October 22, 2014 | 1978 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Genifique

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by spottedswan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My flaws = oily t-zone, dry cheeks, acne-prone, sensitive with a few texture issues.

When I need my makeup to be flawless, this serum works as the best primer in my arsenal. The silicones in the formula create an instantly smooth canvas. I use it 1-2 times a week and predict the bottle will last a year. The alcohol and fragrance don't bother my skin.

I don't have any lofty expectations for longterm benefit or restored youth. Google shows that The Federal Trade Commission reached a settlement deal with L’Oréal regarding charges of deceptive advertising for Genefique and Youth Code. This isn't going to turn back the clock, but once applied I do look more radiant.

For a glorified primer, the price is ridiculous.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Bethanyc35

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have dry skin/very dry skin stay away!!!! I got the 7 day and in those 7 days it dried out my skin severely!!! Throwing it away. =(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by pattida1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish I could figure out how to post a pic....It looks like I had botox! Awesome!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by dawnlois

Thank God I got the 7 day sample of this product before thinking of buying it. I used it two days in a row in the AM along with my other products that I've always used. Seeing that it's the only thing I did differently, I'm totally blaming it for the two nasty pimples that popped up overnight to make their debut on day three. Aside from that, I found this product to have alot of alcohol (and the smell that comes with it) and to be pretty drying. (Duh) Which is why it seems odd that it would cause breakouts. Regardless, this didn't perform for me at all, not to mention the price is absolutely ridiculous.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by formika8476

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went through several samples of this and like it fine: it makes my skin smooth while I'm using it, feels nice going on, and dries quickly to an elegant finish -- good before moisturizing and makeup. However, it has much more alcohol than Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair, as well as a good amount of dimethicone. I don't have issues with these ingredients per se, but I do feel that they dilute the beneficial ingredients quite a bit. EL's Night Repair dries down just as nicely without the alcohol and there's dimethicone in my moisturizer. What I want from a serum is a highly concentrated formula that goes right up against my skin before I seal it in with my moisturizer. So while this is nice, I would rather buy the EL for my purposes - comparable price for a more concentrated formula and a better range of ingredients, imo. Bottom line: I wouldn't buy this, but I'll use the free samples.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by Tracy5123

My friend gave me this Lancome to use as she didn't feel it worked great for her skin and didn't want tit to go to waste, and paid a lot of money for it, so I gave it a try and she was right, didn't do anything for me either. I'll be sticking to my biocorrex which I've started using just recently, and have to say capsule form is definitely worth considering!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow! This stuff feels amazing and just makes my skin glow! The price is very steep, but if I can get these types of results without having to rely on a needle just yet, I'll pay it:). I've never felt anything that feels this good on my skin and my skin absorbs it like water to a sponge! Probably my favorite product from the entire Lancome line! The packaging is gorgeous but just be careful I doesn't tip over... if even just one drop is wasted I think I will cry because it's so spendy! A 2.5 oz bottle is $134... but should last 7 months with twice a day usage... but I think I will just use it once a day to make it stretch over a year - that way it becomes a good value and a great investment for beautiful skin. I do combine this with the Olay Regenerist Serum (to get benefits of niacinamide!) and my skin is radiant! Serums and toners (love the L'Oreal Hydrafresh toner in pink!) are so underrated in skincare. After incorporating these steps in addition to my usual cleanser and moisturizer, my skin really looks so fresh and plump. I actually look forward to my daily beauty regimen because I feel like I'm getting pampered:)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by AnnAllan

I am almost 55, I purchased Genifique Advanced Serum thinking I would loose a few wrinkles and get an inner glow as they advertise. I have been totally disappointed with this expensive product. I do like that the serum seems to have no fragrance and it is easy to apply although a bit on the thin side. Instead of this product making a difference it has worsened my skin. After the first week of use, my skin had turned splotchy and red. After week two I have not noticed any skin improvement in wrinkle, tone, texture, skin spots; etc. My pores actually got worse and I hate the splotchy mess my skin is in right now! In addition, I noticed that my foundation did not go on as well and when checking my make-up in a magnified mirror, the foundation was gloppy. I will be going back to EL Night Repair used in conjunction with Pearl Cream. I hate to say this, but in my opinion, purchasing the high priced Genifique is a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Bivette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HI, Im in my 2nd bottle,Late 20's, Oily Skin prone to hormonal breakouts, well i like lancome genifique because its light, absorbs quickly, gives you a silky touch, brights your skin, deal with acne brown spots and its gives all The hidratation i need in this hot & humid tropic weather...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Littlebopeepyo

I cannot live without this product. I have combination skin with an occasional pimple. This serum is my life. I have purchased this 4 times and will continue to. The serum smoothes your skin, giving it the perfect base for all other products. It brightens your skin and I believe helps keep pimples away.

My skin routine is clinique toner, geninfique, vissionaire polishing cream and dream tone.

On days where I don't want to use a lot of makeup, genifique makes my skin glow.

I'm 25 and have been using this since I was 22. I'm told everyday that I have beautiful clear skin.