August 29, 2014 | 1851 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta Bronzing powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Shelovesperfume

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I couldn't for some reason get the price lipsticks to work, anywho, I just want to add in writing that this bronzer is VERY expensive ($55)...however, I highly recommend and love it. Especially for you girls out there who are chocolate and brown-skinned, Guerlain I think is one of the few brands that carry bronzers we can use. In that regard (and those discussed below) I think it's worth it. I'm sure MAC and probs Bobbi Brown does, but when I came across this guerlain one it reminded me of one my mom used to use a long time ago and therefore had to have it. Tne packaging is very pretty and very luxe, even though it's reminiscent of both the body shop and physician's formula packages. The bronzer gives lovely color and it is HIGHLY pigmented which is great considering how pricey it is; so use sparingly. The one thing that might be a turn off for some is the fragrant powder that is this powder...and it's a very mature scent that takes some getting used to...once you do, you may either dislike it, or find it lovely like I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by boyd75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Bought this in 02 which I think is natural blonde. It's just beautiful and so easy to apply. It's not cheap but it's worth every penny in my opinion . It's very natural looking and can be built up for a more intense look. Doesn't look muddy or too orange for my fair skin . I love it, perfect for blonde ladies :-).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by kaitaritz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This bronzer goes on so smoothly and spreads evenly... it's just beautiful. My only complaint and reason I wouldn't buy it again is the high price compared to the other good bronzers like Nars Laguna or Benefit Hoola. However my Laguna shattered and I lost half of it, so that's why I wouldn't repurchase that. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen to this beauty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

My skintone....nc45 in MAC/Golden in Bobbi Brown. I picked up Ebony #8 and at first I was a little nervous about how dark it was in the pan the fear quickly subsided because this translates beautifully on my skin. Very subtle but it can go intense if I use a heavy hand. Its so finely milled that I can imagine not hitting pan for a long time. It gives such a realistic bronzed look that I will definitely re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by jssiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm NC20-25 for reference and bought this is 03. This is my one and only bronzer (for now?). I was pretty turned off by bronzer before thinking ha why would I want to be this weird orangey colour. But after learning about adding depth to your face I picked up this one since so many people raved about it. It DOES add a lot of depth to your face (applying around the edges of your face), especially if your face is now a uniform colour from wearing foundation, and also does give a nice sun kissed glow (when applied on cheeks and fore head ish area). It's definitely NOT for contouring and is purely a bronzer. It isn't orangey on me so that's great! Quelled my original fears of orangey bronzer. The packing is okay though, it can be momentarily confusing about which side to open the compact. The compact is lovely though (brown overlay over a nice gueralin design) and the distinct smell doesn't bother me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this in 03 thinking there is no shade more perfect than this for my face. It was completely ORANGE on me, and I have a light golden complexion. Additionally, my skin was itchy almost immediately upon application and this caused some serious irritation on my skin. I hate how heavily fragranced Guerlain products are, and I will be staying far away from all of them. Two stars for being silky smooth, illuminating, not blotchy, and having really great depth.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought it based on the high reviews in MUA. Got the lightest colour in 00, this bronzer is not for me. It has red undertone which somehow make me looks very "dirty".
Guerlain fragrance in the bronzer too put me off. My least reached brozner but I will tried to used up. I do not seem to have any luck with Guerlain products.
I still prefer my Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil, Diorskin Nude Tan as well as Chanel Les Beige Healthy Glow. Will try the Givenchy Healthy Glow Powder the next time.

Will not repurchase.

Asian
NC20-25

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

FINALLY, bronzers for all of the dark skinned crowd. After failing miserably in trying to find a contour powder as an NW40 woman, I decided to splurge on a Guerlain Terracotta bronzer. Standard compact packaging, kind of a tortoiseshell effect. I wear shade 07 on my cheeks and it makes my face look sculpted and sexy without any shimmer or glitter. I only need to run my brush across the product one time per cheek because it is so ridiculously pigmented. I am hoping that this pricey product will have that NARS blush quality where you have one for years because it is so packed with pigment that you only need a little at a time. Normally, I would not drop $50 on a bronzer, but until I find one that flatters my skintone this well, I will probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm reviewing #07. This is one of the priciest products I own, but the truth is: If you are dark-skinned (I'm NC42-NC44) and live in Scandinavia, you have to shell out if you want a matte bronzer for contouring, there's no other brand that make bronzers this dark. This powder does have a slight skin-like glow that the eye will read as skin, not as makeup. It's pigmented, easy to blend and does not break me out. The color is great, it -could- be a tiny bit less red (I have almost no red tones in my skin, I am very yellow, so this might not be true to everyone).

WARNING: Heavily scented. Does not bother me.

I found the packaging pretty, but fragile. Mine broke and I had to fix it with tape.
I've hit pan after 16 months of daily to weekly use. I am satisfied and will repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Poli93

Amazing bronzer, I've had mine for about 5 years and it's still going strong despite me using it every day!
Little secret- I use the men's version of this bronzer (yes, it exists). It has no shimmer and it looks SO natural. As with most products for men, it's made as subtle as possible on purpose so no one knows you're wearing makeup. But my mother uses the women's version and it's just as good- just has a bit more of a "makeup" feel to it.
I use it to give a bit of colour and deifniton to my cheekbones, but it's very buildable.
Love it, don't know what I'll do when it finishes because it's quite expensive.