August 22, 2014 | 1195 users online

Moisturizers - Avon - Basics Rich Moisture Face Cream

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by sofiloco

This is a lovely fresh moisturiser. I tend to only use this in the evenings but i can use it anytime my face really needs moisturising! It absorbs quickly and leaves dry patches velvety smooth. This is the most basic skincare item i actually use, but will be a nessecety for my skincare collection from now on! I'm not giving 5 lippies because i hate the plastic pot, and would rather have it in a tube!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by charlie_leone

this is a very basic face moisturizer, it contain Petroleum. it is ok for my combo skin, what i do is i put this on when my face still wet from toner, makes it lighter for my make up. i like it becoz it is so cheap you only need a little for the entire face. the jar is too big it will last forever! $4.99cdn.

ps. too rich for my combo skin type i stop use it. becoz of petroleum too rich for my combo skin type.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by bisco

I'm glad I ordered this from my coworker, I did a review on my hydrating olay moisturizer yesterday, but totally forgot I ordered a billion things from her. Giddy like a kid on Christmas, when I got home I washed my face with my cleansers and pro x last night, and slapped this on my face. Now, if I'm gonna break out when using a new product, it's immediately. Especially with face creams. So last night was the test, to my surprise when I woke up, I had no flare up anywhere. My skin wasn't oily, but instead really pretty. It cleared up my dry skin on my chin, and the corners of my nose. The smell to me, I actually kind of like? Does it smell like grandma Avon would use it, yes, but the benefits of this are nice. And despite the ingredient list which I'm bitter/sweet about, it's a good deal and gets the job done, if not more.

Besides that, I don't see myself running out anytime soon. I'm giving it 4 lippies because Avon needs to specify their face creams better, I'm very fortunate I picked this one that's right for me, because I think they have two other rich moisture creams that are vague in descriptions. I also think the packaging is cheap, and could be made more modern.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a hidden gem at Avon. Cant believe more people have not bought it yet. I only got it for $3 on sale. It moisturizes really well, doesnt break me out and I have very oily skin. I cant speak for antiaging properties, but it wonderful for 20yr olds. It doesnt sting my sensitive skin. I have tried much expensive products that have dont nothing for my skin. This product is worth using. One of my favorites, and you get 6.7fl. oz which is an isane price for a face cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 2:47:00 AM More reviews by nn21pika

I got this face cream because I read the reviews on the Avon website, and this product had a 100% people-would-recommend percentage, plus a high 4.something rating. I did not believe a product could be THAT good, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm SUPER glad I did. It has become my HG moisturizer. If you read the reviews on the Avon website, it is absolutely true that this moisturizer does NOT leave a greasy feeling whatsoever, it simply absorbs into the skin. I only put this on after my evening showers and sometimes again before bed, but I do believe people can wear it under makeup earlier in the day because it really doesn't leave a greasy residue I know my other moisturizer did. I dunno if it's because I'm simply paying more attention to my skin =P, but I really do feel like my skin texture has improved since using it. It's always super smooth when I wake up the next morning..:D

Anyway, I think it's a GREAT before-bed moisturizer that I would HIGHLY recommend people to give a try. Some reviewers said it was discontinued for a while, so I suggest people try it while it's still out should it be discontinued again. It's also pretty darn cheap because Avon is constantly having sales, and they even have a larger jar now too. I also actually LIKE the smell, I think it's like jasmine tea..(*shrug* just my opinion) Thanks for reading my review! =D

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2009 7:14:00 AM More reviews by jlwil2

It's ok, feels kind of light though... I really cannot get over that smell... it reminds me of old lady perfume... very strong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

This was one of the first moisture creams I ever used and it is still a favorite. It is very light weight and I think designed for the younger skin in mind. It always has a place on my moisture cream shelf and I still reach for it when I need a boost. I do not mind the scent at all. I find it refreshing and calming. Perhaps because it has been around for so long, kind of like an old friend you can count on to soothe and comfort.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Apparently this is one of those Avon products that has been around forever but I never heard of it until it caught my eye on sale. I'm constantly shopping around for new moisturizers and on sale for less than 4 bucks I decided to try. This stuff works wonders for my dry yet surface oily skin. I haven't broken out from it, it really absorbs and leaves my skin feel comfortable and non greasy all day. 2 complaints... comes small deep jar and the smell... which is some freaky grape popsicle type scent.

Update: This has become a holy grail and about the time I say that, despite the fact that it has been around for a long time, it will probably disappear. I've gone through about 4 jars now. It doesn't make me break out, my skin has improved since I started using it, and it is over all just perfect except for that damn scent. continued >>