November 21, 2014 | 1785 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Eye Shadow Insurance Policy, High Impact Eye Shadow Collection

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by bebokaur

A really nice palette. As always the pigmentation is great with too faced. Its a small palette around the size of sugarpill eyeshadow quads just slightly thinner and smaller. I would mainly use these colours as eyelid colours. They are too pigmented to use in the crease, you could use on crease of eyes but it will require patients and alot of blending. The colours are shimmery and comes with a primer which is also great. Can't believe you can still find this! This was out years ago.. and was quite popular I believe. The packaging is eye catching colourful on the front with a picture of eyes with a look. I am in love with this palette. . Its a really nice palette to go to when you want a nice eyelid colour and I prefer to use satins or mattes in crease so I use mac or drugstore shadows for that when using this palette
I would buy again but this it self will last a long time
Overall i Love too faced. A Cruetly free cosmetic brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by thealmightyboots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this because I wanted the Shadow Insurance eye primer, and it was actually cheaper to buy it with the eye shadows!
The primer's fantastic, but that's another story.
I'm kind of glad I got this palette, because it's so unlike anything I would actually buy, but for the same reason I haven't used it much because it's not really my thing.
The shadows are all nicely textured, very easy to work with. The neutrals in the palette are perhaps a little on the warm side for me. I think I would wear them more if they weren't so shimmery. Glamazon is a lovely nude colour, but has glitter to the max, so is only really suitable for night time wear.
The one thing I have used it for a lot, is layering 'full frontal' and 'lucky charms' together to get this lovely deep brown with irridescent flashes of green. Looks amazing and I've gotten lots of compliments.
My only complaints are that I don't really use 3 of the colours, and they're REALLY shimmery - but that's down to personal preference.
And I like palettes to close properly instead of the whole paper and magnet thing, as it can get messy if you want to travel with it.
But if you like shimmery shadows and want to experiment with some really nice brights, I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by melliecay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

(click continued to see swatches)
I got this at Nordstrom Rack for $14.97! I actually really love this palette.  The shadows are highly pigmented and last all day, plus it includes a full sized Shadow Insurance eye shadow primer -- which I think is just as good as the hyped Urban Decay Primer potion.  To add to the greatness of the this palette, it includes quite a few "nude-like" shades as well as darker shades and fun shades (Boy Toy, Skinny Dip, and Lucky Charms), making it the perfect palette to pack with me on a weekend getaway.  That way I'll have make up for the day time without looking like a clown, and options for some sexy shadows for night time shenanigans!  All-in-all a wonderful palette!  Here are the swatches (swatches are property of http://melliecay.blogspot.com, please don't steal):

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a massive Too Faced eyeshadow fan. I have literally chosen to buy their eye palettes instead of food.

I wanted their primer, so I purchased this as it was only $10 more and you get 6 eyeshadows. Bargain, right?!

BUT, these eyeshadows REALLY lack pigmentation! If you have used their 'eye kit' palettes, such as the Natural Eye or Romantic Eye, you come to expect intense pigmentation, where you just touch ur brush on the eyeshadow and it's enough for your entire eyelid.

These shadows do NOT replicate that quality. They are OKAY, but not the quality I have come to expect from Too Faced. Their pigmentation is lacking, their blendability varies with each colour.

There are absolutely some nice colours in the pan, particularly the first 3 - then it just goes downhill. The blue is the least pigmented. Sometimes it seems almost pointless.

The eyeshadow primer did not help to increase pigmentation. The eyeshadows disappoint. However, with the primer, they lasted me for like 16 hrs (including surviving a storm where i got soaked) until I washed my face.

Would not buy again. Next time I will buy the shadow insurance separately.

// EDIT - actually after a month or so of using this, i've really fallen for the first 2 colours in the palette. They are quite pigmented. The only colour that remains truly disappointing is the blue. I changed to 'yes' I would repurchase and I added 2 more lippies on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I took a chance of getting this since it was less than $14 at Nordstroms Rack and don't regret it as its an excellent pallette. It even comes with eyeshadow primer which is super. All shadows are soft, silky and blend beautifully, even without a primer. There are three neutrals and three brights, all have lot of shimmer but its a fine shimmer and fallout on these is minimal.
Shadows: Full frontal(medium brown, leaning toward warm)
Socialite-medium bronze color
Skinny Dip-Deep jewel tone periwinkle blue
Glamazon-light to medium cool beige
Boy Toy-Barby medium pink
Lucky Charms-jewel tone rich grass green(which I could see would be stunning on someone with green eyes)
All of these colors are very versatile and would look good on just about anyone with light to medium coloring. Not sure how the darker ladies would fare with this since most colors fall into medium intensity category.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by xificanthaveyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this palette! I'm sort of a makeup newbie, and these colors have me set in the shimmery department until I decide to play the field a bit more in the eye shadow selections.
I love that it has both neutrals and colors so you can mix and match. I especially love Glamazon with Skinny Dip and a touch of Full Frontal in the crease! Full Frontal is super super pigmented, so even though that's a plus, you have to be careful if you don't want it all over the place.
The only downsides to this palette is that Glamazon has a lot of fallout, Boy Toy doesn't show up without a pink base underneath and that I really don't have a use for Socialite and would pick any other shadow than this coppery orange color.
...And the full size Shadow Insurance only makes the palette even better :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 7:48:00 AM More reviews by lazypile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice palette that is especially worth it if you're shopping for an eye primer anyway (it comes with a full-size primer, which works just as well as Urban Decay's primer).

All of the shadows are high quality and smooth, with three neutrals and three bright, fun colors. They're all shimmery and two of them have micro glitter. The only reason I said I wouldn't repurchase is because none of them are very unique. However, I am glad I bought it.

Full Frontal is a rich chocolate shimmer; very nice. Glamazon is a brownish kind of metallic champagne with tiny gold or silver glitter. Socialite is a gorgeous metallic copper with a pink tinge and tiny multi-colored glitter (the glitter is very subtle). Boy toy is a bubble gum pink that looks soft and pretty with light blue eyes. Skinny Dip is a deep metallic blue; not unique but very nice. Lucky Charms is a pine green shimmer, which is also very nice.

I have a feeling I'll like this palette even more as I experiment with the colors. So far my favorite duo is Boy Toy with Socialite; the bright pink blends really well with the pink copper, yet still gives a nice contrast. Very pretty and not at all showy. My husband said it looked good with my red hair. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 12:32:00 PM More reviews by yomin

I love it so much

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 5:48:00 AM More reviews by petitebabygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Glamazon the best. The shadows stay on until I take my makeup off. I just wish Skinny Dip and Lucky Charms were replaced with more wearable colors as I have yet to find an occasion to use them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

This purchase was a splurge for me, but it was worth every penny!

I was skeptical of the primer at first, but once I tried it, it was simply AMAZING, especially for someone like me with oily skin and very crease-prone eyelids. (One of my eyelids creases in on top of itself, so it is a wreck sometimes.)

Also, the six eyeshadows are highly pigmented and provide a punch. I was slightly worried because they went on with a lot of shine and glitter, but in pictures and from afar, they didn't look over-the-top at all. I wouldn't use the darker eyeshadows (the green and blue) anywhere outside of a club/party/special occasion, but the lighter two (the bronze and the peachy one) work really well for anything from a smokey eye to a simple, natural eye look.

Also, the eyeshadows came in a really flat little booklet, which fits into every bag I own.