Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow in Glitz

3.8

on 1/28/2011 10:18:00 AM

Glitz is a pale sheer shimmery pale yellow-gold color. No brown undertones, almost a white gold. I was looking for a shade to replace my beloved mineral shadow 'Hot Chocolate' by EDM. The EDM had a more peach brown undertone and I have to admit compared to the EDM, Bobbie Brown is not half as pigmented. Strange for a shadow that cost now 20 dollars. Still sort of nice and when worn side by side on either lid, I could barely tell the difference between the two shades & I doubt the average person can either. Nicely shimmered but not too much . It can be worn alone or over another matte shadow. I may not repurchase, but since I wear gold e/s once in a while, it should last me a long time.

on 6/21/2009 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ah, this was a disappointing eyeshadow for me. I'm used to BB shadows being silky, pigmented, and easy to blend... but this metallic e/s was too poorly pigmented and too shimmery for my taste. The texture of this shadow reminds me of a MAC Lustre eyeshadow, which is my least fave MAC e/s formula. I think I'm going to avoid BB Metallics from now on... this one and Golden Peach were both useless for me and didn't live up to my expectations of a BB eyeshadow. :(

on 6/19/2009 2:19:00 PM

Glitz is described on the Bobbi Brown website as "white gold," and I think that describes it perfectly. It's a whisper of shimmery gold and can be worn over other shades and as a highlighter. Simply put, it's beautiful.

on 3/20/2009 2:38:00 PM

Happy to be the first to review this - it's a warm pale gold sparkly e/s, perfect for inner corner, lid or highlighting. I can tell I'll wear it a LOT - and it looks great paired with the long wear cream e/s in Steel.