September 22, 2014 | 1225 users online

Hair Treatments - GVP Joico K-Pak

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by hennahead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I discovered this while looking at info on the Joico version. I'm a guy, I have extremely fine hairs , some of them are nearly invisible. I do have a good amount though.I am growing for terminal length and this stuff is making it possible. I use it every two weeks per the bottle instructions and it gives me strength, shine, and makes my hair seem much more substantial. I alternate demi perm hair dye with BAQ henna for my dark auburn color and it completely robbed me of all elasticity. The gvp kpak gave it back. I don't use any heat styling and am very gentle with my hair otherwise. I was having slight breakage, but not anymore. I will never be without this product. I always follow it up with a 20 min. soak in the GVP conditioning balm and it's truly a miracle. In just under 2 years my hair has grown fron completely shaven bald, to nearly past my armpits...WOW. Remember to shake your bottle up because it does separate while it sits. HG for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by serenitysclarity

After dying my blond hair purple then red then covering it with brown, i lost half my hair. I tried egg for protein and mayo/olive oil for deep conditioning, but was still having a lot of breakage and hair falling out. So, after tons of reading reviews, I opted for this GVP reconstructor (comparable to Joico k-pak deep penetrating reconstructor) for a protein treatment and One n' Only Argan oil repairative mask for my deep conditioner to follow. I didnt realize at the time it had protein, too, otherwise I probably would have opted for GVP biolage balm. ... Anyway, I cleansed my hair well, wrang it out well, applied GVP, let it sit for about 10 mintues, rinsed, did the mask, let it sit for about 15 ( instead of the 45 i had planned, since i didnt want protein overload), rinsed, followed w/my homemade (basically whatever i have laying around) leave in conditioning detangler (just an empty detangle bottle filled w/a squirt of each: conditioner, olive oil, sauve heat-defense leave in conditioner and water). Combed thru, blow dried on low cool. Results? Very good. Hair smells AMAZING, super soft and flowly, feels and looks much better. Holding up once fried and breaking ends, There is now a limp smoothness with, wait, where did the split ends go?! ... i can run my fingers through all the way out only getting a slight snag, instead of fingers getting caught halfway thru and breaking off bits. Tho still slightly frizzy on my sides, I beleive after the high results of one use will lead to even more improvement with continued once a week or every other week use. ... i really really wish i bought sooner... side note` i started using prenatal and biotin vitamins to also help my hair from the inside out. .. will update if anything changes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product saved my hair, I kid you not. After one too many chemical processes, I rinsed the last one out (and I mean the LAST ONE, I am sticking to pure, body grade henna and manic panic from now on thankyouverymuch), and the ends of my hair were literally breaking off at my touch! I seriously was using 30 vol developer like all the time. SMART! Well live and learn. Anyway, after 5 minutes of panic and near-tears, I found this stuff in my pantry. I also had the Aphogee treatment but it was 1 am and I just couldn't. Maybe I'll try that next. So I SLATHERED this stuff on my wet hair, slept on it, and in the am rinsed it out and then proceeded to slather wet hair with the GVP matrix balm, which I left in for a few hours. My hair ends, salvaged. They don't look good in any way shape or form, but they're THERE. Thank you GVP K-Pak. I will use for maintenance in less obscene time periods going forward.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have never tried the legit K-Pak but I found this and am in love. The only other deep conditioner I have tried is Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle, which, let's be honest, isn't too deeply conditioning. This product smells a bit like coconut and vanilla and is super thick. It makes my waist-length, dyed hair SO incredibly soft and it actually feel fortified. I use it about once a week and love it. I would absolutely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Works exactly the same as Joico K-PAK except significantly cheaper! I'm a broke college student who can rarely afford high end brands, so this fits the bill! My hair is damaged from frequent highlights and coloring, it's thick and very long/curly. The bottle basically sucks, so I took a lippy off because it takes me a min or two to get the product to come out! Wish it came with a pump dispenser but no worries. They consider this to be a reconstructor and it's meant for very dry & brittle hair, I do not recommend to those who are looking for a basic deep conditioner, this is for ladies and gents who need to save their hair! It smells like vanilla and tropics, and after 3-5 minutes letting it soak into my hair it feels much softer! Proteins contained in this product may have a drying effect on some people, especially if used more than once a week. I recommend following this treatment up with a conditioning balm or deep conditioner to counteract any dryness that occurs. My hair feels softer and full of vitality, the damage is less visible and frizz has been reduced. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by SC2493

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I brought this product because I wanted to restore my curls. I had damaged my hair with heat very badly, so much that the curls in the front portion of my head had completely vanished. I wasn't sure if Joico K-Pak was going to have any effect on my heat damaged 3b curls so I decided to try this instead since the ingredients appeared to be identical + it was significantly cheaper. I didn't really see any results after the first two times I used this, but after my third time using this product I was amazed to see that my hair was curling up again. My curls have finally returned and it's all because of this product. It is truly amazing, and a great value for the price. I always follow up with a good deep conditioner (Sally's GVP of Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm) and my hair looks/feels healthier + is able to hold curls again.This is definitely a HG product for me. My only complaint is that the bottle it comes in kind of sucks. I would prefer a pump dispenser or a jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by julieejuicee

I used the Redken Extreme Deep Fuel and that worked better than this, but got discontinued :( But this is still an excellent protein treatment for my hair. It's been bleached and colored wayyyy too much. I'm Asian and I tried to go blonde-ish lol. But anyways, this stuff works so well for me. I use it once a week, after I shampoo and I use a deep conditioner afterwards. The days I use this, it makes my hair feel sooooo soft and it feels like how my hair used to be before I damaged it...lol. It's cheap too, i'm on my second bottle as well. BUT, I noticed that every time I buy it, there's only one bottle left in the store, so it might be hard to obtain since it seems like a popular product. If you like it, you might want to stock up! Love this stuff, my hair would be a mess without it and I would probably end up cutting it all off if I didn't have this!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Steflebaux

I have fine curly hair, and this makes my hair super dry and frizzy. Shiny, yes, but not worth the dry frizz. wish i could return it :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

Never tried the real-deal Joico stuff...can't afford it. I like this product though. I've put my hair through hell the past couple months and I really think this product helped my hair from breaking and falling off completely. It's coconutty, but not in a way that gags me and gives me a headache. It doesn't linger either. Price is right. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by mua_freak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

great product. i use it once or twice a week and it smells like coconut to me. it leaves my hair a but dry, but my hair is so much more manageable and feels so much stronger. my hair is really damaged and i flat iron on a daily basis, so i need all the strength i can get. definitely try this product out.