August 21, 2014 | 1516 users online

Mascara - Blinc Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

My lashes - Stick straight, so I always use a lash curler. My eyes water and my lids get oily by the end of the day. My lashes are black, so as long as the mascara comes in black, I'm satisfied.

Waterproof/oilproof? - Yes! Yes! And sweatproof also.

Adds volume? - Some.

Adds length? - Moderate.

Adds definition? - Yes.

Holds curl? - Yes.

Removal? - SUPER easy. Rinse with warm water (or in the shower), then slide the mascara off by gently pinching the lashes between thumb and finger and pulling away from the face. The "tubes" of mascara look more like short black Silly String.

Packaging - Straight silver-white plastic tube. Brush head is a straight, skinny spoolie with the bristles in a neat spiral.

Other comments - Definitely loving tubing mascaras - no smudges, no panda eyes! Most "waterproof" formula mascaras aren't truly waterproof or get eaten my the oils on my face - but not this. Doesn't flake, feel stiff, or look spidery. Nice glossy finish. Works best when applied to dry, clean lashes. Formula is a bit on the "wet" side so be careful while your lashes dry.

Comparisons - Blinc used to call their mascara Kiss Me Mascara, but the ingredients list changed and now it's just Blinc Mascara. Still a great tubing mascara. Also, I would like to note that, compared to the Amplified version, the brush head on this one works infinitely better for me, for separating and defining my lashes.

Overall - HG status mascara for me! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Chloeelliex

I can't really remember how much I paid for this but it's amazing I can one coat and I can look natural or the day them or I can 2/3 coats and I a nice long/thick lash look with out it feeling Cakey or anything.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by darkskyequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this one. I feel like the formula is just too heavy and watery. It won't hold a curl and the lashes clump together so they look way more sparse than normal. Also as I apply it it sometimes splashes off of the brush and end up on my cheek or upper eyelid no matter if I wipe off the excess. I have had a few times where a few tubes have come off onto my cheek even though I didn't add any water. Don't know why. The only things that I LOVE about this mascara is that it makes your lashes look shiny and black and it's soo weird/fun to remove. I won't buy this again unless somehow with age it gets better. I love the tube concept though but perhaps the formula needs some refining.

UPDATE: I'm increasing to 4 stars now. The formula is aging nicely (a little drier) after a few weeks of random use and this is making it much nicer to use. I have been wearing it every day lately and Im getting better lash seperation and definition.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by JALT

This is the only mascara I trust! My eyelids tend to get greasy during the day and every other mascara ends up smudged or under my eyes. I used waterproof mascara for years and found that no matter how much remover I used the night before, I would wake up with raccoon eyes that sometimes didn't even wash off in my morning shower. Plus I hated rubbing my eyes with cotton pads and makeup removers. Blinc never smudges or flakes. It comes off as stringy "tubes" with warm water and gently stroking your fingers over your lashes. Removal invoves less pulling/tugging than applying undereye concealer or removing regular mascara.

This is not an ideal product for people who like to build and create extremely dramatic or false-looking lashes; it's a solution for individuals like myself who can't wear regular mascara for our everyday look.

The only downfall with this product is that it is the only mascara I've ever used that dries up. I use it about 4-5 times a week and it begins to dry up after about 4 months. When the product starts to build up around the opening, the tube doesn't close properly and dries up very quickly!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by FoxTanFauxPas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I first tried this in the $10 Sephora black friday set. Loved it, but the price point is a bit high at $26. Wasn't sure if I could justify buying a full size. I loved the "tubing" concept, so I tried out some other drugstore tubing mascaras. Maybelline Mega Plush is the only one worth mentioning, it's nice, but it doesn't perform as well as Blinc. It is great for a srugstore mascara though. Anyhow, I saw that Sephora had ANOTHER great deal, the Lash Stash To Go for $25 with 5 mascara samples and a coupon for a full size mascara of your choice, and Blinc is one of the 5 samples! And you essentially save a dollar PLUS get 5 free mascara samples when you buy the Lash Stash... can't complain!

On to the review: Blinc does NOT transfer during the day. That's why I am willing to pay a higher price for this mascara and not complain anymore. I have tried several other tubing mascaras and a bajillion other mascaras, both drugstore and high end, and they ALL end up smudging on my lids by the end of a long 12 hour day. BLINC does NOT smudge, even after 18+ hours of wear. It's amazing! It lengthens the lashes a lot, thus the "tubing" aspect. Each layer forms a little coat over your lashes and it keeps getting longer, and a bit thicker. The mascara is a wetter formula that dries quickly, so that you can keep building it up without clumping.

The only "con" I can think of is that it's messy after you take it off, there's a bunch of little black tubes in your sink after you rinse. At least you can tell it's working!
Will rebuy this again for sure, looking out for deals on it first, but if I don't find one, I will pay full price. It's worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by rasbperries

I bought this mascara because I wanted to try another tubing mascara, after having used up a tube of the L'Oreal Double Extend mascara. I found that one to be just okay, although it did live up to the promise of no smudging. I figured a high end brand would maybe give better results, and I had a gift card so the price on this didn't seem quite as terrible (it was about $30CAD, which is pretty high end).

However, I can't say this mascara is worth the money at all. It comes in a nice tube, has a decent brush, but the formula is way too wet and every time I use it I end up with mascara all over my face. If you like wet mascaras then maybe it'll work better for you. But the real problem is that it just doesn't make my lashes look that nice - they're always clumped together, and the wet formula means it's REALLY easy to mess it up and make the clumping worse. If I apply this very carefully with no liquid eyeliner first (which can clump my lashes a bit) then it gives an ok look, with minimal smudging throughout the day (there is generally a small bit of flaking, however, which I'm not thrilled about), but I don't pay $30 for a mascara that works "ok, some of the time". Next time I repurchase I'll probably just get the L'Oreal - it's a drier formula and 1/3 the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by sxs

I found nothing special about this product. It doesn't lengthen as much the Benefit They're Real that I usually use and it doesn't hold a curl very well. Meh.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by MandyinNYC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using tubing mascara for a while, but the L'Oreal Double Extend brand. I bought the Blinc as part of a special set on sale at Sephora--I got a full size of the lengthening and a mini of the volumizing for $26.

This stuff is OK, it doesn't smudge or run. However, it flakes something awful. I wear contacts and I'd regularly find bits of this in my eyes, trapped on my contacts. The formula is also quite thin, and I'd often get some small bits on my eyelids while applying it. The lengthening and the volumizing both provide much less dramatic results than the L'Oreal tubing mascara does. After using this for two months and suffering through yet another day of gunky black stuff in my eyes, I went back to the L'Oreal.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've owned this tubing mascara in black for 5 months and have used it almost every day. It is very natural looking and enhances the look of lashes just enough to make it worth putting on. What made me keep coming back was knowing that I could put it on and not worry about it migrating until I washed it off with warm water at night. That being said, I'm not sure I'd buy this mascara again. It's pricey at $20+, gives minimal lash enhancement and now that the tube is older, I notice flakes under my eyes from time to time. Also, in the beginning, the formula was more watery and tended to remove the curl I had fastidiously crimped into my lashes. This is worth trying if you are low maintenance and like a natural look.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

I do not have the time nor the patience to use this mascara. This is my first time using a tube mascara and will probably be my last. I don't have very thick lashes so volumizing mascaras are my favorite, and unfortunately this mascara is only good at lengthening my lashes. Also, this is a super wet formula and clumps my sparse lashes into five large spider legs. Since I have hooded eyelids, it's pretty much impossible not to get specs of black stuff all over my upper and lower lids. I'm returning my tube ASAP!