July 22, 2014 | 2037 users online

Eyes - Merle Norman - Eye Shadow

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by merlegirl87

i am a faithful merle norman user and i love most of their products. i have a love/hate relationship with their eyeshadows. i love how they are so blendable and they go on so smooth but i am not happy with the recent color choices. it seems like all the colors i love have been discontinued. i wish they would come out with colors that could rival mac. that is my only complaint about the shadows. other than that i love merle norman and will continue to be a faithful user!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 2:31:00 AM More reviews by dragonballz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to say, I'm not crazy about these eyeshadows. I am a fan of several MN products but I feel that most of these are overpriced for the quality. A small portion of the shadows in the lasting line are matte (Shell, Mink, etc) but most contain a slight to moderate amount of bulky, chunky shimmer. The fact that a company has different amounts of shimmer in one line of eyeshadow and doesn't label them accordingly is beyond me. With that said, the Luminous shadows are somewhat nicer as their shimmer seems more "finely-milled" and they go on much smoother. "Bare" is one of the few that I could actually see myself buying but that's about it. Overall, I have obtained much better results from other brands which have ranged from low to higher end.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by MacPops

The MN eyeshadows are just ok, imo. The color payoff isn't very good, which is fine if you like sheer shadows. There is an extensive line of colors, but they don't have many brights. I'm actually allergic to most of them, but this is not the only brand I'm allergic to. Some of the colors can be a little bit chunky and hard to blend, but then again...so can some other brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2007 10:02:00 PM More reviews by metdiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Luxiva Lasting Eyecolor Chocolate: This is a beautiful Chocolate color with a great shimmer in it. It has slight plum tone to it, but this can go with many other browns you may have in your collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2006 4:59:00 PM More reviews by makeupmaven63

I have used MN eyeshadows for over 20 years and LOVE them. The few times I have tried another product, I have been disappointed, wonder why I ever stray. I have bought some MN colors that I wasn't crazy about once I got them home but have always been able to return if I keep the reciept. Can't say that about most make-up. This eyeshadow blends very well and lasts all day. Also, I still have the very first compact I bought in 1983. I used to use that color every day and it is still almost half full and hasn't disinigrated.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2004 8:45:00 PM More reviews by birdmadgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I ended up getting a Luxiva Lasting Eyecolor Duet for free recently. The colors I got are Shell and Tearose. One is a pale pinkish color and the other is a dark mauve. I am NOT an eyeshadow person. I can't apply it properly, I guess, because I always look like someone's blacked my eyes. And, I must have the most oily eyelids ever because eyeshadow tends to almost instantly crease and slide around on me. For some reason, though, I got up this morning and used both of these colors. Here I am, 12 hours later and the eyeshadow is still on me. It's un-creased and looks as good as it did this morning. I think I might believe in miracles now. I don't know how much MN eyeshadows normally retail for, but I will be investigating these further. I'm extremely impressed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2004 11:43:00 PM More reviews by divafx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this line of Eye Shadows. I bought the entire line for my pro kit and haven't regretted it a single day. The pigmentation is awesome. The staying power is out of this world and the color selection is phenomenal. I can't say enough nice things about this shadow. It just glides on, blends well, and is highly pigmented. This is a quality eyeshadow. I prefer this to MAC in my pro kit and when I work with other artists they always "borrow" this from my kit even though they have a whole kit full of eyeshadow. It's a favorite with my clients for the extreme wearability and it's a favorite with my fellow artists because of the high level of pigment and blendability. The bonus is that this photographs nicely without being too shimmery, too matte, or too flat. It's just beautiful and it lasts all day. One of the best shadow lines out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2004 9:19:00 PM More reviews by snikkibug

I bought the Cloud Nine eyeshadow quad, and at first I wasn't too impressed with it. I should have tried it on before I bought it, but I was in a hurry to get it. After all, the girl in the ad looked so good with it! I didn't find the shadows as pigmented as I had hoped, but they do last a long time. Also, one of the pans of shadow wasn't glued into the compact very good. It hardly shows up on me if I just put it on dry. If you apply this shadow wet, it looks very good, and I have received compliments on it. Also makes a great eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2003 2:07:00 PM More reviews by minxgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using these eyeshadows for 5 years now and can't live without them! The colors are soft and sophisticated, and they blend so easily; they're not dry, and they don't tug at your eyelids, like alot of other shadows do. One of my favorite shades is Oyster, which is a whitish-yellow shimmer that you can also use as a highlighter. A definite must have!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2003 4:43:00 PM More reviews by wyntyr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used Merle Norman eyeshadows for almost 20 years and always find myself going back to them. They have some of the most beautiful colors (matte and frost selections) and they last all day and are very blendable. If you have not tried any of their products...check them out!