September 20, 2014 | 1183 users online

Highlighters - Smashbox - Light Cast Detail Highlighter

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by jaybird2405

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this for free from my mom. She has a smashbox kit auto delivered, and doesn't use it. I am addicted to it. I use it under my eyes, then cover it with finishing powder. Bam. I did run out once, and was very distraught. Luckily another kit came. Maybe it's not for everyone... But I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by niamhomalley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this off of ebay for a low price, and if I'd paid more for it I'd be much angrier. The quality of this product isn't the greatest, but it's nearly the worst in my experience. It's greasy (I find at least) and although the container is large so that I've a lot of it, I doubt I'll ever use it all. it's nearly a toss-away product as it's so poorly pigmented that I'd have to layer the stuff on...it doesn't mix well with my foundation (bobbi brown Natural finish long lasting foundation spf15) or moisturizer (mac moisture creme)...I was really disappointed, because like most people who posted reviews I had expected more from Smashbox - Usually i've a great experience with their products...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2009 6:35:00 AM More reviews by Shulamith

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with the reviews that this is unsatisfactory as a highlighter. The problem is that it doesn't contain very much pigment, just sheen. So why the five star rating? Because this is a solid gel with a high silicone content that is absolutely wonderful as a base for lipstick, eye makeup and concealer. You can even use it to set your brows. It's particularly good for older women who need a silicone product to fill in furrows and wrinkles before applying color to the eye and undereye area. .Also, it feels fabulous going on and my very sensitive eyes and skin do not react to it.
I like the idea of combining a blob of it with a light shadow to create an under brow highlight or pale shadow--it plays well with other products.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2009 2:41:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

On the face this just dosent work. With a highlighter I like to see some type of sheen and all this leaves behind is a gold shimmer that just dosent work. However, using this on larger areas like my legs it is really pretty.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by mistyct

I bought this off of EBAY and mine came with the brush. The brush is okay, the product itself is not. I usually like Smashbox for their "glow", but this one missed the mark for me. It is very glittery. I prefer a glow. Sorry, not a useful product for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by micropipette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received this in a swap a few days ago and was sad to see that there were no reviews of it. I haven't had much chance to play with it but I'd like to make some general comments for other people who might be considering swapping or purchasing this.

First of all, it comes in a typical Smashbox twist container. It is fairly large in diameter, approximately the size of a MAC blush. It is white and shimmery in appearance.

The biggest problem I see in terms of using this as an everyday product is that when on, it looks like there is a lot of small glitter. This is the light reflecting element of it I guess, but if you hate glittery looks then this is not for you. Despite this though, I noticed that it did make my dark circles look somewhat less visible. Also, it would work well as a highlight color for eyeshadow. It also feels somewhat greasy.

It is also somewhat difficult to figure out how to apply if you get it without the brush that it comes with as I did. So far I've tried using a concealer brush, my finger and a qtip to apply it. They all seem to work okay I guess.

Doesn't seem like a terrible product, but seems to have limited uses for day use...although for night could possibly get some interesting results.