Blinc Mascara

3.6

NEW FORMULA: Water, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Tromethamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Pentasodium Triphosphate. [May Contain: Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]. OLD FORMULA (Black): Water (Aqua), Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. [May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Mica, Titanium Dioxide]

I bought this mascara as a mini set with the lash primer on Black Friday. This is my first time trying tubing mascara. To remove this type of mascara, you simply need to wash with water and the mascara comes off in little rubber tubes. I liked that this was easier on my lashes and also that I didn't need to do any extra work to remove mascara from the base of my lashes (there is no mascara residue).

This mascara does a good job of lengthening, but it's not very volumizing. Because of this (and also because I prefer traditional mascara) I will not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Waterproof! No flaking, no smudging! I love the deep patent black color. I don't wear this every day, I save it for rainy days, extremely humid days or trips to the pool or beach. l love it. I've got plenty of length already what I really desire is volume, but the benefits of this mascara outweigh the lack of volume addition. What you can expect are long, defined, clump free lashes. I does look a bit strange and latex-like when removing. Great for contact lens wearers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My review of this mascara is from a different perspective - I have dry eyes, treated with Restasis. I had given up on being able to wear mascara; my eyes would be so dry and miserable after a few hours of wearing it. I read somewhere that tube mascaras were better for sensitive eyes, so I ordered this Blinc mascara. I can wear this all day long and not feel like my eyes are sore and dry. It might not be the most volumizing formula, but I am thrilled to be able to wear mascara again. It also seems to hold a curl in my lashes. Definitely worth a try if your eyes are dry and/or sensitive!

My first tubing mascara. Easy to remove with just water, good packaging, but definitely too watery ( I end up staining my eyelid when applying) and does not give any volume.
Would not repurchase but will try the amplified blinc mascara as I read it adds up volume.

OK but not great.

Its tube mascara so for me its always going to be better than the alternatives. However its - for me - by far not the best tube mascara I've found.

I do prefer my mascara quite dry and not too blobby and I found this - in comparison to my usual Mirenesse - wet and rather messy. I was dissapointed as the blue colour was lovely and its great to find tube mascara in something other than plain black so I was looking forward to the blue tube (after the sample) but it was basically too wet and left me with wet clumps.

I shoved it in the back of the drawer some time ago so who knows - now its older (and I officially probably shouldn't use it at all) it might have improved!

This is the ONLY mascara that I use! A lot of people are complaining about how it's hard to build and add volume, and I agree, but for my own personal look I like sticking with only one coat of mascara. I have oily lids and this stuff doesn't budge all day. Plus I like how it comes off so cleanly with just water. I've used tons of kinds of mascara and this is the only one that doesn't end up under my eyes at the end of a long day.

I had to thank my best friend for giving this to me as a Christmas gift because it changed my world... I finally found the one.
It doesn't clump and taking it off is a breeze. I just use water to remove it and it crumbles right off.
I'm for sure that it's water resistant because I cried and sweated with it on. It gave me length and it is buildable...
It does not give me "panda eyes" by the end of the day, yay!

The formula can be irritating because it clumps and gets hard around the rim of the tube and dries out... It's pretty pricy but I will continue to be using it, unless there's a cheaper alternative that does the same performance.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Blinc has an interesting take on mascara, and I do like the look of the "tube technology." Blinc completely coats my lashes inky black. There are two versions and various colors available on the Sephora site. The big, bushy Amplified brush reminds me of the Diorshow brush, although Dior builds much more volume. I find the Amplified brush a bit unwieldy compared to the original Blinc brush which is narrower and allows you to catch hard-to-reach lashes.

PROS:

1. It builds good volume and length. Not as much as a "falsie" mascara, though.
2. It does coat the lashes more evenly than traditional mascara. If you're skilled and patient, you can coat lashes just fine with normal mascara, but I do like the inky tubes.
3. Variety: Amplified comes in two colors, brown and black. The original Blinc with the standard brush comes in two shades of brown as well as black, green, blue, and purple.
4. It's water resistant. (Not waterproof.)
5. The original Blinc brush shape can be manipulated to get to lower lashes. This is more awkward with the Amplified brush.
6. Blinc is cruelty free.

CONS:

1. As the reviewer before me noted, it is odd to see all that black stuff come off when you wash your face. You're not losing your actual lashes, but it looks scary. I'm getting used to it.
2. $26 is pricey.
3. If you want lots of volume, you have to use a mascara primer under it.

INGREDIENTS OF THE AMPLIFIED VERSION:

-Acrylates Copolymer.

Water, Acrylates Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Nylon-66, Aminomethyl Propanol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Ammonium Hydroxide, o-Cymen-5-OL, Laureth-12, Methylisothiazolinone. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- lashes are relatively soft; not stiff or brittle
- does not flake
- no clumping
- neither wet nor thick formula
- does not irritate my eyes (contact lens wearer)
- no smudging or raccoon eyes
- bristles work for me

Cons:
- freaky when cleaning it off; like black sand all over my face
- comes off easy with Shu Uemura emulsifier or creamy remover
- formula dries out after a month or so
- spendy

Bought the Lash & Brow Discovery Duo on sale. Been curious about tube mascaras. Wanted something to be volumizing. Never tried crying nor rubbing to see if its claims of not running would hold. No difference versus waterproof drugstore mascara. Now I can say - been there, done that - no biggie. Rated average because it does what it says but too expensive to repurchase every month or so.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Duration of use: 4 months. I've uploaded a couple of picture to show how this looks on me. The colour are all wrong - thanks to the picture-correcting program being "upgraded" (now I can't correct colours)

I got this in blue - that was the colour that was on sale at the time. It's a good colour for those who don't want black. You will not immediately see that it's blue because it's quite dark, but it's definitely not as harsh as black.

This had a very thin/wet formula at first. Not so wet that it ran down my lashes, but it didn't coat them very well - the result was... Natural, I guess, but I could also end up with spider-leg-looking lashes (they are quite long and depend on being coated evenly). When the formula was at its wettest, I applied by just brushing upwards - if I wiggled the wand, it could suddenly leave droplets of mascara on my lashes, making them look clumpy. When it dried a little, I could wiggle the wand from side to side, but the wand still gave very little separation. This also doesn't volumize, which is OK for me on some days. I didn't have any problems with curl with this one - it didn't weigh down my lashes.

Because of the tubing formula, applying this in several layers was impossible: it dried quickly, made the lashes stiffen, and if I attempted another layer, it either felt like I was trying to pull out my lashes, or I pulled the tubes off. This mascara becomes quite stiff and dry when it dries - more than anything I've tried before.

I liked the tubing aspect of it! It is really easy to take off, doesn't smudge during the day, doesn't irritated my eyes, didn't flake on me, held up well in heat, but does not hold up to tears (I think all of this will be common to good tubing mascara though).

The main reason I give this mascara its rating is the brush: it's awful for my lashes. The "spikes" on it are placed so far apart that it doesn't separate my sparse lashes properly. The result is that my lashes get clumped together into fewer, bigger lashes - I think it looks quite ugly. The second thing is that I think the formula didn't quite work for my lash length. This mascara is also quite expensive. For about the same price, I'll rather buy Clinique Lash Power in original or volumizing formula.I have not tried the Amplified version, but the brush looks promising, at least.

Popular Mascaras