November 24, 2014 | 1241 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta Bronzing powder

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was at the Guerlain counter in a shop in the center of town and the person working there told Terracotta bronzing powder in number 04 or 07 would be good for me. She said that she thought number 08 may be too dark for my purposes but number 08 is very pretty. Then I went to the Guerlain counter in a large department store where the salesperson put number 07 on me and I loved it. It was a darker brown that had more of a yellow undertone yet this brown was definitely much darker than me and not orange-y, red-dy, greyish and not muddy either. I found this color to be very contouring and sculpting too.

But that Guerlain salesperson really went to town on my left cheek and put too much on LOL but at least it's a lovely, true and enhancing brown. I haven't bought number 07 yet but I will eventually. I love wearing bronzer on top of my foundation and powder all the time but at the moment I'm using Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Deep which is a mixture of brown, red and orange but is still flattering. The trick with bronzer is to always use it with a light hand and blend it in like crazy.

I'm a MAC NC45, Bobbi Brown Warm Almond, Fashion Fair Butterscotch and an Estée Lauder Rich Caramel.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Justteaformethanks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfect bronzer for those who are very fair-skinned (EDIT: I have no. 00). Gives the skin a sublte boost, no shimmer, looks very natural. It is expensive, but absolutely worth it. The only thing I am disappointed about is the quality of the packaging: the hinge broke just from carrying the compact in my purse: a shame really. Other than that: this bronzer is my musthave: if I could only choose one makeup product, it would be this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Shelovesperfume

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I couldn't for some reason get the price lipsticks to work, anywho, I just want to add in writing that this bronzer is VERY expensive ($55)...however, I highly recommend and love it. Especially for you girls out there who are chocolate and brown-skinned, Guerlain I think is one of the few brands that carry bronzers we can use. In that regard (and those discussed below) I think it's worth it. I'm sure MAC and probs Bobbi Brown does, but when I came across this guerlain one it reminded me of one my mom used to use a long time ago and therefore had to have it. Tne packaging is very pretty and very luxe, even though it's reminiscent of both the body shop and physician's formula packages. The bronzer gives lovely color and it is HIGHLY pigmented which is great considering how pricey it is; so use sparingly. The one thing that might be a turn off for some is the fragrant powder that is this powder...and it's a very mature scent that takes some getting used to...once you do, you may either dislike it, or find it lovely like I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by boyd75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Bought this in 02 which I think is natural blonde. It's just beautiful and so easy to apply. It's not cheap but it's worth every penny in my opinion . It's very natural looking and can be built up for a more intense look. Doesn't look muddy or too orange for my fair skin . I love it, perfect for blonde ladies :-).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by kaitaritz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This bronzer goes on so smoothly and spreads evenly... it's just beautiful. My only complaint and reason I wouldn't buy it again is the high price compared to the other good bronzers like Nars Laguna or Benefit Hoola. However my Laguna shattered and I lost half of it, so that's why I wouldn't repurchase that. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen to this beauty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

My skintone....nc45 in MAC/Golden in Bobbi Brown. I picked up Ebony #8 and at first I was a little nervous about how dark it was in the pan the fear quickly subsided because this translates beautifully on my skin. Very subtle but it can go intense if I use a heavy hand. Its so finely milled that I can imagine not hitting pan for a long time. It gives such a realistic bronzed look that I will definitely re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by jssiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm NC20-25 for reference and bought this is 03. This is my one and only bronzer (for now?). I was pretty turned off by bronzer before thinking ha why would I want to be this weird orangey colour. But after learning about adding depth to your face I picked up this one since so many people raved about it. It DOES add a lot of depth to your face (applying around the edges of your face), especially if your face is now a uniform colour from wearing foundation, and also does give a nice sun kissed glow (when applied on cheeks and fore head ish area). It's definitely NOT for contouring and is purely a bronzer. It isn't orangey on me so that's great! Quelled my original fears of orangey bronzer. The packing is okay though, it can be momentarily confusing about which side to open the compact. The compact is lovely though (brown overlay over a nice gueralin design) and the distinct smell doesn't bother me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this in 03 thinking there is no shade more perfect than this for my face. It was completely ORANGE on me, and I have a light golden complexion. Additionally, my skin was itchy almost immediately upon application and this caused some serious irritation on my skin. I hate how heavily fragranced Guerlain products are, and I will be staying far away from all of them. Two stars for being silky smooth, illuminating, not blotchy, and having really great depth.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought it based on the high reviews in MUA. Got the lightest colour in 00, this bronzer is not for me. It has red undertone which somehow make me looks very "dirty".
Guerlain fragrance in the bronzer too put me off. My least reached brozner but I will tried to used up. I do not seem to have any luck with Guerlain products.
I still prefer my Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil, Diorskin Nude Tan as well as Chanel Les Beige Healthy Glow. Will try the Givenchy Healthy Glow Powder the next time.

Will not repurchase.

Asian
NC20-25

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

FINALLY, bronzers for all of the dark skinned crowd. After failing miserably in trying to find a contour powder as an NW40 woman, I decided to splurge on a Guerlain Terracotta bronzer. Standard compact packaging, kind of a tortoiseshell effect. I wear shade 07 on my cheeks and it makes my face look sculpted and sexy without any shimmer or glitter. I only need to run my brush across the product one time per cheek because it is so ridiculously pigmented. I am hoping that this pricey product will have that NARS blush quality where you have one for years because it is so packed with pigment that you only need a little at a time. Normally, I would not drop $50 on a bronzer, but until I find one that flatters my skintone this well, I will probably repurchase.