L'Oreal Vive Pro Glossy Style Volume Mousse

2.8

on 2/11/2013 5:21:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have short wavy silver hair and a great precision haircut. I use a small quarter-size dollop of this and quickly work it through my hair and just blow dry with my hands. It does make my hair shiny and gives it just enough body. I didn't find it to be a "stiff" mouse, but I wasn't looking for one.

on 6/17/2012 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Weightless volume? Glossy shine? How about a heavy, dull, stiff mess? My hair is color treated and fine, so I hate anything that weighs it down. This sounded great - body, fullness, weightless shine!? Sign me up.

Sadly, that was not the case. It was on sale, so I bought it along with L'Oreal Vive Pro Glossy Style Non-Aerosol Hairspray. Gave them both a few chances both alone and with other products and was disappointed with L'Oreal's Glossy Style line. I came very close to re-washing my hair the first time as I was so horrified - and that was just with the mousse, before I used spray.

For mousse, I am back to ISO Multiplicity Escalate Mousse, Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Spray or Matrix Big Trix Boost-It Mousse ($1.20 each for travel size at Big Lots...I went back & bought 3 more).

For hairspray, I am still at a loss. Focus 21 Splash Finishing Spray is OK for my fine hair, but still goes on too thick (I like a fine spray, this is fat non-aerosol raindrops). I like Big Sexy Hair Spray & Stay for going out or windy days, but for every day, its too stiff. Settling on Suave Touchable Finish for workdays until I can find something else - why waste $$$?

on 11/14/2011 9:24:00 PM

I LOVE THIS! Wow I'm so glad I didn't read the poor ratings on here before tried it!(which I usually do) My mom just happened to have picked it up and I used her's. I have tried a lot of expensive mousses without this much luck. My hair is long, wavy and thicker and the bottom half but thinning at the top and prone to frizz. This really gives it great volume without frizz. It's my HG!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had good luck with this. I have long blonde hair, and it's in between curls and waves, not loose but not ringlett either. This made my curls very defined and full. I didn't get much of a shine finish, and I do agree with some reviewers about the residue feeling. I don't use it everyday, just on nights I'm going out or special occasions. Would repurchase!

on 8/12/2009 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I HATED this mousse. I expected it to make my hair shiny and add volume, but sadly it did the opposite. I only used an egg sized amount for my shoulder length hair and it made my hair look dull and weighed down. My hair felt stiff after using this. I also hate how it smells.

on 5/22/2009 1:59:00 PM

Personally, I don't find this product to work for my hair. though if you are looking for a mousse with hold that gives a "textured" feel, this is right for you; but the problem is that is NOT what the label says - it says it will give "glossy" volume and shine! So I was hoping it would make my hair shiny and bouncy but alas, no.
It seems to take shine OUT of my hair and makes it dull looking... and it gets greasy quickly. also does nothing for adding volume or bounce :(

on 4/14/2009 3:45:00 PM

i LOVE this stuff! i dont get the bad reviews. it makes my curls so glossy and nice. plus no frizz! i love it

on 4/14/2009 1:56:00 PM

Awful stuff. It's very rare that I'll actually throw a product out after a first use, but this went right in the trash. Smelled horrible and made my fine blonde hair feel coated and dull. Went back to my trusty TRESemme mousse the next day.

on 4/9/2009 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm surprised by the bad reviews. My hair loved this stuff. Gave great control and shine to my hair without being stiff. My hair was still bouncy at the end of my workday. I even love the smell. As a mousse fanatic, this tops some of my other favorites. The key is to apply to wet hair, then let air-dry.

on 4/5/2009 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this and the glossy color protector spray. I had been using John Frieda's mousse for volume but decided to switch to this because it promised shine also. What a disappointment. My hair ended up weighed down and decidedly lacking in volume. Plus, this product made my hair feel stiff and it looked dull. Did not deliver on either promise. I have really been disappointed in L'oreal hair products recently and this was the last straw. I am avoiding this brand when shopping for hair products from now on.

Popular Styling Products