December 25, 2014 | 1478 users online

BB Cream - HANSKIN - Caviar Gold BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall rating: 3.5
Price at the time of purchase: ~$32
Buy Again? At the time of purchase, BB creams were not popular in the states and they are hard to find in stores where you can sample them on your skin. Now, there are so many BB cream options in the states, I have to try others!

Review:
Some people might be scared away by the grey/ashy color tone of this product when you first apply it to your skin, but give it a minute and it will blend closer to your skin color. This can provide great coverage if you apply more layers, without feeling heavy on your skin (don’t really feel anything at all!). You really don’t need a lot to begin with, as this product spreads really easily and sinks into your skin immediately. Problem with this one is mainly color options/color match. I have light (but not white or pale) Asian skin w/ yellow undertones and the color worked for me. My coworker, who is also Asian, but has a darker/more tan skintone tried it and it made her skin a little bit too bright. For the both of us, it evened out the redness around the nose and gave us an almost matte finish.

I really liked the fact that the bottle is light & small. I can throw this in my bag to work and if I am heading to happy hour or dinner after, I can just re-apply at the end of the day in the areas I need to (not my entire face). It doesn't make my skin feel greasy or oily at the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 8:58:00 AM More reviews by babyleia27

I'm loyal to Hanskin when it comes to BB creams. It's the brand most compatible to my skin, and most of my friends prefer this variant too. I like it's coverage and how it evens my skin tone. Also, it's a great make up base. I use this as my foundation then set it with loose powder. Also, it didn't cause any break outs even when I accidentally slept with my make up on. It does not make my skin oily or cakey at the end of the day. It also made improvements with my skin like reducing my pores and getting rid of pimple scars. I'm so glad I discovered this BB cream while browsing on eBay.

Unfortunately, purchasing this product is difficult for me. This is not available locally, and I always have to buy online to replenish my stocks. Plus the price is higher than other BB creams. So now I purchased multiple tubes so I don't have to buy frequently (and save on shipping too!).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Kokeshigirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite bb cream so far :) I'm out to try a lot lol. So far I have tried skin75 the pink plus one, shills, shills cherry blossom, lohashil and many more are on the way. I don't really use makeup, so maybe it will not impress you as much as me.
This gives me really good looking skin. It's not sticky at all and doesn't rub of, which is good for me as I touch my face all the time. It stays put all day even in slight snow. It covers redness completely, minimizes dark circles, and brightens my complexion. It does make me look a bit pale, and if I don't put it on really sparely it makes me look gray. But spread thinly, it works with my yellowish asian skin.
The smell is really fresh and disappears instantly, the texture is quite thin and it is easy to apply.
I have been using it a couple of days, and I think my skin is beginning to improve ^_^.
It is a bit pricey for me, but I will definately buy again... once I have tried others out heh

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 6:41:00 AM More reviews by blackmumboe

Being someone with young and combi-oily skin, I knew from the start that with an ingredient as nourishing as caviar, this would make my face secrete more oil. Thankfully the product did not break me out but my face did become quite oily only after a few hours.

Coverage is sheer to medium and given the reputation of bb creams being pasty white, I was surprised to find this did not leave a white film on my face. It blends out very nicely and as I was looking for fuller coverage, I topped it off with concealer and compact and the finish was flawless. My pores were still visible (I wasn't using a primer) but it gives a nice sheen. It was also good that the product came in a tube design and so it's easier to control the amount. What I didn't like was its oil control and it was a tad too moisturizing for my face but as mentioned, caviar IS moisturizing. So I wouldn't recommend this to folks who have combi or oily skin unless you're using an oil-controlling primer or powder as I feel it'll be more suited for dry skin. (My mother has dry, matured skin and she raved about how moisturizing it was).

Overall, a good product but I won't be repurchasing it again seeing as it isn't suited for my skin type.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by InColor

This review is for the BB Caviar gold. It has decent coverage, feels light, and also carries an SPF of 21. It has not aggravated additional breakouts for my acne prone skin. This product also contains tiny bits of caviar which sounds a bit odd to me but apparently nutrient properties. The color for this product is too light for my skin but as long as you top it off with the correct color of loose powder it serves the trick! There are numerous companies offering BB creams nowadays, I don't know which one I'll choose next...but the quest continues because this is too light and sheer for my liking.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by atsugari

Unfortunately I have combo/oily skin. I should've know better to get this since it says anti-aging. I get little bumps. It's meant for people with drier skin. Good thing I got it in a sample packet. I'll look for a BB cream for oilier skin.

I do love the initial application smooth and flawless covers my problem areas nicely. I use it with mineral foundation on top and my skin looks flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by skgpqls5

This BB cream is the best one I've tried and found. You only need a little amount to cover the whole face. I've got a sample and I've been using it for more than a week!!!! It has a nice but light coverage and it has SPF 21 as well. I suffered from acne badly but now I'm just left with the scars. Since I'm wearing this, my friends have complemented my complexion. I love this BB cream!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by stellina

I've rediscovered my love of Asian cosmetics, especially base & foundation, so when I heard about BB cream I had to try it. Recently I returned to Shiseido foundations & am loving the new Smoothing powder, but it works better over a base & I hadn't found the right one until now. The Caviar Gold is meant for a drier complexion and therefore has a higher moisture factor & anti-aging properties, but it isn't slick or greasy at all. On its own, it evens out my skin tone and blurs the redness somewhat, but under the powder foundation, it makes for a flawless finish: no caking and it lasts. I don't need a moisturizer although it probably won't be enough come winter or for anyone with very dry skin. The only other caution is that it comes in one shade (as do many BB creams) and since it is a Korean product, it is geared toward warmer skin tones & would be too dark for the very fair. It comes in a portable squeeze tube. I'm already shopping for another!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No