April 20, 2014 | 1696 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - Professionnel Platinum Air Brush #55

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first time I felt this brush, an SA was using it to apply liquid foundation on my face. I had to stop her and ask what it was because it was SO SOFT. I didn't walk out with foundation but I did buy the brush. I have the one with the black lacquered handle. I mainly use this to apply liquid or cream foundations. Application is quick and smooth. The finish is not streaky. I started using this for powders too and have loved that also! If I can only have one face brush besides blush, this will be it. it comes with a plastic cover too that protects the bristles from splaying out too widely. This is my first sephora brush purchase. Though it seemed a bit pricey, I do not regret buying it. I am impressed and will be looking to get their 56 next!

Ps. This brush cleans and dries easily. I just use some shampoo & conditioner and lay it flat. It's dry the next day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only brush that does not make my face sting and turn red when applying MMU with it. Über-soft. Synthetic hair is easier to clean than natural and it dries quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by jojo4411

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is hands down, the best brush for liquid or cream foundations. It gives a flawless finish that can be built up to full coverage if used properly. I'm not sure why so many negative reviews, but perhaps they don't know how to use it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This brush is great if you want a super light finish and already have great looking skin. It also works well with powders as well. Doesn't shed and is a good quality brush. I'd save your money and get the Sephora #56 brush because it is an all around better brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush!! I use it for foundation and powder. It gets the job done and I have no complaints. I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have the SEPHORA COLLECTION Pro Airbrush #55, with a black handle.

It is not a fluffy powder brush, more of a hybrid of a common powder and blending powder brush. I use it for applying both loose and pressed powder on top of my liquid foundation. I think I read somewhere it should be used with liquid primary. I like how it blends the powder seamlessly into my foundation making any previous notable pores non-notable. I really hope that the quality of the ferrule is good, since the price of the brush is pretty high, because the brush, to me, doesn't have an expensive look and feel.

PROs:
- blends powder into liquid nicely
- makes the foundation look seamless (I have uneven skin: acne and acne scars, large/r pores)
- super soft bristles

CONs:
- to me, not a too luxurious feel for the price (ferrule looks cheap)

I would recommend to a friend.

I put a "yes" for "If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again?" but it is more a "maybe". If it lasts more than 7 yrs, I would buy it again. If it doesn't, the price is not worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by kai21

HG!! It makes MAC studio fix powder + foundation look very smooth and natural, not cake-y or powdery at all! I thought that was amazing since its hard (at least for me) to achieve a natural look with that product... Anyway back to the brush, it's a little pricey, but (very) well worth it! I've used it to apply sun screen, bronzer, blush.. flawless finish every time!! I have yet to apply liquid foundation with it, but like I've mentioned I've used it for sunscreen and it left my skin looking nice and better than when I apply it with my hands... This is a brush that everyone should invest in, well if you like looking natural and flawless! it also does wonders for blending :D

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by zephir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A fabulous brush. Here's how I use it:

Dab foundation in a thin layer on my cheeks with a flat foundation brush or fingers. Swirl and buff with this brush from the cheeks out until it's all blended in. Or I do what the reviewer below me does, and put a dab on the back of my hand, dab this brush in it and buff and swirl over my face. Perfection!

I prefer this over the MAC skunk stippling brush as it has never shed on me. The bristles are soft and dense and it also washes clean very easily.

I took one lippy off overall because this brush is expensive! I did get it as a present though :) Recommend and would buy again, although I doubt I'll need to because of its superb quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by habana

Very pricey, but well worth the money. This is the best foundation brush I've ever used. The bristles are very soft and no shedding at all. I put a little foundation on the back of my hand, dab the brush in it and buff it into my skin in a light swirling motion and it blends into my skin so nice. No streaks like flat foundation brushes leave behind. I consider this brush a good investment and highly recommend it. Well worth the money I paid.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

The first time I tried this brush I didn't get it and returned it; it felt too floppy and my foundation didn't look that great. Well, I just repurchased it after an Sephora MUA used it on me and I finally understood how to use it correctly! I dab foundation on my cheeks and T zone or I dip the brush into a little bit of product and ever-ever-ever so lightly swirl the brush on the surface of my skin and swirl and swirl away until my skin truly looks air-brushed. Takes a bit of practice to get the correct pressure but once you do, it is an amazing tool for liquid foundation and buffs product into flawless perfection. Softest bristles ever. Love it and glad I finally learned to use it properly!