April 17, 2014 | 1886 users online

Brows - MAC - Brow set - Girl Boy

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My scores are going to look a little out of place with all of these glowing reviews so I am just going to get straight to the point.

Pros:
- Love the amount of product for the price, and the packaging was ideal (much better than the Benefit counterpart I purchased last year).
- The gel formula really does carry a lot of pigment and dries very quickly.
- Very easy to use.

Cons:
- The shade for redheads-- "Girl Boy". The lady at the counter recommended it to me because of my red hair, but it is far too brassy for my liking. I much would have preferred a lighter shade.
- There is a shimmer to the formula for reasons beyond me. I don't know why my brow's should have any shimmer to them, in fact, I was hoping for more of a natural look upon application.

With all of this being said, I will still use the product. I have combined it with a bit of brow powder along the arch to add more definition, and this seems to subdue to brassiness a little bit. But to my redheaded sisters out there: be wary of this shade.

UPDATE: I am slowly getting a better handle on the application but I still feel that the colour is too intense for my shade of red. Application would be easier if the brush were shorter, and if it didn't pick up so much product. Hope that helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely HG! My brows have always been darker than my hair, they are the classic arch shape, thicker by my nose and taper perfectly. I am constantly receiving compliments on them and I do not fill them in at all. I do not use this to shape or fill, for me this lightens them just enough that I don't look so angry. They bring down the color of my "super villain" eye brows which are naturally intense. This is the perfect product and it's quick and easy to apply, it doesn't rub off or transfer. I am in love and now people are not always asking me "what's wrong?" haha!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by pinkdoctor88

I use this everyday. This is one of my most favorite products from MAC. It makes my brows look put together. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by MakeupLover2689

This product is one of my favorite.I sooo love this product because I am using it as a highlighter for harsh brows that I made from my brow pencil.This appears like magic! it can make your brows look stunning and every one is asking what brand I am using for my brows and it really matches my brown hair color. It stays so long and I do not need to retouch my brows. I am definitely gonna buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by imadiva

One product I can't live without!!! Been using this for 3 years now. One tube can last for 6 months.

This product instantly brightens my face. I have colored my hair light brown and I was told in one of the make-up classes here in Manila that eyebrow be should be the same or ashade lighter. I usually approach girls with light hair color in the bathroom and ask them to try this product.

Pros:
- long wearing
- 1 tube can last 6 mo
- great effect

Cons:
- make sure to shake the tube and tap excess as it tends to be a little sticky

Netnet:
Must have!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

WHY haven't I reviewed this product??? I can not tell you how many of these I have been through. This is one of my absolute HG products.
I can not live without it. I used a Revlon brow gel for years and of course, they discontinued it and I was devistated. It is amazingly hard to find auburn/reddish brow gel. Then somehow, someone, something recommended this and I never looked back. The price has risen a bit over the years I've used it, from $13.50 to $15.00, but still it is definitely worth the price. I dye my hair a deep auburn and this brow gel matches any shade I use, from Garnier to L'Oreal Feria. Another thing about this is that it lasts, and lasts, I can honestly say a tube of this will last you a good 6 months with regular use. The formula is excellent, very long wearing. I apply it in the morning and it does not move until I take it off. It is also very natural looking, most people cannot tell I am using something to color my brows red (also helps I have pale brows to begin with). It also helps people believe I am a natural redhead. I can not say enough good about this product. If you are a redhead or color your hair red, you NEED this. It also comes in a more burgundy shade, if you can find it. Cost is $15.00 on MAC.com

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by xettexoefab

I love this! I have been coloring my hair lighter and this makes my eyebrows matched my hair. It tinted my brows lighter and it is perfect. I just think that it is expensive for a brow set. And I wish the brush is shorter and thinner so that applying would be easier as some who uses it has thinner brows.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 4:35:00 AM More reviews by lwsege

It works great in terms of staying power(more than 8 hours and water resistant) and color payoff. Its only downside is the ease of application. The wand is a way too thick and wide when apply to my eye brow. So, the products can stain on my skin under my eye brow easily. Remember to always wipe off the excess before apply the cream/wax onto eye brow otherwise it will become so clumpy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Djadzia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I first bought this stuff around a year ago in an effort to make my crazy dark and thick eyebrows a bit lighter, and I accidently got the wrong shade. At the time, I was more tan and had blond highlights in my hair, and it didn't look very good, very orange.
But now that I have paler skin and have dark brown/red hair, it's perfect. A light application is all you need, I then take a spooley or a brow brush and use it to distribute the color and shape my brows. It complements the red tones in my hair perfectly as well as giving my brows gorgeous highlights, and keeps my unruly brows in place without being stiff. Dries soft and natural. Definitely recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by nattyngeorge

This is a HG product for me. Although I have medium to dark brown hair, my hair always lightens up to a medium shade of brown with golden/coppery tones (then i'll usually dye it dark again).. When my hair is at that stage... This brow set really helps my brows match my hair better. My brows are naturally very dark brown and I fill them in with a pencil or brow powder and then I set them with the Girl Boy brow set. It lightly coats my brow hairs with an auburnish tone.. And makes my strong brows look less intense/more natural and match better with my hair color.