March 1, 2015 | 917 users online

Mascara - Blinc Mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2015 8:08:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm really incredibly disappointed in this mascara. I had really high hopes for it, and it's pretty bad.

I have oily lids, and a big problem finding mascaras that don't leave me looking like a panda or racoon. I thought this would be good for that problem. I bought it in a set where you got a smaller size of the Blinc Amplified with it, so that made it a slightly better value.

First, it's really wet. REALLY wet. And when I apply it, it ends up all over my lids. I'm not a makeup rookie, I don't have this problem with other mascaras, but I have a hard time putting this on without making a big mess. It doesn't do much for my lashes, either; no thickening, no lengthening. Just kind of makes them black and wet. And clumped together. I look like I have fewer lashes, cuz they just kind of stick together. Then as the day goes on, flakes. Lots of flakes. And racoon eyes, even though it's a tubing mascara that isn't supposed to do that. I wish I would have brought it back. But I guess I've waited too long. I keep trying to make it work, but it's time to give up.

The Amplified formula is not much better. I guess the only difference is that the brush on the Amplified separates and gives a bit more fullness.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2015 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yeah, this was exceptionally disappointing. I'd rather use Maybelline Great Lash mascara to give you an idea of how low my opinion is of this mascara. Not only is it ineffective as a mascara in that it doesn't add length or volume, but it also flakes all over the place. By mid-morning I had teeny tubes all over my cheeks.

I used it twice (just to validate my assumptions that this mascara is utter crap) and haven't used it since. Won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2015 5:03:00 PM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very disappointed i decided go give this a shot.
Purchased in sephora at my visit to NY from Australia after a few rave reviews.
Very unremarkable brush, more like the oldschool spiral brush with nothing to define and separate lashes- reminds me of Maybelline Great Lash.
Formula remains wet for a good deal of time, and makes my thin blonde lashes just look darker: no volume or ...anything! Wispy, sad but blackened and weighed down lashes. The only thing i liked was the skinny mascara tube encased in a metal tube. It felt sturdy, but no good if the product is a lost cause.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2015 11:12:00 PM More reviews by asideofladies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was unremarkable for me. I thought I would try it out since I've never used a tubing mascara before, but the formula was just really wet and got everywhere. Not worth the price at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by CBPrincess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS! Being on set I have had almost every madcara used on me...and this one doesn't smudge or flake and gives me long, thick lashes. I used to wear They're Real mascara, but when I got onset they would always add more mascara! NOT with this product! My lashes are now 'perfect' and l love it! I work 18+ hour days sometimes, and the mascara never budges! The rest of my makeup, especially my eyeshadow (oily lids) gets retouched, but my Blinc mascara stays perfect! Note that I'm not sure how people 'get splashed' with mascara? I have never had this happen. I do clean off the top of the tube when I'm done applying (per the instructions included with the mascara), so the non-closing & drying out hasn't been an issue either. This will be the only mascara I ever buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by MUAsAlbino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Tubing mascaras have been a godsend for me since I discovered them in 2012. I am ecstatic to seeing more pop up on the market & have tried nearly all of them out there. For reference - my favorite is Boots No 7 Stay Perfect tubing mascara. However Blinc ORIGINAL (not the Amplified version) is a VERY close second. In fact they are almost identical in formula. The tie breaker is Boots has a better brush that individually coats every lash and separates them. Doesn't hurt that I can pick up Boots No 7 Stay Perfect tubing mascara for $8 at Target, either.

Moving forward, just because a mascara is waterproof - does NOT mean it is smudge-proof. Tears from my eyes have never been my concern when applying mascara. It is the oil my pizza-face produces that removes mascara and causes it to smudge, leaving me with the dreaded raccoon eye look. Since warm water is the only thing that can remove tubing mascara, it works perfectly for us oily skinned gals.

I really like Blinc's formula. It is wetter than a lot of it's competition & doesn't leave you with spider lashes. When you remove it at night, it comes off in tubes (vs random flakes). The same formula is used for both the original version and the amplified version. I prefer Blinc's original version as the brush is more forgiving for my small eyes & gives a natural look. The amplified version has a much bigger & thicker brush which gives more intense volume to lashes but makes precision much more difficult.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Mawatson00

This is the first mascara I've ever used that has ACTUALLY lengthened and volumized my lashes. I used Benefit They're Real mascara for a while, but the bottle dried out quickly and didn't have the same effects as this product. While a bit pricy, it both goes on and comes off very easily, and stays on very well throughout the day!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Aritzia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

perfect for if you want a look so natural it looks like you're literally wearing 0 mascara, might as well not put on any mascara. adding a lippie because i wish all mascaras washed off in these cool messy-free tubes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Ameliahill

I first used this for my wedding, and now I'm hooked. It provides volume, lengthens and most of all, is the first mascara I've ever used that doesn't smudge or give me raccoon eyes. I haven't tried other tubing mascaras, so when this runs out I may try a drugstore brand to see how they compare. Overall, I feel I've gotten a good deal for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by hellolotte

This is the best mascara I have ever used. It lengthens & never smudges. I've been using for 3 years & my days of trying other brands are over. A+++