September 21, 2014 | 1052 users online

Lipstick - Urban Decay - apocalypse

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

I like Apocalypse. On me it's a sheer blackberry color. It's doesn't take much to show up even though it's a sheer color. It reminds me a little of Clinique's Black Honey in its intensity. It's buildable like Black Honey, but not as glossy. Usually I will just pat this lipstick on my lips and then smear the color around. Sometimes I'll add a clear pink gloss over the top. I've read a lot of comments on the smells of the UD lipsticks but I don't find them strong smelling or bad tasting at all. I picked up an extra Apocalypse up on sale at the UD site for $6. I think they are discontinuing these lipsticks. I've never been a fan of the packaging. I don't like the dagger on the end and the tube itself is rather large and bulky.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by MissMermaid

Honestly some of the reviews below are awful Miss Judgey Pants. I like lipstick that, ya know, looks like I am wearing lipstick. It doesn't pretend to be my lips or apologize. I don't follow ICP or scream "look at me!" but I love a dark vampy lip and UD used to not be afraid of opacity in their lip products. I don't have the big issue with smell/ taste here but this lovely design is rather wildly impractical. I'm concerned about the dagger falling off, as has happened to others, and not being able to get the lippie open- its hard and slippery enough *with* the dagger on. For the record, I think little mall goth kids should be able to get a great vampy lipstick from UD- look at the name, it's not Estee Lauder or Chanel or Bobbi Brown it's Urban DECAY.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by PrincessGizmo

This has become my everyday color, I love the texture and how it goes on so smoothly. The taste and smell are amazing, but very strong if you are sensitive to smells. I can sheer out the color, giving me a more light reddie color or go full on with it, but either way it looks great. Would suggest to friends and definitely buy again! <3

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2012 6:10:00 AM More reviews by KatDeClay13

Okay sorry i dont want to bring this review down and I absolutley love UD but I was COMPLETELY disappointed with this lipstick. I am fair to meduim with warm undertones. I LOVE purple dark lipsticks I am a sucker for them but this was like a sheer lip gloss that taste and smelled like doo doo no matter who you are i can garauntee you will hate the taste. I dont ever like to wear it because it taste and smells so horrible. worst lipstick i have bought.(really wish i didnt have to say tht but its true) I really love pigmented lipsticks reds pinks purples and even darker ones but this... lets just say i wont be buying it again. If your not looking for a dark lipstick this is for you its some what buildable kind of. If you want a strong dark lip DONT get this lipstick. I guess every now and then I can appreciate the purpley color it does give me but i just have to try not to get it in my mouth. I would like to add that the texture is nice and creamy! I really wish it was the color it looks like on the stick... I loved the packaging though its super cute. If your a person that doesnt care about taste WHAT SO EVER or doesnt want complete pigment then maybe you will like this. ha all i can say is SWATCH when ever you go to UD.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Tango84

This lipstick is great for the pale skinned gal in search of a high drama look, but at the same time doesn't want to scare children away or become a member of the Insane Clown Posse. In the tube, this super deep, brownish burgundy lipstick seems that it would only appeal to darker skinned women or little goth kids at the mall, but its actual wearability is remarkable. At 25 years old, I can wear it and still feel hip enough to hang with a young crowd, but classy enough to mingle with executives at a cocktail reception, too. I want to say that it goes on sheer, which helps to dilute the harsh color a bit, but I don't want to take away from the great amount of coverage you get from it as well. Very creamy and soft - no glosses or balms needed with this lipstick, which is a plus for lazies like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by robynbird28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far, this is my favorite lipstick. Do NOT be fooled by how dark it looks. This is a VERY wearable, VERY flattering color. I have very fair skin and this doesn't look harsh on me at all! It really doesn't go on as dark as you'd think. Not unless you really cake it on, just one quick application is perfect. It's a gorgeous deep color that can be applied light for an everyday look, without looking goth or overly dramatic. Or it can be applied heavier for a dramatic night look. It is SO flattering for light skin, it defines your lips and makes them look very seductive but not in a "LOOK AT ME!" way. Seriously, when I wear this people compliment my LIPS, but they never think I'm wearing lipstick! It has the same kind of effect as a dark popsicle, lol, or red wine, it makes your lips dark but in a natural looking way that's hard to explain, it's mysterious and very sexy! And of course it feels and tastes great! Soooo smooth! And need I comment on the packaging? Love it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Rezarific

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this lipstick! I wasn't expecting it to be so soft and creamy on my lips, but for $22 per tube, it had better be something amazing. The dark burgundy/purple with subtle, seemingly black undertones looks amazing on my fair, cool-undertoned (but in MAC, I'm NW15) skin with my dark hair. It doesn't last forever on your lips, maybe three hours or so, but I don't mind reapplying this one. Doesn't taste bad, but of course, don't eat it. It sure smells wonderful--they call it a creme-caramel scent. Whatever it is, I'd like more of these lipsticks if my budget allowed. Try at Sephora, Ulta, or somewhere before you buy. The taste didn't bug me, but I've heard a bit about the taste, so make sure it's not a dealbreaker before you shell out for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by cmtruman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sephora had the dark lip colors on an end cap and I was drawn to this pretty UD gothy looking color. First of all, the lipstick itself is cute. It comes in the UD purple case with a little sword you use to open the lipstick. The color appears a dark berry-a lovely combination of purple and brown. I am normally a little scared of bold colors, but Apocalypse looks great with my fair complexion. It leaves my lips a pretty dark berry color. The texture is great, but it tastes bad. It also doesn't have super long staying power. I have to reapply it every few hours even if I don't eat or drink.This lipstick looks great when paired with a more natural eye. I really recommend giving this lippie a chance if you have fair skin and are looking for a darker color. Great purchase overall!