October 31, 2014 | 1592 users online

Moisturizers - Chanel - Hydramax + Active Moisture Gel Cream [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Hynjng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good product, hydrates my skin and perfect for hot climate because of the gel structure.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 6:12:00 AM More reviews by ioannaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What can I say about this gel-cream! It's like magic!
    I absolutely love it. It hydrates my skin in a great way. No other moisturizer offered me such hydration before. After 5 days of use my skin is velvety, shiny, dewy and really healthy. It improved the quality of my skin.
    No break-outs , no greasiness. Most moisturizers tend to be greasy after 2-3 hours, or straight away after their use. This not!
    I also love its texture. It is soft, light, luxurious and very easy to apply. It is absorbed immediately.
    Chanel's hydra max gel-cream has a lovely, refreshing scent and its packaging is elegant and simple.
    This product made me believe that cosmetics do wonders indeed! I don't think I will ever replace it with any other moisturizer. It is the best I've ever used. Will repurchase,

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by yguo001

I love this gel cream, it keep my face soft and control oil very well. but my face breakout badly after 2 days!!!!!!! so Sad.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by marianikool

I love this moisturizer, I got it as a recommendation from a blogger who happens to be a model and has combo skin like mine.
    After trying Vichy, La Roche Posay, Clinique... this is just my HG moisturizer, The only thing is the price, it's very expensive. But the good thing is that you need very little product to cover your entire face; the texture is very light and smells amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Jackieldavis

This was always my go-to moisturizer in the hot summer months, (I live in Colorado where it's extremely dry but still feel this provides plenty of moisture). I believe it's been discontinued and replaced with a slightly different type of gel - which I still love but not as much as the old version. I LOVE the scent, (white peaches, light floral) but some might be very sensitive to this. Feels light, refreshing, and provides great moisture without ever feeing heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by nightwatcher13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this product, but when I stopped by my local Nordstroms today to pick up another jar, the sales clerk told me it has been discontinued. Hydra Beauty Gel Creme is the new product that is replacing it. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is an amazing moisturiser! My skin was in bad shape, it was red and irritated from years of chopping and changing products everday and generally just messing it around too much. In my quest to calm and heal my skin I've gone through so many products, most of which either make my skin more irritated and red, break me out or are just too greasy (Avene). I used to use this gel cream years ago and had the best skin of my life, so took a gamble and bought another pot. Just after one week of using my skin is calm, smooth and glowy! The irritation patches are clearing up and my skin is starting to look like normal healthy skin again! I even went without makeup the other day! I have combo skin and find that the texture sinks in well and doesnt make me greasy. I will never ever stray from this product again!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by babyhutch

I've been on Retin-A for several years, first because of acne now to help with the early signs of aging. I say this because I'm basing my review of this product from a purely moisturizing, not treatment, point of view. With that said, I love this moisturizer. It doesn't sting or irritate my skin, doesn't cause breakouts (even now that I'm off the Retin-A since I'm pregnant) and sinks in super quick. It does have a fairly strong fragrance so you may want to give it a whiff before buying to make sure it's not overwhelming or unpleasant for you. My knocks on it are that it's expensive and that it's in a jar so you have to scoop it out. They do include a spatula when you purchase it but I never got in the routine of using it. Overall I find it to be a great moisturizer but if you're looking for a treatment product I'd look elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by dlasky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This moisturizer is great on my combination skin. I use 2.5% benzoyl peroxide all over my face day and night, so I get a little dryness as a side effect. This took care of it quickly, so I will be repurchasing. It works well in summer or winter. Also, the scent is divine - it reminds me of pears.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 4:04:00 AM More reviews by swirlyloon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Because my mom forbids me to buy drugstore skincare, she buys me skincare and I follow her.
    I went with her to the Chanel counter to get a skincare and makeup, but the thing is I always thought that Chanel was a brand for mature women.
    I asked the sales if there was ANYTHING that would be suitable for me and she showed me this hydramax skincare line and what can I say.... IT'S REALLY GOOD. this beautiful gel texture sinks into my skin wonderfully and I really love it! my skin is normal to combination and it leaves your skin really smooth and now everything for my skin is by Chanel, even the cottons! the "le coton" AHAH I LOVE IT.
    My mom is pleased that she found a good brand for me, and so am I.

oh btw, i'm fourteen :3