December 18, 2014 | 1143 users online

Mascara - Blinc Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by MUAsAlbino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Tubing mascaras have been a godsend for me since I discovered them in 2012. I am ecstatic to seeing more pop up on the market & have tried nearly all of them out there. For reference - my favorite is Boots No 7 Stay Perfect tubing mascara. However Blinc ORIGINAL (not the Amplified version) is a VERY close second. In fact they are almost identical in formula. The tie breaker is Boots has a better brush that individually coats every lash and separates them. Doesn't hurt that I can pick up Boots No 7 Stay Perfect tubing mascara for $8 at Target, either.

Moving forward, just because a mascara is waterproof - does NOT mean it is smudge-proof. Tears from my eyes have never been my concern when applying mascara. It is the oil my pizza-face produces that removes mascara and causes it to smudge, leaving me with the dreaded raccoon eye look. Since warm water is the only thing that can remove tubing mascara, it works perfectly for us oily skinned gals.

I really like Blinc's formula. It is wetter than a lot of it's competition & doesn't leave you with spider lashes. When you remove it at night, it comes off in tubes (vs random flakes). The same formula is used for both the original version and the amplified version. I prefer Blinc's original version as the brush is more forgiving for my small eyes & gives a natural look. The amplified version has a much bigger & thicker brush which gives more intense volume to lashes but makes precision much more difficult.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Mawatson00

This is the first mascara I've ever used that has ACTUALLY lengthened and volumized my lashes. I used Benefit They're Real mascara for a while, but the bottle dried out quickly and didn't have the same effects as this product. While a bit pricy, it both goes on and comes off very easily, and stays on very well throughout the day!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Aritzia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

perfect for if you want a look so natural it looks like you're literally wearing 0 mascara, might as well not put on any mascara. adding a lippie because i wish all mascaras washed off in these cool messy-free tubes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Ameliahill

I first used this for my wedding, and now I'm hooked. It provides volume, lengthens and most of all, is the first mascara I've ever used that doesn't smudge or give me raccoon eyes. I haven't tried other tubing mascaras, so when this runs out I may try a drugstore brand to see how they compare. Overall, I feel I've gotten a good deal for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by hellolotte

This is the best mascara I have ever used. It lengthens & never smudges. I've been using for 3 years & my days of trying other brands are over. A+++

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

My lashes - Stick straight, so I always use a lash curler. My eyes water and my lids get oily by the end of the day. My lashes are black, so as long as the mascara comes in black, I'm satisfied.

Waterproof/oilproof? - Yes / Yes. And sweatproof also.

Adds volume? - Some.

Adds length? - Moderate.

Adds definition? - No. Wet formula makes my sparse lashes stick together.

Holds curl? - Not well; pulls the curl out.

Removal? - SUPER easy. Rinse with warm water (or in the shower), then slide the mascara off by gently pinching the lashes between thumb and finger and pulling away from the face. The removed "tubes" of mascara look more like short black Silly String.

Packaging - Straight silver-white plastic tube. Brush head is a straight, skinny spoolie with the bristles in a wide-spaced spiral.

Other comments - Blinc used to call their mascara Kiss Me Mascara, but the ingredients list changed and now it's just Blinc Mascara. Still a great tubing mascara - it doesn't flake or feel stiff, and has a nice glossy finish. But this formula is even wetter than it used to be. My lashes stick together like mad and the brush design doesn't help. When I apply it I can see all my crimping work being undone, and by the time I've run a lash comb through my lashes are pretty much straight again :/

Overall - I love tubing mascaras but I can't make this work for me.

UPDATE - I can make this work for me if I scrape as much off the brush as I can when pulling it out of the tube. In my book that's a PITA, so though I will try finish off this tube (I hate letting money go to waste), I'm not going to buy this mascara again. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Chloeelliex

I can't really remember how much I paid for this but it's amazing I can one coat and I can look natural or the day them or I can 2/3 coats and I a nice long/thick lash look with out it feeling Cakey or anything.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by darkskyequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this one. I feel like the formula is just too heavy and watery. It won't hold a curl and the lashes clump together so they look way more sparse than normal. Also as I apply it it sometimes splashes off of the brush and end up on my cheek or upper eyelid no matter if I wipe off the excess. I have had a few times where a few tubes have come off onto my cheek even though I didn't add any water. Don't know why. The only things that I LOVE about this mascara is that it makes your lashes look shiny and black and it's soo weird/fun to remove. I won't buy this again unless somehow with age it gets better. I love the tube concept though but perhaps the formula needs some refining.

UPDATE: I'm increasing to 4 stars now. The formula is aging nicely (a little drier) after a few weeks of random use and this is making it much nicer to use. I have been wearing it every day lately and Im getting better lash seperation and definition.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by JALT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only mascara I trust! My eyelids tend to get oily during the day and every other mascara ends up smudged or under my eyes. I used waterproof mascara for years and found that no matter how much remover I used the night before, I would wake up with raccoon eyes that sometimes didn't even wash off in my morning shower. Plus I hated rubbing my eyes with cotton pads and makeup removers. Blinc never smudges or flakes. It comes off as stringy "tubes" with warm water and gently stroking your fingers over your lashes. Even though this sounds a little worrisome for people who are concerned about tugging out lashes, I find that removal invoves less pulling/tugging than applying undereye concealer or removing regular mascara.

This is not an ideal product for people who like to build and create extremely dramatic or false-looking lashes; it's a solution for individuals like myself who can't wear regular mascara for our everyday look.

After re-purchasing this multiple times, the only downfall I found was that you have to watch for build up around the lip of the tube. When the product starts to build up around the opening, the tube doesn't close properly and then dries up very quickly!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by FoxTanFauxPas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I first tried this in the $10 Sephora black friday set. Loved it, but the price point is a bit high at $26. Wasn't sure if I could justify buying a full size. I loved the "tubing" concept, so I tried out some other drugstore tubing mascaras. Maybelline Mega Plush is the only one worth mentioning, it's nice, but it doesn't perform as well as Blinc. It is great for a srugstore mascara though. Anyhow, I saw that Sephora had ANOTHER great deal, the Lash Stash To Go for $25 with 5 mascara samples and a coupon for a full size mascara of your choice, and Blinc is one of the 5 samples! And you essentially save a dollar PLUS get 5 free mascara samples when you buy the Lash Stash... can't complain!

On to the review: Blinc does NOT transfer during the day. That's why I am willing to pay a higher price for this mascara and not complain anymore. I have tried several other tubing mascaras and a bajillion other mascaras, both drugstore and high end, and they ALL end up smudging on my lids by the end of a long 12 hour day. BLINC does NOT smudge, even after 18+ hours of wear. It's amazing! It lengthens the lashes a lot, thus the "tubing" aspect. Each layer forms a little coat over your lashes and it keeps getting longer, and a bit thicker. The mascara is a wetter formula that dries quickly, so that you can keep building it up without clumping.

The only "con" I can think of is that it's messy after you take it off, there's a bunch of little black tubes in your sink after you rinse. At least you can tell it's working!
Will rebuy this again for sure, looking out for deals on it first, but if I don't find one, I will pay full price. It's worth it.