July 22, 2014 | 1375 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta Bronzing powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by kaitaritz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This bronzer goes on so smoothly and spreads evenly... it's just beautiful. My only complaint and reason I wouldn't buy it again is the high price compared to the other good bronzers like Nars Laguna or Benefit Hoola. However my Laguna shattered and I lost half of it, so that's why I wouldn't repurchase that. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen to this beauty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

My skintone....nc45 in MAC/Golden in Bobbi Brown. I picked up Ebony #8 and at first I was a little nervous about how dark it was in the pan the fear quickly subsided because this translates beautifully on my skin. Very subtle but it can go intense if I use a heavy hand. Its so finely milled that I can imagine not hitting pan for a long time. It gives such a realistic bronzed look that I will definitely re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by jssiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm NC20-25 for reference and bought this is 03. This is my one and only bronzer (for now?). I was pretty turned off by bronzer before thinking ha why would I want to be this weird orangey colour. But after learning about adding depth to your face I picked up this one since so many people raved about it. It DOES add a lot of depth to your face (applying around the edges of your face), especially if your face is now a uniform colour from wearing foundation, and also does give a nice sun kissed glow (when applied on cheeks and fore head ish area). It's definitely NOT for contouring and is purely a bronzer. It isn't orangey on me so that's great! Quelled my original fears of orangey bronzer. The packing is okay though, it can be momentarily confusing about which side to open the compact. The compact is lovely though (brown overlay over a nice gueralin design) and the distinct smell doesn't bother me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this in 03 thinking there is no shade more perfect than this for my face. It was completely ORANGE on me, and I have a light golden complexion. Additionally, my skin was itchy almost immediately upon application and this caused some serious irritation on my skin. I hate how heavily fragranced Guerlain products are, and I will be staying far away from all of them. Two stars for being silky smooth, illuminating, not blotchy, and having really great depth.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought it based on the high reviews in MUA. Got the lightest colour in 00, this bronzer is not for me. It has red undertone which somehow make me looks very "dirty".
Guerlain fragrance in the bronzer too put me off. My least reached brozner but I will tried to used up. I do not seem to have any luck with Guerlain products.
I still prefer my Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil, Diorskin Nude Tan as well as Chanel Les Beige Healthy Glow. Will try the Givenchy Healthy Glow Powder the next time.

Will not repurchase.

Asian
NC20-25

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

FINALLY, bronzers for all of the dark skinned crowd. After failing miserably in trying to find a contour powder as an NW40 woman, I decided to splurge on a Guerlain Terracotta bronzer. Standard compact packaging, kind of a tortoiseshell effect. I wear shade 07 on my cheeks and it makes my face look sculpted and sexy without any shimmer or glitter. I only need to run my brush across the product one time per cheek because it is so ridiculously pigmented. I am hoping that this pricey product will have that NARS blush quality where you have one for years because it is so packed with pigment that you only need a little at a time. Normally, I would not drop $50 on a bronzer, but until I find one that flatters my skintone this well, I will probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm reviewing #07. This is one of the priciest products I own, but the truth is: If you are dark-skinned (I'm NC42-NC44) and live in Scandinavia, you have to shell out if you want a matte bronzer for contouring, there's no other brand that make bronzers this dark. This powder does have a slight skin-like glow that the eye will read as skin, not as makeup. It's pigmented, easy to blend and does not break me out. The color is great, it -could- be a tiny bit less red (I have almost no red tones in my skin, I am very yellow, so this might not be true to everyone).

WARNING: Heavily scented. Does not bother me.

I found the packaging pretty, but fragile. Mine broke and I had to fix it with tape.
I've hit pan after 16 months of daily to weekly use. I am satisfied and will repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Poli93

Amazing bronzer, I've had mine for about 5 years and it's still going strong despite me using it every day!
Little secret- I use the men's version of this bronzer (yes, it exists). It has no shimmer and it looks SO natural. As with most products for men, it's made as subtle as possible on purpose so no one knows you're wearing makeup. But my mother uses the women's version and it's just as good- just has a bit more of a "makeup" feel to it.
I use it to give a bit of colour and deifniton to my cheekbones, but it's very buildable.
Love it, don't know what I'll do when it finishes because it's quite expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by TheLadyMeed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first bronzer I have ever bought. I tried a few at the make-up counter, still unsure as to whether there was any point - bronzers are a product I didn't understand, particularly for deeper skin tones. I am a MAC NW45 and Illamasqua SB17, and this bronzer in 08 is red based, the colour I go during the summer when it's hot. This is FANTASTIC, I can't believe how I ever lived with it before! We are now pretty well in the depths of winter, and yet when I wear this, I look as though I have spent a couple of weeks' holiday in the Caribbean. It is not cheap - I paid £34 at my local House of Fraser - but I would still recommend it. It applies easily, is moisturising, and will last for a very long time. I wore it recently with no blush, and it looked as if I had amazing skin. I will DEFINITELY repurchase.

Thank you, thank you, Guerlain - you make my favourite perfume (L'Heure Bleue), and I shall definitely investigate more of your products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am bronzer-phobic but this is beautiful. I only have two bronzers, a GA and a Chanel, and I wear them rarely because I can never quite get the trick of it. I do the light-dusting-across-the-places-where-sun-would-hit-your-skin technique because contouring with a bronzer seems less foolproof and I prefer a very natural look as far as my skin goes. So I'm definitely not a bronzer expert by any means. I do love this though and I think it's the most flattering bronzer I've ever found for my extremely pale skin. I'm the palest shade in most foundation lines, about an NC5 or NC10 at a guess, and I bought this in 00.

It feels soft and blends really easily, doesn't ever looks streaky or patchy. It melds with my skin attractively as well without looking powdery or dry. I have normal, occasionally tight feeling skin depending on allergies and weather, and this doesn't make my skin feel dried out as some powders do. No sensitivity either despite the fragrance, which is ok but smells a little old fashioned to me in the way some other Guerlain powder products do not.

The color is very natural, doesn't veer orange or clash with my cool toned skin. I always dread looking strange with bronzer, like anyone can tell I'm not actually sunkissed. But this just adds the perfect amount of something that makes me look healthier. Ever since I bought this I've been using a few quick swipes of this with some mascara and gloss and I feel like I look more awake. It's just so easy and effortless. Lovely quality. My new must have.