Merle Norman Eye Shadow Brush

4.5

on 6/1/2010 11:36:00 PM

This brush doesn't do it for me the bristles are too long. and after having it awhile it has become all "bushed" out from cleaning. the handle and the silver part are great but it's the brush end I'm working with and I prefer a c or domed shaped brush over this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am a former MN Beauty Advisor, so I have had plenty of time to play with all the brushes, but they really are great. My absolute favorite brush from MN is the eye crease/contour brush. It's dense and firm without being harsh or scratchy. The hairs are actually remarkably soft and do not shed. They hold their shape very well, and blend anything with the greatest of ease. I reach for this brush for my personal use almost daily.

I have the crease blending brush and it is magnificent. It is very gentle on the eyes and blends so well. Pretty good price.

on 5/4/2009 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

so i bought this brush a year ago..and ive been using it since..and it is so soft..and i finally got around to washing it a few days ago..horrible i know right...but to my amazement...it did not shed one single hair...and it didnt smell funny like my cheap brushes did after i washed them...deff worth the packaging and it came in a package to protect it!

on 5/3/2009 9:16:00 PM

I have the whole collection of MN brushes, and I love them all! I have bought Sephora, MAC, Sonia Kashuk, and BE brushes and none compare to my MN brushes! I used to work at a Studio so I have multiples of my faves, especially the Eye Shader Brush!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have 2 of the large eye shadow fluffy style brushes and they are well around 10 years old. They were first my moms when she used only merle norman products (this was before I even started to wear makeup) then she gave them to me and they are still as beautiful as the ones I see in store. These brushes are my all time favorite brand of brushes. No matter how much I wash & use these brushes (yes i use them daily and so did she) the bristles NEVER come out or break, the handle is still perfect & they are still as soft as the day she got them. I love mac, lancome and other brands but this brushes quality goes beyond big named brands. I love most all of their products I have tried even though many people think they are marketed towards older ladies (im only 20) I love everything. I would highly recommend their brushes, and their products. Unlike myself who has 30 +brushes my mom only kept 2 this one being one of them so I cannot tell you how many times she used it, and even wet it for lid use etc and its in perfect condition. I cannot say enough about these brushes and how well they pick up shadow. I have thin sensitive eye area for the record & I wear contacts- u must try these brushes!

on 8/10/2005 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I actually bought this eyeshadow brush about a year and a half ago. And I'm just now getting around to reviewing it! LoL. Anyway, as everyone else stated, the quality of these brushes is ridiculous for the price. It can hang in there with the best of them. I don't think I have ever had a problem with it shedding at all. I have washed my brush many many times, and it always retains its shape immediately after it's dry. The brush's quality almost surpasses MAC's - and it's cheaper. Who could ask for anything more? Today, I went out and purchased the powder brush and the foundation brush. I will review those once I have had a chance to use them. Unless you are just a diehard fan of MAC's brushes (and those brushes DO shed by the way), you will discover that this brand gets the job done just as well.

on 3/12/2005 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I too own all the Merle norman brushes and use a set of them at home and in my pro kit. These babies last like there's no tomorrow. I've had several of them for over 8 years and people still ask me if they are new brushes. They just hold their shape that well. Plus they are super soft and really grip the color well. The eyeshadow brush is a great fluffy brush that works well for blending color or for applying eyeshadow all over the lid. It's super soft and super plush. For the price you just can't beat this. At christmas time Merle Norman always runs a special on a set of their brushes and every year I snap those up for gifts. Everyone I give them to just loves them. It's a great way to introduce makeup newbies to good quality brushes at a reasonable price.

on 2/23/2004 5:13:00 PM

I have all makeup brushes in the Merle Norman collection, and I agree with the other review: nice, soft, silky eyeshadow brush; doesn't "scratch" up your eyelids and the bristles don't fall out like alot of other brushes do.

on 7/13/2002 12:07:00 AM

I love this brush-much more than my EL or MK brushes! It's much more coarse which allows for more even application and more control. The hairs are soft and I like the handle-just the right size for me!

Popular Makeup Brushes