September 1, 2014 | 1064 users online

Lipstick - Bourjois - So Delicate Lip Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by PandoraSue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this on on sale for 99 cents (shade 56 - Prune Sophistiqué), thinking it would be more like a gloss, but it's a hundred times better.

The applicator is a doefoot, like a gloss, but the product itself is a lovely cream matte lipstick. It's very natural on my lips and it doesn't have a drying effect. I love the pagkage, it's sleek and elegant and it fits even in the smallest of purses.

The only inconvenient is that it needs to be reapplied very often, but other than that this product is fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I have the shade 'Rose Veloute (53) - a neutral brownish pink colour. What I like about this is that they are extremely pigmented, creamy and dry to a matte-like finish without accentuating the lines on my lips or moving into the crevices. Be careful if you have dry patches they will tend to be accentuated when using this. To prevent them feeling too dry or "stiff" on my lips I use a clear gloss over it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 7:41:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Bourjois So Delicate lip cream in Rouge Chic (57) is exactly what I was looking for: a lip stain that's matte, non-drying, and in a similar finish to old-fashioned matte lipsticks. Rouge Chic is a vivid, deep red, a true red with no discernable undertones (on me). I chose the Bourjois lip cream over NARS Indian Red stain gloss because the Bourjois lip cream does not contain cyclopentaxiloane (my skin can't tolerate cyclopentaxiloane.)

The only things that might be problematic for some people are: 1) Bourjois lip creams are $23 in Australia and there doesn't seem to be much product in the tube, so it may be better to spend money on a Revlon matte lipstick provided you can find a colour that you like. 2) Your lips need to be in good condition to wear this product. It looks like it might be a lipgloss because it's in a tube, but it's not a gloss and while it's not drying, it's not moisturising either.

Edit: I find that Revlon's matte lipsticks wear off evenly while Bourjois lip creams wear off in patches. But the lip creams are easier to wear sheerly because they are not as intensely pigmented as Revlon mattes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 4:14:00 AM More reviews by mickey5252

This product applies like a gloss, but it provides you with a matte finish. I have this in shade 51 Rose Poudra, which is already the lightest in HK, so if you prefer nude shades this might not be the product for you.

The pigmentation and staying power is very good, but it is strongly scented and it kinds of bother me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by lulu4

Colors are subtle, wearable, comfortale and lasts!
because of its creamy texture, I can apply over lip lines to make the lips look fuller!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by meerabel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I have #55 Fuschia Delicat, and it's the perfect deep pink for my olive-medium skin tone. It glides on like a cream and sets to a lovely velvety finish. It isn't drying, and the pigment lasts and lasts.
Best of all, this gives me a seriously va-va-voom pout - no other product I've tried, not even 'plumping' lipglosses, have given me a Scarlett Johansson kisser like this does. My friends always comment on my lips when I'm wearing this, and when I tell them it's a lipstick some have actually rushed out, on the spot, to buy it! I hope this is a permanent product, I'd be bereft if they ever discontinue it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by makeupobssessed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with all bourjois lip products ranging from there liptints, lipsticks,and lipglosses. rose poudre is by far one of my favourites, it is a really gorgeous cool toned pinky color that surprising applies quite bright on my lips and has that definate wow factor. They have a really creamy texture with a matte finish feels almost velvety after a few hours it looses it color you do have to reapply, which is why i am giving this only 3 lipsticks. The scent to these are quite lovely, reminds me of baby powder. I will be repurchasing this colour and getting a back up. I hope they do no discontinue.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by lola4000

Oh my! I love this product. I have it in colour 51 rose and it is so creamy and smooth with amazing colour payoff! Love love love this. Would defo recommend it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in #55 Fuchsia Delicat. This is one of my favourite lip products! It applies with a doe-foot applicator and sets to a feather-light, matte finish. And my goodness, this really does last! Unless you eat something a bit oily, you can expect this to stay put all day. It doesn't dehydrate the lips like some matte finish products can. This shade is beautiful on me. A deep, muted rose. I really like it a lot (I am NC20). I want to try more shades but unfortunately there only seems to be 6 shades available in Australia and 3 don't appeal. :-( Come on Bourjois - more shades please!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 12:31:00 AM More reviews by StaceyRoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tend to agree that Bourjois is an under-rated brand, I generally find it better quality than other d/s brands. I've got this lipcream in voile de peche, which is a neutral/peachy colour. Really pretty. Love that it applies like a lipgloss but dries to a powdery (in a good way) / velvety finish. And I got this for $5 AUD - gotta love that! One lippie off cause I don't find this lipcream particularly moisturizing, although it is advertised as providing '8 hrs of moisture'.