Alberto Vo5 Blackberry Sage Tea Conditioner

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Benzyl Benzoate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Limonene, Citral, Citronellol, Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract (Sage), Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Extract (Blackberry), Niacinamide, Biotin (Vitamin H)

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

ive started wearing my brazillian kinky curly hair for spring / summer 2015 GoDDeSS FuN! i have Beyond the Zone Noodle Head Curling Creme to Sauce up and Define My Curls. I was using Tressemme Curl Hydration Conditioner for the everyday liven the curls up situation (water, argon oil and Tressemme Conditoner mix) WELL id been looking for it @ the local drugstores with NO luck lately sooo i tried Suave Almond & Sheabutter it's good BUT when i came upon this mix Blackberry Sage Tea i was like OMG this sounds TERRIFFIC! i mixed water argon oil and Blackberry Sage Tea shook My Kicking Curls Concoction up and spritzed it throughout My Kinky Curls and yESSSSSS it's the BUSINESS! it's NOT overpowering with smell in fact i just went n used it on my hair to liven my kinky curls up with just this condish and it's even MORE pretty results! it KICKS UP your curly hair! sooo i like and im sooo EXCITED because it's on sale @ my local grocery store for .88cents im bout to get 10 bottles & be set for spring / summer GoDDeSS FUN 2015 yESSSS!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These conditioners are okay for co-washing, but not much else. I've been using this as a regular conditioner after shampooing and it does so little to moisturize, soften, or detangle. Keep in mind that my hair is essentially virgin (at this point I've done a little gradual highlighting with hydrogen peroxide + heat but that's all). I do appreciate the smell being light but lasting. I find that most inexpensive conditioners have fragrances that give me a headache or clash horribly with other products. I will probably try to find something else inexpensive that has some 'cones or more softening ingredients. Overall I'd give it a "meh." I would buy again if I only had a dollar to spend, otherwise probably not.

on 1/18/2015 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I can't believe I would fall in love with a $1.07 conditioner, but there's a first time for everything! Like some kind of addict, I just brought home two more bottles yesterday and I paid for them with the change at the bottom of my purse.

I'm not sure why I tried these to begin with. I suppose I am just generally not that picky about hair stuff and I'm willing to just use whatever works. These conditioners in general are well-reviewed and cheap so I thought "why not?!"

I'm really glad I took the leap! I also tried the Vo5 Vanilla Mint conditioner and, while I liked it and slightly preferred the scent to this one, it was too runny for me. The Blackberry conditioner is thicker than the Vanilla Mint so you don't feel like you're dumping the whole bottle out every time you use it. This one is fruity smelling (as expected!), but it's not sickeningly sweet and, despite what the label claims, the scent doesn't really last too long (this is a plus for me).

I'd say this is a fairly light conditioner. I could see this being a drawback for some, but this is perfect for me because my hair is fine and is easily weighed down by products that are too moisturizing.

I don't wash my hair every day but I do use this every day to detangle and "freshen up" my hair in the shower and it does a fantastic job at that. And, when I do wash my hair, I use this conditioner on my hair before I wash to detangle and then I use it after I wash to detangle and condition. My hair comes out soft, shiny, and tangle-free. I'm not really sure what else I could ask for in a conditioner, to be honest.

on 10/29/2013 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This is a pretty good conditioner. It is pretty rare that I want a blackberry scented product but when I feel like smelling fresh and sweet, I put this on and it actually makes my hair feel very silky smooth

on 10/4/2013 11:03:00 AM

This is a great conditioner for either the Conditioner Only method (CO method) or the Condition/Wash/Condition method. (the CWC method.) People with long hair often use these methods to wash their hair. I use it as the first conditioner on the ends of my long hair to protect them before I shampoo, then I use a heavier conditioner afterwards. It smells great, does the job, and is cheap! It is easier to find then my beloved Original Tea Therapy Conditioner. What is there not to love?

on 6/5/2013 6:31:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I buy these all the time. They have great detangling power and they smell nice. This particular scent is nice but not too overly strong or fruity. It goes on nice and thick but rinses out really well. And the price just can't be beat. Why bother with anything more expensive?

on 1/21/2013 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

To save money, I picked this up for .89 cents instead of my normal Pantene conditioner. Wow, this was surprisingly good as others have stated in their reviews. The scent is great, not too sweet, and it defrizzes my curls and adds a little volume. Good at detangling, though I slightly still prefer Pantene Restoratives for that, but the price cannot be beat. Recommended for girls with curly hair.

on 5/27/2012 12:31:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I don't like overly perfumy or room-freshenery or candylike scents in my conditioners, and this is a nice change of pace from my usual VO5 Extra Volume. It does have a somewhat fruity berryish scent but it's not too sweet or dessertlike and it's tempered with some muskiness. It's no Mure et Musc, but at least the two wouldn't clash too terribly. And the scent is gone when my hair is dry.

I have fine fragile hair and the way I use this conditioner, as any of the cheap conditioners I use, is to mix it 4 parts conditioner to 1 part each honey and pure aloe gel. This produces a conditioner that works better than very expensive ones. I use it for slip when I rinse out henna, for deep-conditioning, for occasional CO washes and as a regular conditioner after my Chagrin Valley shampoo bars (which really don't *need* conditioner but I like the extra super soft shine).

on 4/30/2012 3:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff is great! Adds a perfect amount of slip for your brush to glide through any tangles. Smells so nice, too! I like the thin consistency as it's easier to spread through the hair quickly, and it coats each hair.

on 4/28/2012 8:17:00 PM

I loved the smell of this but it left my hair feeling heavy and oily. For the price, you can't beat it though and it was worth a try based on all of the positive reviews.