November 28, 2014 | 1926 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Wild Cherry body butter

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I really hated this! I usually like cherry, but this smelt VERY sweet, to the point that it smells bitter - like cherry medicine. It moisturized, but the mango body butter or the "Vitamin E" one are better at moisturizing. I did not manage to use up more than a third before I tossed this - it smelt too bad. Of course, I DID smell it in the store, before buying, but it smells bad only when I actually apply it onto my skin, so try that before you buy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my favourite body butters from the Body Shop. The scent is nice & sweet but not overpowering. I like this especially because the scent lasts several hours after applying - some other scents fade very quickly. Also makes my skin feel soft & smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is now discontinued in UK so I got two of them in a Body Shop Clearance store for 4.50 each inc. my member discount.

It is lovely and thick and smells like cherry sweeties (Chewits, Jolly Ranchers perhaps). You can smell it on yourself for quite a while afterwards. Its easy to use and melts onto your skin and is easy to rub in.
It makes the skin very soft.

Buy while you can!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by brownsugarncutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love The Body Shop's body butters. They are super moisturizing and leave my skin so soft. This was a part of the three mini body butter package that I got for a gift. I took one lippie off because the scent isn't too pleasant to be but it's not horrible either. It's just like all the other body butters from the Body Shop.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 6:21:00 AM More reviews by kirikadawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

It has a delicious cherry yoghurt scent that stole my heart when I first bought it.
Now the good thing is it lasts forever. The jar is really huge. It does moisturize and the scent stays on for a good few hours. Sometimes a bit longer. I guess it depends on the weather.
From the negative side I'd say it's rather hard to put on evenly though works better if my skin is still wet. And I really don't like the jar much, very unhygienic. I think they should sell the small sizes as well (at least my local TBS doesn't), that would help with the hygiene issues as well.
For me points go down for the packaging and the hefty pricetag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

It is very smooth and moisturising. Spreads and absorbs fairly well for winter - way too rich for summer though. The smell is a bit strong and I don't like the fact that it contains silicone ingredients quite high on the list.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It has really strong cherry smell that I do not like. I really wanted to purchase this until I realized I want something else. My favorites still is Moringa and Lemon.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Afiach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I sometimes find that the Wild Cherry Body Butter is often overlooked when compared to the other body butters. Either because of better, more appealing scents or simply because it doesn't offer the super moisturizing qualities of Coconut or Shea butters. But Wild Cherry is not to be dismissed so easily.

It's aimed towards Normal to Dry Skin - which suits my skin perfectly during the Summer. I need something heavier during the Winter. Apart from Japanese Cherry Blossom, it's the only one I'll use during those hot, long months.

It has an energizing, tart scent which absorbs nicely into the skin. It's creamy, leaves your skin amazingly soft and lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by missichicki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this. It does a great job on my skin. I agree with other reviewers, the fragrance is something like hard candy, not cherry, but I actually like that. It's fun. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because there's at least four fragrances of BB I like better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2011 4:33:00 AM More reviews by exoticrum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found the scent of this Body Butter too strong. It was sweet but not very appealing. The consistency is just fine, like a thicker version of lotion. This Body Butter was on sale for about $8 but I'd rather buy other variants (such as Mango, which has been my ultimate favorite).