April 17, 2014 | 908 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Hns278

I love this powder. I don't use it as solely foundation, in fact I didn't realize it could be used that way until I read these reviews xD. I use this powder with the Cover Girl Clean foundation (both in lightest ivory) and it makes my acne prone skin look (almost) flawless. I only say almost because I have some hyper pigmentation that just will not cover up. I say if you're looking for a good pressed powder take a chance on this because I'm really picky about powders and love it :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Lizzielizay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The color range sucks, they have like no yellow undertone shades at all so I had to get it in the shade 615 which is natural ivory and even that doesn't seems to go with my skin tone! The shades seem to have so much pink undertone, that on my fair skin even natural ivory makes me look like im wearing blush. I also thought this was suppose to be an "oil control makeup powder/foundation" but this actually looks cakey/separated after a couple of hours, so its not good for oily skin. Don't think I will be repurchasing this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

Honestly I don't why I picked this foundation,all the shades have pink undertone really doesn't suit my yellow undertone. It doesn't have enough coverage to be use as a foundation so at the end I depotted mine and put it in my unii palette use it to set my under eye concealer and t-zone. Also for the price you don't really get much. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by savannahm97

Not one of my favorite powders. I have dry skin and my face becomes oily with this powder. It doesn't have great coverage and is expensive for what it is. I now use Rimmel London Stay Matte powders and they are only like $3 I think and you get a lot more product and excellent coverage and staying power. Also, my cover girl powder container broke and it wouldn't shut which is annoying because it would spill all in my bag.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Mewables

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As expected for the price. Nothing special, I keep this product for slapdash application. It gets pretty cakey on the skin when layered for coverage on its own, and for my extremely oily skin, does not control oil at all (then again, no makeup does; does foundation w/benzoyl peroxide exist, that would be perfect)- my t-zone is shiny an hour later. I really like the packaging, though, cute bright blue compact with sponge and mirror, perfect size for stashing even in a clutch, too. I'd use it as a touch up or finishing powder. I'll stick with the old school liquid foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by applecour

Meh. I wasn't super impressed with this. It doesn't really control oil that well. It doesn't break me out which is great, but it doesn't really cover much either. It's like a lighter version of Studio Fix. I'm going to try to use this up, but it may wind up in the trash. One plus is that the lightest shade is a perfect match for me. I can't tell if it oxidizes or not - it doesn't have enough staying powder to even be able to tell. Overall, this powder left a lot to be desired. Not a repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Price: $8 CAD
Pkg: slim compact
Coverage: light, almost medium with sponge
Shine Control: 4-5h

Evens out skintone in a natural way by itself and great for adding a boost to liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by anhitchcock

I absolutely ADORE this. I've worn this product every day for several years and I could not be more impressed. My mom had this product and I was out of town with my family and didn't have my powder with me so I borrowed hers and absolutely fell in love with it. I've been repurchasing ever since. I wouldn't even consider switching powders. Also, since it's a powder foundation, I don't have to spend crazy amounts of money on foundation and just wear this instead. I wear ivory and it's a perfect match for my skin tone, doesn't make me look orange like other powders I've used. It stays on for a long time and doesn't cake up. It covers any kind of blemishes too. It usually lasts me for about 2-3 months. It's 6.24 at my local walmart which is a little more than I would like to pay, but it's worth it because it's cheaper than some other powders and works better. It's well worth the money!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by emilyg98

This is horrible stuff. It's so powdery and cakey. It looks like you have just rubbed chalk all over your face. Once it is on your face the shade changes and goes really pale. I do like how it is compact though. But other than being compact i would definitely NOT recommend this

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by MyLuvrs

I keep coming back to this product. It's a little more pink toned than I would like (in the lightest or second to lightest shades) but it does a great job at controlling oil. I have tried countless drugstore oil-control powders and haven't found a better one. The packaging is slim and simple. I generally use a primer, a few dabs of concealer, and then I apply this powder with a big powder brush. I keep a spare in my purse for touch ups and use a little brush that came with some other product, but the sponge is fine too. I sure hope they don't discontinue this, bc it's becoming harder to find. CVS usually stocks it.