October 25, 2014 | 1759 users online

Conditioner - Garnier - Fructis Body Boost

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by tsh82

this is sooo much better than my kracie conditioner. it doesnt smell as much as kracie but the result is much better. soft and voluminized

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

I usually use a smoothing conditioner (my hair is thick and has plenty of volume regardless), but those are heavy, so I occasionally like to give it a break with a clarifying shampoo (Suave Rosemary + Mint) and this. I find that all Garnier products eventually lead to a waxy buildup if used frequently, so I don't, but it's fine for occasional use. Obviously it isn't as smoothing as conditioners intended for that purpose, but it's sufficient. Also, I really love the juicy green apple smell (vs. Suave Sleek, which seems to fluctuate between cherry/coconut, orchid, and generic salon haircare perfume-iness) and the super convenient upside down squeeze tube packaging.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I've been looking for a volumizing conditioner for my medium-textured, slightly curly hair, but those that I've tried left my hair dry, didn't hold my curl, and made my scalp itch.

Body boost conditioner didn't dry out my hair or irritate my scalp. Unfortunately, it didn't add body.

I tried it both for co-washing and as a regular conditioner with the Body Boost shampoo.

Their are two formulas - one for fine hair and the other for normal hair. I used the formula for normal hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

I have been using the J.F sheer blonde line for many years, the shampoos and conditioners and in my opinion they work best on my heavy highlighted hair. I purchase from time to time other conditioners to mix with my J.F conditioner, for more body, moisture or whatever I desire. I purchased this because Im a fan of voluminous hair, I dont like flat like hair. This stuff was a horror, it made my hair sticky, and I started to notice breakage, and tons of fly aways. It did give volume but not in a clean bouncy way. I think I tried something else in the past from the famous Garnier hair line, I think their hair products dont improve hair but damage hair, Im not at all a fan of their decomposing fruit concentrates. I think the Garnier hair line has the worst hair products out there, never again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by mtnsunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I always come back to Garnier. I've never tried the Body Boost before, because most volumizing shampoos and conditioners dry my hair out. However, after FINALLY cutting off the last of my color-treated hair, my virgin hair is often oily so I decided to give the Body Boost a whirl. Garnier has never let me down! I love the smell the most. The conditioner is moisturizing without weighing down my hair and my hair is less oily. I haven't had any problems with the ginseng and I will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by nicole33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Excellent. LOVE it and I am very loyal to this after experimenting for years and years with high end, natural/vegan etc. shampoos and conditioners.

I'm sold! It makes my damaged, colour treated hair a lot more manageable and healthier looking.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Ponchy

All I can say is: What body? This product (along with the "matching" shampo) did nothing to add body to my hair. Zero. Zip. Nada. Too bad too as it does smell nice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Cherub573

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is better than no conditioner, but it's not that great for my thin, fine hair. It smells alright, but does not detangle well or leave my hair very soft. It's mediocre on all counts. And actually, I have noticed breakage in my hair since I have been using this conditioner for the past 6 months, and I don't blow-dry, use irons, or even dye my hair currently. The only other time I've seen breakage in my hair was when I used to use an iron on a semi-regular basis and dyed my hair (years ago!).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Dominoangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lid is a total pain in the rear, but worth the trouble. I love this stuff. I have fine hair, oily scalp, color treated hair that tangles like steel wool when wet. I must have something that conditions well but doesn't build up or weigh hair down at all and this is the ticket. I have always like Garnier but was never able to use it much because the available formulas were far too rich for my hair. I am SO glad they came out with this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2009 3:47:00 AM More reviews by ComplexCorrigan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a conditioner that moisturizes without building up on my fine, wavy/sometimes frizzy hair (also color-treated and dry). I've tried many Suave conditioners and have even done conditioner-only washes (which are good for awhile but then seem to loose effectiveness) but I'm not quite satisfied. So I decided to go back to using a regular shampoo and I think I've found one that I like (see my review for Dove's Go Fresh Energize Grapefruit & Lemongrass Scent). I also wanted a conditioner that afforded a bit more moisture than what I felt I was getting with the Suave. I think this is a really nice, no build-up conditioner. It's not runny when it comes out of the bottle, the product has a nice thickness. It makes my hair feel soft and easy to comb and my hair is smoother but not weighed down. I think I like this combination of the Garnier Co' and the Dove 'poo! :)