October 24, 2014 | 912 users online

Moisturizers - Korres - cinnamon and echinacea gel-cream

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by nephine

I'm pleased that some people found this worked for them, but for me this was a disaster! I was sold on the natural ingredients and claim to 'regulate oil production'. Out of the tube, it smelt herby and seemed a fresh a light gel texture. On the skin it completely refused to absorb and remained a horried sticky, tacky film on my skin. It made my skin just look so awful with and without makeup over the top, and as a result, I only used this for three days. Not the most expensive disappointment I've suffered (Yon-Ka, why!), but a disappointment all the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by ccccsc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is HG for me.I have tried so many that claimed to be for my skintype,only to breakout worse than before.This is the first one I have tried that does not break me out.It helps my makeup go on smooth and look nice.My skin feels comfortable and happy.I am old enough to no longer belive in miracles.This is not going to transform my problem skin.But it doesnt make it worse.And that says alot!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by sweetreds639

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was horrible....The worst I have ever used.... I applied it before bed and in the morning woke up with new spots!!! Waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by alissatron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the other users that it didn't do anything special but I haven't broken out since I started using it and it also goes on well under makeup. It did seem to even out my skin tone as well, I want to try out the other Korres products but I might consider repurchasing for a nice light weight moisturizer that doesn't irritate my skin at all.

EDIT: I ended up getting small little bumps around my chin and broke out on my cheeks which NEVER happens to me. I stopped using this immediately after and now too much is used to return it, I may just have to throw it away.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by elvia2189

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was okay and i had high hopes for it because it said ithelped control the oil producing cerebelum to produce less but that did not happen. It did moisturize but it was nothing special and it was really sticky

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by TKLOPS2

I would have to agree with the other revierers that this product is nothing special. It also has a medicine like smell. However I gave it a decent rating because it didn't make me break out and it didn't make my t-zone greasy. Compared to other moisturizers I have used this one goes on well under my makeup and I don't have to re-apply powder after a only few hours.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I honestly wasn't that impressed with this moisturizer. The reviews on Sephora.com were almost all positive, so I had high hopes for this one.

The packaging for this product states that it is a "non-oily, light moisturizing cream-gel for oily skin with imperfections." While I don't think this this stuff is heavily moisturizing to the skin itself, it seems a little bit oily in feel to me and seems a bit greasy on my face. My face looks somewhat shiny after I apply this, and seems to get really oily all over after only a few hours. This moisturizer also contains two oils in the ingredients -- soybean oil and sunflower seed oil. So with all that considered, I'm not sure why the company goes out of their way to state that this product is non-oily. I should probably explain that my current acne serum (MD Formulations Vit-A-Plus Clearing Complex) is alcohol-based and very drying, so that might be an extra reason why my skin might be producing extra oil right now. Either way though, I don't think this moisturizer is helping matters any.

Sometimes when my skin got a dry patch or sensitive blemish, this moisturizer seemed to sting a little. I'm not sure what ingredient(s) in here could be causing that -- maybe the cinnamon or mandarin orange extract. But considering that my skin is very reactive sometimes, I don't think this product works very well for me.

As I've said, the texture seemed a little oily to me. It was fine other than that, though. I would probably hate this in the summer when the humidity comes back. It also doesn't seem moisturizing enough for the dry winters here either. It doesn't smell very nice, but I guess that's not a very big deal. While I didn't notice a reduction of breakouts, I don't think it broke me out any more than usual.

The packaging is nice and professional looking. The metal tube is sanitary and easy to use. I also like how the company includes an expiration date on the packaging. I do have a problem with the price (per ounce), however. The size of the tube isn't very big (1.35 fl oz) and it didn't take me very long to use it up. So I was very disappointed that a non-cheap moisturizer didn't last very long at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2009 4:34:00 AM More reviews by chinasmom

This come along with the kit for imperfections. There was nothing special about it. It didn't make my skin any smoother or clearer. My skin seemed to be a lot oiler then normal. I wouldn't buy again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No