August 28, 2014 | 1705 users online

Eye Shadow - Estee Lauder - Sand and Sea palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

The colours are very nice. The four neutral shades are perfect for everyday wear. The dark brown shade is also great for smoking it up for a smokey eye. The two blue shades are very beautiful. The light blue gives a very nice blue-ish shade, whereas the bright blue is perfect for eye-lining, or even smoking it out for a dramatic blue eye. It comes with a small sponge tip applicator, as well as a brush on the other end. The brush isn't all that bad. I won't throw it out as I'm sure it'll be handy. This set will definitely travel with me as it has the nicest colours for a neutral look, as well as a nice bright eye. The quality of these eyeshadows are 5/5. They are smooth, pigmented yet easy to blend. The packaging is really nice. There's a magnet snap-closure so I'm not worried about the thing falling apart. It also comes with a mirror that is big enough for me to do my complete eye make up with it. It is sleek, and compact, meaning I can bring this wherever I go if I need a touch up.
As for the price, I got this for $26 at a CCO. $26 dollars for 6 shadows = $4 dollars what not for each shadow!!!
Great Deal. Perfect if you want to try the shadows without spending too much!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by pavitt

Estee Lauder's Sand and Sea Palette contains the best eyeshadows I have ever used. The eyeshadow goes on very smoothly and they go on sheer for a more natural look or darker for a dramtic look. The colors look great on my very light skin. I also love the shimmer! This is the best thing I have bought with $40 in a while. I think $40 for 6 high quality eyeshadows is a great price. I would definatley repurchase this product. Good job Estee Lauder!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Holly40

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these colors for the spring and summer. Perfect for mix and match and great for blending in new colors. Worth the $30 sum.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

higher than usual quality for EL. the price was great for so many shadows. this palette is a collection of warm golds and bright turquoise blues, and i love it. blendable, smooth, long wearing..IMO better than one expects from estee. i recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 2:33:00 AM More reviews by hotdot2122

This is the new eye shadow palette with the Summer 2009 Bronze Goddess collection. This palette is amazing! It has 6 shades, all which are very usable! There is a bright blue, a light blue, copper brown, gold, beige and light brown shade. They have good pigmentation, very smooth, and are creamy and blendable. It works well with a base and without, and lasts all day. I love that you can do so many different looks with this palette--from fun aqua looks to bronzy gold and brown. I even wear looks with all the colors put together. The packaging is a sturdy bronze soft case that holds up well and magnetizes close. It has a nice big mirror and each eye shadow is quite large and should last a very long time--you definitely get your moneys worth.

I have been wanting a versatile summer eye palette for years and Estee nailed it on the head! I bought something similar a few summers ago from Bobbi Brown called Sea and Sand palette and that one was terrible--all the colors were silver, about half the size, twice the price and horrible color payoff. This palette puts Bobbi's to full on shame!

The only negative is the deep copper brown isn't as rich as it looks, but its acutally better this way. It goes on a softer medium brown that compliments the other shades perfectly. I can do a soft contour, rim my eyes like eyeliner or layer it on for full on drama. If it went on as rich as it looks it might not be as wearable is it truly is.

This is such a gorgeous mix of blues, golds and neutrals that are perfect for summer. I am so impressed with this palette! So touche' Estee for making the best summer eye palette I've ever laid hands on!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No