August 22, 2014 | 1143 users online

Polishes - OPI - Otherwise Engaged

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This makes my nails look like plastic: Like those slightly iridescent, french manicure, press on types that you get at the drugstore…at least, that's what comes to my mind when I wear this on long nails….and I'd hate that look, except it's on my real nails, so I sort of love it.

Otherwise Engaged is a pretty, light pink with a gorgeous just barely there, pearly iridescence that *glows*, the color sort of whitens my nails and makes them look really clean, pretty…and fake when they're long. It's really gorgeous on short or long nails, I like to wear it with just one coat for a super sheer finish…2+ on longer nails becomes a little too fake/plastic/"done" looking for my liking. I have pale, reddish hands (nw20ish), and I don't see any purple flash or iridescence when this is on my nails, even with a few coats. It's similar to Altar Ego, but a little more subtle, and it's a nice break from very boring basics like Bubble Bath and yet, Otherwise Engaged remains perfectly acceptable for the most formal occasions. It's truly a beautiful "my nails but better" color.

Application is easy, dry time for my one coat is fast, and wear is pretty good at a few days for my abused hands, without a base coat. I don't need a topcoat with Otherwise Engaged, but if I push this polish to a week of wear, I'll add a topcoat to it somewhere around day 3 or 4 just to bump up the shine.

If you love sheers, or are desiring something slightly more than the basic, milky pink, I high recomomend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by rocketqueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Such a pretty neutral! On my NC15 skin it looks slightly lighter, very fresh and good for all year round. I love to wear this when I'm tired of wearing colors and need an alternative. Soft cool-toned transparent pink (almost iridescent). I use two layers, but it looks good with one too - good formula and non-streaky. Would be a perfect 'classic' bridal shade too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My favourite nude nail polish! It last really long, it covers well - I normally use two coatings and then top it with a topcoat but if I only use one layer it covers nicely as well.. I just prefer that the nail polish is not see through which is why I normally use two.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by stls

This was my first opi nail polish. The color is pretty, sheer cool toned pink with subtle lavender sheen, beautiful on fair skin. Looks polished and chick like french manicure. I like the wide brush and overall packaging feels quite sturdy.
But there are downsides too: the color is very sheer. It takes three coats to get the effect I want. Second: too streaky for my liking. Although it's beautiful and I don't regret having it I believe there are better alternatives out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A gorgeous, wearable pink. Cool toned and not super sheer ( but not opaque either, they are sheers, just not so sheer that you think they are clear.) Ballet-like, shiny, great alone or for French. Perfect for a wedding.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by hollyert

This is how I always wanted my nails to look naturally. It lets the bright whites of my nails show through while minimizing the redness of the rest of my nails. Gorgeous. Absolutely a HG polish.

Note that when my profile says "pale" skin, I have the palest of pale skins. I use the lightest color anyone's got of any makeup. This color was delicate enough to not make my nails the same color as my fingertips, which is just nasty.

I don't really notice the lilac sheen to it that others mention, but that could be due to the cheapo fast-dry topcoat I put on (Sally Hansen InstaDri).

Application was kinda goopy, but the little streakyness there was evened itself out. That's the main reason I deducted 1 lipstick was the thickness. Other OPIs definitely have better/thinner application texture without being like Essie (basically water). But considering I got this on extra-extra sale at a drugstore, it may just be an older bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 6:59:00 AM More reviews by BiteMeEricNorthman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love thus color! It's a sheer pink with opalescent lilac undertones. Beautiful! I find it much easier to apply then any Essie pale pink polish. I have to apply three coats, but it's just gorgeous once opaque!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a sucker for opalescent pinks, so I couldn't pass this up. This one is just a little too sheer for me. I layer it over an opaque pink creme to get the look I want.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by footballqueen07

This is a great sheer... I find it to be very unique :) It is a light pink with purple flash that looks awesome on my NC20 skin tone. I like it a bit more opaque so it is 3 coats for me, but it is pretty easy to apply and wears really well.

I love the purple flash in it for the spring. It gives that cool contrast that just looks fresh. Definitely worth a try and lovely for layering.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by TheLeatherB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Nice wearable sheer pink. I love to use this as a top over french tips or just one coat on bare nails makes the look groomed quickly. Very nice basic staple, not the most exciting just very usable.