September 30, 2014 | 1694 users online

Makeup Brushes - Laura Mercier - Secret Camouflage Brush - Long

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't own a lot of makeup brushes because they're just too much of a trouble for me. So whenever I can get away with using my fingers to apply makeup, I will. But I found that I actually needed a brush to apply Secret Camouflage properly. It is a high-quality synthetic brush that bends well so it never scratches my skin. I found that the best way to use it is to actually do what Laura Mercier Web-site says: load both sides of the brush with color, then mix it on the back of your hand, wipe off the excess and apply it using really feather-light strokes. Then I just tap the concealer in with my finger. I would repurchase if I lost it or something because I don't think its quality is going to get worse with time on its own

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by dsweet730

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The pointed end is perfect for getting those corners and creases especially around your nose and mouth. It applies concealer smoothly and evenly. Very soft on the skin. The hairs seem sturdy unlike some brushes that shed. Definitely a must buy especially when paired with the Secret Camouflage concealer from Laura Mercier.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I rated this brush high overall because it's a good brush. I wouldn't buy it again, though, because it's not really something I need. This is a fairly fine-point, flexible brush that's great for the undereyes and around the nose. It's probably also great for small areas like pimples. I need to conceal bigger areas, so this takes me too long and I have similar brushes that work just as well. I also prefer concealer brushes to be more stiff, not so "floppy," So I would not repurchase this. However, if you're looking for a good concealer brush, give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by pinknplush

Oh my! Yes it is a super small brush and it's expensive. But! you can get it for free when you get the flawless face kit! I have been using this brush for days and I must say.. I love it! It works great on the nooks and crannies of my face! not for under eye as it's way too small. Best used for dark spots, sides of the nose, under the nose (where it gets all red and disgusting). No shedding so far =) I hope it won't ever as I'm afraid it'll easy get bald lol. Definitely a must have if you're using the Secret Camouflage or the Undercover Pot. Highly recommended! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by MyChanelScalpel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this as a lip brush and it works absolutely amazingly to blend out dark lippies and even them out. I found it too harsh on my skin as a concealer brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 8:29:00 AM More reviews by tabercat

I'm not really into brushes and am not even excited about the famous MAC 217 (don't kill me ladies), but I love this brush!! Fingers are really too large to provide the detailed coverage for concealing a pimple or small patch of discoloration, but this brush works like a charm. I have also used it to apply cream shadows as a base for powder on my small eyelids. I have never been able to make shadows look so polished. I take this brush with me whenever I travel and consider it an everyday essential. I previously thought people who bought two of the same brush just had too much money to burn, but I want a second! One note of caution: this isn't the best for under eye concealer or semi- large areas, but great for detail work!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2010 7:53:00 AM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

This brush is AWESOME.
I first bought it for using with LM's Secret Camouflage concealer, with which I have a love/hate relationship (I've reviewed it here if anyone's interested) but for me the best feature of that purchase is probably this brush.
I'm on a never-ending quest for the HG concealer, so I've tried a lot of them .. but again and again, I discover that the only thing they all seem to have in common is that they look better when applied with this brush.
This is a small brush that's perfect for detail work. It would be a headache to try to go over a larger area with it (that's what your foundation brush is for!) but it gets right into the corners of your eyes for under-eye concealer, can be used to brighten the outside edge of your lips, or to cover blemishes with precision. If you use a light touch, you get just the tip, if you apply a bit of pressure, you get the wider base. Using a brush like this allows you to build your concealer, and make sure that it's right where you want it.
Using this brush means you'll never apply to much concealer, or end up with your concealer all over your face when you only wanted it in one small area.

I've used this with liquid concealers that come with wands, with cream ones that come in pots, and even hard ones like LM's Secret Camouflage. It works like a dream with them all. Though I may never find my HG concealer, this is certainly my HG concealer brush.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2010 4:39:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful concealer brush! i know it's expensive, but I am so glad I got this brush. it applies concealer to the undereyes (and corner of eyes perfectly), it mixes my corrector and concealer perfectly, and it is also perfect for covering blemishes and redness on the corners of my nose. Very impressed with the quality of this brush and will check out more LM brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 6:45:00 AM More reviews by erin09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The perfect brush for covering blemishes and the few acne scars I have. Great texture, great shape, I use it daily. It was a bit on the pricey side, but it does its job perfectly.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by reyna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I lost my first brush (might have tossed it in trash by accident) and tried to use other brushes for my BB gel eyeliner, but couldn't get it right. Bought a new LM concealer brush from ebay for cheap - only $12 w/ shipping. This one was short handle, which I like better than my first long handle one. Seems that brush improved since my first one. Sooooo 'not pokey' and mega control. I was getting messy lines w/ the other brushes (including the BB gel liner brush) esp in the outer corner, bottom area (Asian eyes also), but because LM brush is tapered to a tiny end, I'm back to making a neat, slightly smudgey line. Thanks, LM.

P.S. I got my first LM brush w/ the Secret Camoflage concealer. Didn't like the concealer, but so glad to discover the brush for the BB gel liner.