Blinc Mascara

3.5

NEW FORMULA: Water, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Tromethamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Pentasodium Triphosphate. [May Contain: Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]. OLD FORMULA (Black): Water (Aqua), Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. [May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Mica, Titanium Dioxide]

on 8/2/2015 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Blinc has an interesting take on mascara, and I do like the look of the "tube technology." Blinc completely coats my lashes inky black.

There are two versions and various colors available on the Sephora site. The big, bushy Amplified brush reminds me of the Diorshow brush, although Dior builds much more volume. I find the Amplified brush a bit unwieldy compared to the original Blinc brush, and unfortunately it doesn't give you the popular false eyelash look.

PROS:

It builds some volume and length. Not as much as a "falsie" mascara, though.

It does coat the lashes more evenly than traditional mascara. If you're skilled and patient, you can coat lashes just fine with normal mascara, but I do like the inky tubes.

Amplified comes in two colors, brown and black. The original Blinc with the standard brush comes in two shades of brown as well as black, green, blue, and purple.

It's water resistant. (Not waterproof.)

The original Blinc brush shape can be manipulated to get to lower lashes. This is more awkward with the Amplified brush.

Blinc is cruelty free.

CONS:

As the reviewer before me noted, it is odd to see all that black stuff come off when you wash your face. You're not losing your actual lashes, but it looks scary. I'm getting used to it.

$26 is pricey.

If you want lots of volume, you have to use a mascara primer under it.

INGREDIENTS OF THE AMPLIFIED VERSION:

-Acrylates Copolymer.

Water, Acrylates Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Nylon-66, Aminomethyl Propanol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Ammonium Hydroxide, o-Cymen-5-OL, Laureth-12, Methylisothiazolinone. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- lashes are relatively soft; not stiff or brittle
- does not flake
- no clumping
- neither wet nor thick formula
- does not irritate my eyes (contact lens wearer)
- no smudging or raccoon eyes
- bristles work for me

Cons:
- freaky when cleaning it off; like black sand all over my face
- comes off easy with Shu Uemura emulsifier or creamy remover
- formula dries out after a month or so
- spendy

Bought the Lash & Brow Discovery Duo on sale. Been curious about tube mascaras. Wanted something to be volumizing. Never tried crying nor rubbing to see if its claims of not running would hold. No difference versus waterproof drugstore mascara. Now I can say - been there, done that - no biggie. Rated average because it does what it says but too expensive to repurchase every month or so.

on 7/23/2015 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Duration of use: 4 months. I've uploaded a couple of picture to show how this looks on me. The colour are all wrong - thanks to the picture-correcting program being "upgraded" (now I can't correct colours)

I got this in blue - that was the colour that was on sale at the time. It's a good colour for those who don't want black. You will not immediately see that it's blue because it's quite dark, but it's definitely not as harsh as black.

This had a very thin/wet formula at first. Not so wet that it ran down my lashes, but it didn't coat them very well - the result was... Natural, I guess, but I could also end up with spider-leg-looking lashes (they are quite long and depend on being coated evenly). When the formula was at its wettest, I applied by just brushing upwards - if I wiggled the wand, it could suddenly leave droplets of mascara on my lashes, making them look clumpy. When it dried a little, I could wiggle the wand from side to side, but the wand still gave very little separation. This also doesn't volumize, which is OK for me on some days. I didn't have any problems with curl with this one - it didn't weigh down my lashes.

Because of the tubing formula, applying this in several layers was impossible: it dried quickly, made the lashes stiffen, and if I attempted another layer, it either felt like I was trying to pull out my lashes, or I pulled the tubes off. This mascara becomes quite stiff and dry when it dries - more than anything I've tried before.

I liked the tubing aspect of it! It is really easy to take off, doesn't smudge during the day, doesn't irritated my eyes, didn't flake on me, held up well in heat, but does not hold up to tears (I think all of this will be common to good tubing mascara though).

The main reason I give this mascara its rating is the brush: it's awful for my lashes. The "spikes" on it are placed so far apart that it doesn't separate my sparse lashes properly. The result is that my lashes get clumped together into fewer, bigger lashes - I think it looks quite ugly. The second thing is that I think the formula didn't quite work for my lash length. This mascara is also quite expensive. For about the same price, I'll rather buy Clinique Lash Power in original or volumizing formula.I have not tried the Amplified version, but the brush looks promising, at least.

on 7/22/2015 2:28:00 PM

This is my review for the original formula mascara. I've also tried the Amplified formula, so I'll compare the two here and write a full review of the other formula since they're somewhat different. For context, I have pretty average lashes and prefer a natural mascara look. I haven't tried a ton of mascaras and this is the first tubing mascara I tried. I used a full size of this product so I can't speak to how the minis perform.

Some awesome makeup lovers recommended tubing mascara to me when I was looking for a product that would give me a natural look and stand up to light rain and potentially sweaty walks to work. Since blinc's mascaras are some of the best-reviewed cruelty free tubing mascaras, I went with them.

Tubing mascara in general has been a revelation for me. I previously didn't wear mascara daily because I found it such a massive pain in the butt to remove (even with my oil cleansing routine) and could never seem to get it all off without irritating my eyes. Removing this stuff, though, takes me about ten seconds in the shower and doesn't require anything more than my fingers and some water. Brilliant!

That said, I wasn't hugely fond of blinc's original formula. I honestly didn't really like it for the first 2.5 months of use because it was so extremely wet. I learned pretty quickly to hold very still and pull it straight up through my lashes, because the smallest wiggle would glue the ends of my lashes together into little black steeples. I was much happier when it got drier at the 2.5 month mark, but it started flaking around the same time too. At least the flakes wiped away cleanly without smudging and never made me look tired.

The brush is on the skinnier side and has a slight hourglass shape. I'll see if I can upload a photo of it next to the much bushier Amplified brush for reference.

Overall, this mascara was an improvement over conventional formulas for me, but I much prefer the Amplified formula. It has everything I like and nothing I don't like about the original formula.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Hmm. a mad rush..this mascara has potential if you know how to use it....I guess. I got this mascara in Sephora s Lash Stash...it was the last one of the 5 tiny mascaras 8 tried because I had never heard of it AND because It sounded suspect.
The first thing I noticed was the brush. It is a nice looking thick brush. The formula IS very wet and takes forever to dry. it left me looking like I had very few lashes---and for a gal who gets regular compliments on her lashes---no bueno!!! So, in a mad rush I knew I had to fix my lashes and fix them fast. Since the formula stays wet for so long--that was a good thing....in my bag I must have like 20+ mascaras!!! I fell upon Full Bloom by Covergirl...I separated and added volume and it didn't look half bad...
I fell asleep that night without washing my face--I know, I know. ..not good!! But my eye makeup was still in place!!!! I was thinkin, "wow..I still look b half decent!!" My mascara literally rolled off...it came off so, so easy!!! It was amazing!!! It stayed put and came off easily....wow!!
I think there's a LOT they could fix with this mascara..I mean, as much as they have done in the past 10 yrs with technology and all...they could find a way to make this mascara a bit better--as in NO SPIKES AND ADD MORE VOLUME!!!!
I think if you are going to be hot, and sweaty, or have a long day---this mascara is for you.. and if you work quickly, u can add some volume with another mascara that adds volume of it has a stiff, silicone type brush I think... to avoid clumping...
good luck with this one....
I have no idea how it made Sephora s top 5 mascaras to get into Lash Stash...smh..wow..maybe I'm using these beauty tube mascaras all wrong....?

on 7/5/2015 9:15:00 PM

I love this mascara. Once it's on, it doesn't go anywhere. It doesn't clump, transfer, or smudge. It lengthens well and looks clean. Removal is super easy too. I have to note that this does not add volume. If you want more of a fuller and denser look, this won't do it. But if you like natural and subtle effect, this mascara is great for that.

on 6/1/2015 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am not exactly sure why I purchased this when I am perfectly content rotating between Tarte's Lights Camera Action and L'Oreal Voluminous. But you know what they say: A sucker is born everyday so...

I picked up a travel size tube of Blinc on a whim - it was $5, which is pretty pricey for the amount in the tube, which was maybe a weeks worth of product. I tried out this mascara for about 4 days before I had to stop. On application this is gunky and really wet, took forever to dry, and left splatter marks/dots under my eyes which were difficult to remove. Although it was a very wet formula for the first few minutes it later dries to a VERY dry and uncomfortable formulation. This was also heavy and removed any curling I had done prior to use. I got no change in length to speak of at all. It was terrible in the volume department and I looked like I had about 6 thick lashes OR a tarantula had taken up house on my eyes.

I also didn't have an easy time removing this - it certainly did not come off in "tube" like fashion or with ease as advertized. I had to really struggle; first I held a wet washcloth over my eyes for a pretty long time and that didn't do much so I had to use eye makeup remover which oddly, I felt didn't remove it all.

While I am not a fan of tubing mascaras generally, there are better one's out there and this is by far the worse one I have ever tried.

on 5/15/2015 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Did nothing for my lashes. Although I don't like heavy mascara, I would like some enhancement and this product did not do it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

While this might work for some this definitely wasn't my cup of tea..
It did nothing for me, no curl no volume no lenghth no definition. Just limp darker lashes. If you are a fan of more natural barely there traditional brush mascaras then you might like it and appreciate that it's Also somewhat water resistant. However, when I wear mascara I actually like for there to be a major difference if not then I dont see the point of wearing any. I didn't like the whole tubing effect either. Like I said, it didn't make a difference and just made it that much more annoying to take off. I bought the latest lash stash at sephora where you try different selectsamples and redeem a full size of your choice. Out of the whole stash this was definitely the biggest flop for me and when you look at the regular price for the full size? Forget about it...drugstore mascara is 10Xbetter (and waaaaaaaay cheaper) than this..
Save your time and money girls! This is a major No go in my book!

Average performance, some clumpiness, bad longevity.