October 21, 2014 | 2097 users online

Styling Products - Ion - Color Brilliance - Pre-Color Treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product! I sprayed this all over my hair before applying my color (Redken Shades EQ) & my color came out even despite different sections of my hair having different porosity levels.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

This really helped the health of my hair... I am all about keeping my hair as healthy as possible... at the same time i like to do all the fun stuff that reallu can cause a lot of damage. With this product, I feel a little less guilty when coloring my hair. I will absolutley purchase this again, everytime I want to color my hair, this will be the first thing that gets done so it will be easier to manage and protect the integrity of my hair...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Why am I the only one who had a problem with this?
I used it to avoid "hot roots," but that's just what I got. My roots are a beautiful colour, and the rest of my hair is almost black. And that's saying something considering I haven't dyed my hair in months, it was a medium brown starting out, and I used a medium brown auburn.
I followed the directions to a t... so I'm not sure what happened.
I am only giving this 2 lippies because it did make my hair feel better afterward.

Update: It's been a couple years now, and I've used this a few times. I won't change my review because I see barely any difference when I use it. Not sure if it's my hair (can be over-processed, I admit). And I could be making up any difference I see. Not sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased a sample sized packet of this to try before purchasing the big bottle. I applied this before dying and I was impressed with the scent. This made it a little bit more bearable while dying not to have the nasty dye smell. This also seemd to moisturizer my hair a little to absorb the color well. In the long run I am not sure if it made all the difference with my color or not so I will be trying it again before I make a full decision if it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by leeannmiller

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I needed a product that would help cover my subborn grays around my face. This really works! I love the results and how easy it is to use. I will use this 'EVERY time I color my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Starzzie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great stuff. I was ready to use a protein filler from Sallys. Unfortunately they don't carry them here in Ont, Canada because there is no french on the back...... the lady told me about Ion's Pre-Color Treatment. I thought I'd try it.
I haven't tried it on my own hair yet. I had very very light blonde hair extensions that I wanted to dye dark brown. I knew the bleaching I put them through, there could be a possibility they won't grab a dark dye very well. I tried the Ion Pre-Color Treatment and it worked ! The extensions came out all one solid dark shade of brown. Judging by these reviews and how well it worked with my extensions. I will be using this stuff on my hair and follow up with a review about it. I have bleached hair that doesn't dye or hold my brown dye very well. Hopefully Ion's Pro-Color treatment will help.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

What a great product, and it works! My ends are bleached out and never hold any color whatsoever when I put in low-lights. This absolutelt helped my hair grab the color. I just sprayed it directly on to my hair before I applied Ion Demi Permanent color. I'm very pleased with the results. Holygrail for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for something that would help to cover my very stubborn gray areas better. I decided to try this since it is suppose to help the color to grab better. Wow this stuff worked! The areas that normally don't cover that well covered perfectly! I will report back on if this helps the color to last longer.

info
* Helps even porosity of hair prior to color or chemical service
* Helps produce even results
* Contains alpha hydroxy acid and citrus extract
* No harsh odor

The ion Color Brilliance Pre-Color Treatment is a state of the art formula that helps to even the porosity of the hair prior to tinting, lightening, permanent waving or relaxing. The alpha hydroxy acids and citrus extracts help to ensure even color results from scalp to ends.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No