July 31, 2014 | 1898 users online

Polishes - OPI - Designer Series - DS Opulence

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I love the opi DS line so I'm never disappointed with their DS polishes. And DS opulence was fantastic. It applied well with 2 coats and had staying power like all the other DS varnishes. The colour suited my nc30 skin tone and looked very appropriate for work or play. I paid 14$ Canadian for this though which is a bit more expensive than regular opi polishes... But because the DS line stays on so well, I was more willing to hand them my $$$. The packaging is the same as the other opi polishes and I always loved their pro-wide brushes. I probably would buy this colour again if it were to go on sale though hehe

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by ebidebby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

DS Opulence has a lot of things going for it. The formula is amazing, just like the rest of the DS collection. The color was opaque in two coats, and even without topcoat, it was smooth, shiny, and level.

The color is very subtle and safe. It's a neutral brownish pink with some sparkle and a very, very subtle scattered holographic effect. In the sun, the scattered rainbow is more apparent, but it's still very subdued.

It's a great neutral-with-a-twist, but I prefer a bit more pop, hence the rating of 4 instead of 5. Still, in terms of flawless application, quick dry time, and easy removal, this is an excellent polish!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Browniing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Violet

i picked this up thinking it was a true holo, like most of the DS collection. wrong. i was wondering why i couldnt see any holo from just looking at the bottle. i figured it had to be in sunlight. wrong. this is a weak holo, if that. it's pretty much just glitter. with 2 coats i get opaque results that dry fast. my skintone is nc42 and it somewhat suits my skintone but doesnt flatter my hands. i'm very disappoint in this. it was my first DS from opi and i was excited to try this out but it turned out to be a fail... i wouldnt recommend if you want a true holo and i def wouldnt buy this shade again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by sccs26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ADORE this nail polish! It is very smooth and easy to apply. The color is a mauvey/berry/pink with multi-color shimmer. It is so beautiful, especially in direct sunlight. If you think it looks exactly like DS Reserve, it doesn't. DS Reserve has a more hot pink base w/ no hints of berry or purple. My hands are around NW20, and my mom's hands are around NC40 and it looks great on her too. I highly reccomend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Lvaz86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What a lovely glittery mauve - When I bought DS Opulence, I purchased it together with a bunch of other polishes, but was most excited to wear this one!

To my disappointment, this colour does NOT suit my olive complexion as it completely washes me out. I am not into nudes or subtle colours and I did not expect DS Opulence to look that toned down on me. I had to change the colour the very next day and I even had a hard time making it through the day with it on.

This doesn't mean that it is a bad colour, it just doesn't suit MY skin colour, but I am confident it would look better on more fair skin tones. Application was an absolute breeze and it dried very fast.

It was like a lunchbag letdown, but I wouldn't have known until I tried it on, so I will have to Swap this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by jon534

This is the first OPI DS that I am trying. I was opting for Elegance or Coronation, but most obviously they were all sold out.
I am usually a big fan of pink or any sort of lighter coloured nail polish, however I am not enjoying this tone of pink. It looks dull and worn out. 1 coat usually does the job, but if you want more of a glittery effect then go for 2. This is an amazing polish in direct sunlight, because the glitter creates a rainbow effect that is a pleasure to look at. But don't expect anything spectacular on other occasions; where it is just a splash of glitter that does not really glitter at all.
If you are looking to collect the DS collection then go ahead with this one, but other than that I would not recommend blowing $15 CDN on this particular colour in the DS series.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 8:40:00 AM More reviews by mudpie1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OPI's Designer Series Opulence is a medium rosy mauve holographic polish. While this color is pretty and sparkly like all holos are, it's basically a sparkly mauve but with a weird green flash in some lighting. It's still pretty but not something I'd spend 12.50 on again (although I said I would buy it again because I would if I found it on sale). The holo effect on this one is different than on, say, Chiffon or Elegance - it's more like a glitter effect. The application was a tad off. It has the new formula and while it applied well, I found it a little gloopy. Once I was finished, though, (opaque in two coats) it was super smooth and super shiny. This one could actually go without a top coat if you wanted. Overall, though, I'm giving this a 3 because of the formula and because the color is just, kinda, meh.

EDIT: The picture that I uploaded for this picture shows the exact color of the polish on me, in outdoor light, after three coats. I sometimes have trouble photographing and getting the color to look even close but this one was spot on.