easily and this primer did not make me break out at all It does make my skin a bit smoother before foundation application, but does not make my make up last longer at all. I do rate it more as a cream than a primer .

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Hadew1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This silicon-free primer feels delightful on my sensitive, dry/combination skin. Unfortunately, it doesn't do all the things I expect from a primer--smooth over pores, create an even base for foundation application, and provide longer wear to my foundation. Still, I like it. It makes my foundation go on more easily and evenly, and moisturizes nicely. If you're sensitive to silicon, this might be a nice one to try. Also, it smells great--kind of tangy and citrusy.

I would never buy this at full price, though--I found it online for much less than MSRP.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by AgeJ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After finding this on eBay for around $15 dollars (much less than the RRP), I couldn't resist buying, after hearing that this is silicone free and meant to be great for dry skin.

Firstly, I have really dry skin that needs a lot of moisture to make sure my skin doesn't flake throughout the day. The primers I have come across all seem to be oil-controlling, which I don't need in the slightest.

The product is slightly citrus scented, and goes on really smoothly. When I put this on I actually feel like I'm doing something good for my skin instead of slathering it in pore-clogging chemicals.
It works best if you give it 2 - 5 minutes to settle in, and foundation just goes on like a dream over the top of my rough acne-scarred skin.

I can't see very much of an improvement in lasting power, but it's definitely better than if you didn't put the primer on (I set with a setting spray anyhow).

I highly doubt this could work for oily skin, even combo might find it too 'dewy'.

I'm taking points off for the regular retail price, it's a bit much, but I always find it cheaper.
And also for the use by date (which is 6 months apparently), I would only ever use it up entirely in that amount of time if I used it religiously.

But all in all, fantastic product, and finally.something that works well with my insanely dry skin! Would absolutely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by thrrrrob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does not stay on your face! It was peeling off as I was patting on tinted moisturizer on top of this! And it didn't do much for my face either.