August 1, 2014 | 1558 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - SO CHANEL illuminating powder

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2009 2:25:00 AM More reviews by thesoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This illuminating pressed powder was released in December 2007, Chanel studio-limited. This comes in two shades, the pink one (ivory powder + pink logo) and the silver one (pale pink powder + silvery grey logo).I got mine in pink in South Korea for approximately $72 USD. I usually don't believe in "the pricier the better," but I had to get my hands on this one because the pink and ivory powder was so pretty.

The compact is the same as chanel's other pressed powders, the sleek black case with the coco logo on top. If you open the lid, there sits a bed of pinkish ivory powder with a pink coco logo in the middle. The pink goes all the way through to the bottom.

The texture is really soft. The powder is very finely milled but rather loosely packed, so just swiping a brush across the surface will pick up a ton of product. I used to swirl mine together and sweep it across my cheeks and the usual highlighting zone. It has a matt glow (sounds weird but... not the flashy glittery light as MAC MSFs but soft and "candlelit" such as guerlain meteorites), which makes your skin look smoother and healthier.

I had to stop using it though, because of the pink undertones. I'm a nearly olive skinned warm NC25, so it looked like I was wearing a mask.

A little flat square brush comes along with the powder, but as all CHANEL blush compact brushes are, the quality is terrible.

I wouldn't buy this again, because I don't think the effect and all is worth $72. I do think this would nicely complement the collection to all the CHANEL-addict ladies, though. The powder's so cute and "SO CHANEL."