Got2B Guardian Angel Heat Protect N' Blow Out Lotion and Gloss Finish

3.8

Aqua (water), Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolylmer, Cetrimonium Chloride, Sodium Laneth-40, Maleate/Styrene Sulfonate Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Trideceth-12, DMDM Hydantoin, Parfum (fragrance), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate

on 6/25/2012 5:40:00 AM

Smells great
does a fantastic job of my hair and I like the packaging.
Would buy this again.

on 10/24/2011 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have to say, I'm very happy with this. I got this on sale at Shoppers for about $5 so it's win-win! I personally like the smell. I got this one because I blow dry every day and only really use a flat iron on my bangs, as my hair is naturally pretty straight. It's nice and lightweight and sprays in an even spritz. But what really made me notice the difference was how it works with my straightener. I lost my beloved Chi straightener in an unfortunate fuse-blow accident and bought a cheap replacement from Winners. It does its job, but I always felt like the plates were pulling at my hair, despite being ceramic! Not so with this stuff. Now it runs through without tugging and the shine is lovely. Definitely buying this again.

on 9/25/2011 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was originally looking for the Blow out Lotion and finishing Gloss from the Got2B Guardian Angel collection, but I couldnt find it anywhere.. Then I realized that it's the same thing as curling iron and straightening version as well. There are only one or 2 chemicals that are re-arranged for each version. They are all basically the exact same except for packaging. So, if you cant find the version you want, no worries!

That being said, I ended up finding the staightening iron version, and I love this stuff! I have fine hair that is highly prone to heat damage.. I've used many different heat protections (Chi, Tressamme Heat tamer, VO5, blah, blah, blah...) but this one is the best.

It doesn't weigh my hair down, like the majority of products do. It's cheap, smells wonderful and actually works. That's not to say it completely stops heat damage, but I have noticed a fairly large improvement. I use this stuff every time I blow-dry, curl, or straighten my hair. Works great for all 3. The only thing I don't like is the alcohol in it, but its still a great product.

Ill be buying it again. Good job on this one Got2B.

on 5/7/2011 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm loving this stuff! Some people dislike the smell, but I rather like it. It's a clean floral scent that disappears fairly quickly. I have baby fine bleach treated hair that gets broom-like at the ends, and this seems to temporarily seal any splits. Due to my candyfloss texture, most shine serums or protective sprays turn me into a greaseball. Not so with this! I only use it as a blowout lotion, though. I find that after blowing my hair out with this stuff, my hair is bouncy and so light reflective that I don't need a shine spray. I will absolutely purchase this again, and will weep inconsolably if they ever stop making it.

on 3/16/2011 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

I like the packaging as all got2b products come stylish and unique but it is really hard to bare just using it normally and it dosent really do much plus it wastes fast so no i wouldnt reccomend this to anyone

This is an okay product - leaves hair kinda smooth and soft, and I do feel like it protects my hair against heat decently.
But the smell is God awful. It smells like Barbies and kids' perfumes, and not in that subtle, fresh flowery way some kids' perfumes smell. Literally like toys and just plain disgusting. And the worst part is that it lingers.
The bottle also seems kind of deceiving. It's curvy-shaped so that you won't get as much product as it seems, and it's not nice to hold. The dangly plastic thing it comes with is just tacky and I took it off immediately after I got it.
What's good about the packaging is though that the name is clever and the cap sits well on the bottle. The spritz is not misty enough and too harsh IMO.

So all in all - it performs decently, but packaging (and smell) is terrible. Would not repurchase.

on 1/16/2011 10:54:00 AM

I am really enjoying this product. It says it protects your hair when using heat up to 400 degrees. I'm not sure if that's true but I use it anyways. It smells quite good and leaves my hair soft and manageable. I really like this because I use it pretty much every time before I blow dry my hair. I will probably be repurchasing this again.

on 1/16/2011 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I'm not sure how this "protects" my hair with a few squirts, but it leaves my hair so soft that I use it anyway. I apply several sprays of this to my hair while it is still damp and I've let it air dry for about 10 minutes. Then I blow dry.
...
At first, I don't really notice a difference in texture, but the next morning, I find that my poofy hair has flattened down and looks as if I quickly ran a flat iron through it. The texture of my hair is so soft and smooth after using this product, like a baby's hair. It does not leave a greasy residue, either, which is great. However, if you have limp hair, this will tone down any volume and make it seem even more limp. This is definitely NOT a volumizing product, so beware. This product has a candy-like smell which seems heavy at first but does not seem to linger in my hair. If you don't like sweet scents, then avoid this.

on 1/13/2011 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Eyes: Violet

So far this is the only heat spray I've used that actually seems to protect my hair (I've tried John Frieda, Alberto, Giovanni, Bain de Terre, Tresemme, and several serums - the serums and Tresemme did help a bit and made my hair shiny once the initial frizz calmed, but didn't really protect nearly as well). I blowdry my hair, and this volumizes/holds well with very minimal frizz. I've also used it on dry hair to blowdry my bangs straight with a concentrator nozzle and it seemed to work even better on dry hair (this product being the only one that's really protected my hair when already dry even when using the highest blowdrier setting and holding it right against the hair). The only downside is it doesn't really give hair shine (did seem to give a bit when I used it on already dry hair though) and has denatured alcohol in it, but until I find something else that actually protects my fine/thick/dry hair as well as this for both volumizing/straightening I'll stick with this and the Tresemme (no drying alcohols and does give great, non-greasy/weighing shine even if it's not quite as effective).

on 1/6/2011 1:34:00 PM

I wanted to curl my hair with a flat iron so i sprayed this product all over my hair, but after that it was hard to make bouncy, defined curls, because it make my hair heavy, sticky, but it didnt apply much. maybe it works for making hair sleek and stright with a flat iron, but it is a miss if you like to make curls.