November 20, 2014 | 1958 users online

Fragrance - Amouage - Jubilation XXV by Amouage

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I repurchased a large bottle after the last purchase being 2-3 years ago. The colour of the contents are lighter and the scent lasts nowhere near as long as a parfum should do, and used to with the previous bottle.

It was not cheap, but I thought "that's fine because it is so long lasting, it will take a long time to get through the bottle." Unfortunately, that's not the case, it is more like a weak eau de toilette and I've already used much more than previously because it doesn't have the same staying power, a tiny spray was all that was needed before, now with this bottle, it can be sprayed very liberally and wears off quickly. The samples used at the counter seem much more potent.

Some cost cutting appears to have been going on at the expense of the loyal customer.

I will not buy again until the quality returns to what it was.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by micacat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I did not care for the women's version, Jubilation 25, which was all powder, cumin, and incense, but love XXV. Initial impression, I get the exact, "juicy, ginger incense" described by the poster below Emmagreen w/the ginger reminding me of two more favorites, Serge Lutens Five O'clock Au Gingembre and the new Molton Brown Iunu. This scent is rich, sweet and spicy upon initial application, but it doesn't take long before the incense and dry woods appear and then, the scent loses its sweet, heaviness becoming light and contemplative. The final impression, which I really have to lean in close as it stays close to my skin, is the church incense of Avignon w/an extremely light touch of oud. I wish the initial fruity ginger note would last longer, and overall this scent on my dry skin seems to disappear quickly, which is a real shame since I love it so much. A definite must try if you like spicy, warm orientals w/ginger and incense as the major notes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by elaborate

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tester insert 1 says: "At its heart are elegant notse of rose, orchid and smoky gaiac wood. Notes of musk, myrrh, cedarwood, ambergris, patchouli and immortelle resonte in the depth of the fragrance expressing his long to travel, to find the ethereal unknown."

Tester insert 2 says: "Jubilation XXV is created for the enigmatic man carrying the essence of his philosophy and sophistication across all eras and cultures."

I am not a man. I am not enigmatic at all. And I'm no Time Lord so I'm not too concerned if my philosophy and sophistication works across all eras. So I guess this is not for me? Oh well who cares. I love this as I love spicy woods. Spice wise it is the ones you would find in Ambre Sultan. It reminds me of Ambre Sultan and Bel Ami by Hermes.

As is the case Amouage fragrances are beautifully done but they have all be done before or may be combos of fragrances that are already well loved. If I have hardly any fragrances then I think I will invest in several of their bottles... but having travel so far down the line in fragrance hoarding I find it hard to justify buying a bottle of Jubilation XXV.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by emmagreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Juicy Gingery incense. Actually this is a little more juicy or ginger than I bargained for. And I'm sad to say, it did irritate my skin a little-- although i've tried half a dozen other wonderful amouage scents, and this is the only one that's done that. Also, (and quite odd for Amouage) even w/ my dry hard to get scent-to-show-up skin it didn't last very long on the skin. On the cuff of my sleeve, all day. Totally worth trying if you're an incense fanatic. Not spare like Avignon, i guess if i was forced to compare it, more like Chinatown, even though Ctown isn't incense but a chypre. A side note: I cannot figure out why I love the juciy quality of chinatown (though can't wear it because i hate the dry down) but it's too much for me here, or rather just doesn't do the same thing for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by mimine

This is Ambre Narguilé for Men, to my nose anyway. Anyone else gets the kinship between these two scents? Not a bad scent, but a bit redundant maybe. Incense-wise I gravitate towards CdG Avignon or SL Encens et Lavande.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2009 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Serenawm

This review is for Jubilation XXV, the men,s fragrance.

It gets wonderful reviews and I wanted to love it based on what I'd read. However, on me, there's a strong odour of urine as well as Roman Catholic church incense and cloves. All in all, not a sexy or appealing scent. You can tell it's expensive and there's nothing cheap or watery about it. I'm sure with some people's skin chemistry, it smells much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by supermarky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this review is for "XXV" which is the men's "25" is the ladies'

XXV is the ultimate luscious wood fragrance, bringing to fruition what other fragrances have hinted at tantalizingly. So forget about Gucci Rush, Angeliques sous la Pluie, Tumulte, even Kyoto, TF Oud Wood, and all the rest of em... Kill em all and put in their place this apogee of delectable wood... I've had so many compliments wearing it in the short time I've had it. I've been writing the name down for people standing at the next ATM, in line at the post office. Whoever had the idea of selling 1 oz bottle cheaply must took a page from those heroin dealers from whom the first taste is notoriously free.

The ladies wasn't for me, I tried but we couldn't agree. It's interesting, sort of plastic-y, I felt, in the way that Lutens Vetyver Oriental strikes me also as plastic like.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by jtcomboy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amouage’s Jubilation XXV sounds like a dream scent to me. Composed by incense wizard Bertrand Duchaufour, whose work includes other favourites of mine such as L’Artisan’s Timbuktu and Dzongkha, Comme des Garçons Series 3 Kyoto and Avignon, and Eau D’Italie’s Paestum Rose, this composition for ultra-luxe house Amouage does not disappoint. Notes include Frankincense, labdanum cistus, coriander, davana, blackberry, orange, gaiacwood, rose, honey, bay, orchid, cinnamon, clove, celery seed, opoponox, patchouli, myrrh, musk, moss, atlas cedarwood, ambergris, oud, immortelle (according to Luckyscent).

Jubilatiion XXV opens with spicy frankincense and almost a jam-like fruity accord. As it dries, it gets darker and smokier, with a sweet woodiness from the gaiac and oud, paired with rose in that Middle Eastern manner reminiscent of the Montale oud fragrances. There is one thing about this oud, however. Synthetic ouds often have a peculiar sour metallic twang to me, and there is a hint of this in Jubilatilon XXV, especially on my skin and when sniffed from very close. It does seem strange to me that Amouage would have skimped on the natural oud, given its reputation for sparing no expense. On the other hand, I have heard said that even synthetic ouds can be quite expensive. In any case, when sniffed from a little farther away from the skin, this twang seems to fade into the background, and it fades away entirely after an hour and a half, so it isn’t deal breaker for me.

Jubilation XXV has excellent sillage, and is long lasting. It does seem to benefit from liberal application, as this really brings out the fruity, jammy, rosey notes. At close to $300 for 100 mL, it is definitely an extravagance, but one that any incense lover (and follower of Duchaufour’s work) should pursue.